CRC....

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    No, the problem is all to do with broken promises - as the OP said, they promise to dispatch same day if ordered by a certain time, and they didn't (and don't in other cases). Its a bit like turning up at a supermarket where you have been promised that there are no queues, but there are, and they last for days :roll:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Amazon are massive and they manage fine. If I pay for next day, I get it next day. That's not the case with CRC.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    ordered yesterday. should be arriving tommorow as it's been shipped already
  • tilt
    tilt Posts: 214
    turnerjohn wrote:
    tilt wrote:
    You can pay for next day delivery if you want....... :roll:

You can indeed, which makes it even more frustrating when they still don't arrive on time.

Last Thursday I placed an order for in stock items, before the stated cut-off and paid for next day before 1pm. They didn't even dispatch them.

Their response to me was:

We are very sorry for the delays with your recent order.

We have been having work carried out in our warehouse over the past few weeks and it has been causing delays while try to get everything back on track.

Had I known this in advance I would have ordered elsewhere, but despite having two different means of contacting me (mobile and email) they didn't. It was only at 12:30 on the Friday when I got in touch with them that I found out about the delay.

They are refunding the postage at least, but I'm not too impressed with the way my order was handled.

TBH CRC are massive...both warehouse and website / orders so I expect the odd delay. Dont think its unreasonable seeing as postage is also free ! Its like turning up at a supermarket and expecting not to have to queue !!!

Interesting that you've quoted my post, but not actually read it :?

I paid for next day delivery (£9.99) because I needed the items next day. They were not dispatched. I was not informed, and it took me contacting them before I found out they hadn't dispatched them.

Also, CRC being a big company is no excuse, if anything it should enable them to have the resources in place to actually provide the service they offer.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Ordered a couple of bits from CRC late on Monday (well after their 'next day' cut off), got order and shipment confirmation yesterday and they're sat on my desk as I type.

Ordered from Merlin at the same time, and those bits are here too.

Oh, and between the two companies I saved between 15-45% on each item (against RRP).

More faultless service from both CRC and Merlin. If only they gave out Haribo too...
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    if you are not happy with crc then stop using them. i had to cancel an order with wiggle and it took them a week. was not impressed and so stopped using them totally and now use crc and ebay and evanscycles on the odd occasion and haven't had any problems like this
  • tilt
    tilt Posts: 214
    jay12 wrote:
    if you are not happy with crc then stop using them. i had to cancel an order with wiggle and it took them a week. was not impressed and so stopped using them totally and now use crc and ebay and evanscycles on the odd occasion and haven't had any problems like this

Thanks man, I hadn't thought of that.
  • Anonymous
    tilt wrote:
    I paid for next day delivery (£9.99) because I needed the items next day. They were not dispatched. I was not informed, and it took me contacting them before I found out they hadn't dispatched them.
    Same here, and it's not the first time either. A one off I can understand, but each time they need prompting and come back with the same excuse (well except the first time which as I said they blamed on the volcano, but even that I'm not convinced about as it was again a case that they just hadn't even shipped it and gave no update to explain the delay. Prompted them and it shipped immediately and turned up in a couple of days, despite the volcano).

Anyway, I do still like to use them, but it's just I know now that I may not get my items for a week and may have to prompt them to ship it. Also know that paying for next day is not worth it, which is something I feel is useful for others to know about to avoid wasting money.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Ordered stuff from crc monday night, arrived this morning. No complaints! Beat dvds coming from play which were dispatched on monday, but are yet to arrive..
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    same here, orderd couple of parts that are "in stock" 2 days ago and still processing :(

finding them very random lately.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    ...and again ordered arm warmers yesterday before 9am; order shown this am as `still processing`, item is supposedly in stock, no `order complete` note, don`t know whether they`ll be here today or not. re issue of stop using them, yes have considered that but they have a website set up that I consider easy to use / find items on.

btw re Evanc Cycles, my one and only experience with tehm has been very poor :x , ordered shoes shown as `in stock`----nothiong appeared, phoned to be told that actually items were `out at other store` and may have to wait up to another week; cancelled order went to Cyclestore, same item, within 24 hr free p&p, so voting with my cash I`ll never use Evans again
  • phearnde
    phearnde Posts: 73
    Ordered pedals yesterday PM (04/08), immediately aknowledged, 'order complete' this AM (05/08).

So, still doing a good job
  • Big_Ste
    Big_Ste Posts: 28
    Placed my order Monday, 8am.....paid extra for next day royal mail pre 1pm (approx £8) and so was expecting it early Tuesday.

Nothing came, today (wednesday) i receive despatch confirmation and a RM tracking ref. Its going to be delivered Thursday now. So the method of despatch which i paid extra for to guarantee Tuesday delivery is now coming 2 days later than planned.

My last couple of CRC orders have been like this, the last one being several months ago. Delays i can expect BUT what i can't and WON'T accept is the complete lack of communication from CRC.... i've supplied my contact details, both phone and email, as a customer i expect to be contacted if theres a delay or problem with my order. To leave me sitting there, twiddling my thumbs is wrong and IMO poor customer service.

Its all about managing your customers expectations, if I'm able to select guaranteed next day delivery for my order then you've set my expectations right there! Im expecting it next day! If theres a problem i want to know about it!

I'm going to probably try Merlin for my next purchases and see how they do.

Anyway, back to my complaint email to CRC ....
  • Cba to trawl through the whole thread but i am probably repeating much of what has been said.

Ordered a fair bit from them recently, it is certainly not as quick as they used to be but cheaper than most places and because of that, i don't mind waiting to much cos i am getting free delivery no matter how cheap or expensive the part.

The bit i am baffled by is i made an order last night, instantly realised i wanted something else, bought it straight after, the two items were shipped seperately and by different means. One was parcel force the other royal mail. Turns out Royal mail delivered it before the other package even arrived in the country.

Ah well, who cares, it's free - unless of course you paid extra.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Was one of those items something big, like a frame? That's why. Bigger items by parcelforce, smaller items by RM 1st class.

Ordered a fair bit off them myself of late. Where it used to be pretty much a case of order before 1pm for next day, it's now closer to 2days. But it's still good. And they will be VERY busy with the sale on and everything.
  • Was one of those items something big, like a frame? That's why. Bigger items by parcelforce, smaller items by RM 1st class.

Ordered a fair bit off them myself of late. Where it used to be pretty much a case of order before 1pm for next day, it's now closer to 2days. But it's still good. And they will be VERY busy with the sale on and everything.

Pedals went by mail and the other was chainset which was sent by parcel force. I wouldn't have thought it would be that big. Not that i am complaining, its free and i am in no rush.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Anonymous
    north-sure wrote:
    And that really is the problem. Paid extra for next day and it isn't next day. Didn't get it for up to a week later in one case.

As mentioned before, it seems courier or special delivery stuff is just not posted the same day, despite what is claimed on their web site. More than that they seem to sometimes need prodding to get it out the door. Once it's on the way it's fine, but would be nice to know when it's sent, or just be honest on the web site about expected delivery times.

Problem I have is I'm generally on the bike every weekend and have little time during the week, which limits the time I can spend working out what I need to order if there are decisions to be made, especially if I need to be placing an order on Monday to have a hope of getting it by the weekend for a ride.
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Thing is we all strive for top quality components at bargain prices...and so does everyone else out there..CRC is the biggest on line retailer trying to offer the best prices. Their sale prices although sometimes not the cheapest are good value, so imagine the number of orders etc..I know this is no defence towards them...I have ordered in the past and they have given me an impecable service..though I must say at sale time it does drop due to the shear volume of orders......I kinda understand that...
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • deadkenny wrote:
    north-sure wrote:
    And that really is the problem. Paid extra for next day and it isn't next day. Didn't get it for up to a week later in one case.

And that's where you have every right to care. I would be pissed off too if i had paid for it to be delivered sooner. I was kind of directing it at the people who seemed to be complining that they were slow when they were getting free delivery.

As mentioned before, it seems courier or special delivery stuff is just not posted the same day, despite what is claimed on their web site. More than that they seem to sometimes need prodding to get it out the door. Once it's on the way it's fine, but would be nice to know when it's sent, or just be honest on the web site about expected delivery times.

Problem I have is I'm generally on the bike every weekend and have little time during the week, which limits the time I can spend working out what I need to order if there are decisions to be made, especially if I need to be placing an order on Monday to have a hope of getting it by the weekend for a ride.

Agreed, that aspect of it needs to be sorted as it seems to be a reoccuring problem and not an isolated incident. On the otherhand i have always received an email telling me it had been dispatched, but that is just my experience.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I ordered a 1070 cassette on Tuesday at 2.30 as I fancied trying some different ratios. Wasn't fussed if it took a week to arrive. It was delivered at 10.30 the following morning.

That's excellent service.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • griffsters
    griffsters Posts: 490
    My first slightly iffy order from them...

Ordered Monday 3 in stock items and still processing. Will give them a call today i think. Normally they are pretty damn quick to be fair.
  • Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    My last order took 10 days to arrive even though the parts were in stock. Placed another order on Tuesday this week and it's still processing, again all parts in stock. :(
  • Anonymous
    north-sure wrote:
    And that's where you have every right to care. I would be pissed off too if i had paid for it to be delivered sooner. I was kind of directing it at the people who seemed to be complining that they were slow when they were getting free delivery.
    Even with free delivery they do promise to get it out the door the same day if you order early enough. The problem is they aren't doing what they promise.
  • griffsters
    griffsters Posts: 490
    Griffsters wrote:
    My first slightly iffy order from them...

Ordered Monday 3 in stock items and still processing. Will give them a call today i think. Normally they are pretty damn quick to be fair.

Phone lines closed today, me thinks they must be very very busy indeed.
  • I ordered a £6 order on Monday and mine's just gone to complete. Must be very busy and perhaps staff on holidays?
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    First order out of last 5 to actually arrive as indicated, ie next day! but confirmation email arrived nearly same time as parcel! still a bit random therefore..... :o
    By comparison Wioggle , ordered some running shoes 8am, confirmation email by midday probably get them tomorrow :D
  • First time crc customer here and i have a question. I made an order monday night and today (thursday) all it will tell me when i view my order is:

Order Status: Processing
    This order is being processed and may not be changed online

Does this mean that the status of the order will not be changed online and that the package is possibly already shipped? or is it still being processed this long after i made the order?
  • Chris`I
    Chris`I Posts: 206
    Hmm hope I get lucky with my order. Just seen this thread and didnt realise that delivery was a bit hit and miss atm. Used them before and they were spot on so didnt hesitate ordering some replacement clear lenses for my Oakleys for winter riding. Just wait and see I guess, not in a massive rush but would have been nice to have gotten them for the weekend (ordered first thing this morning)

Agree with JamesBwmb WRT Wiggle, have been ordering a few random bits and bobs this last week or so and had 3 orders with them for seperate stuff, all came through super quick, so kudos to Wiggle.
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    2010 Specialized Tricross Sport (commuter)
    2012 Boardman Road Team
  • I ordered some new tyres yesterday at 11.15 with next day pre 9am guaranteed delivery. Half nine this morning gave them a ring and they said due to a backlog at the warehouse and that my packaged would be dispatched today, in fairness it has been dispatched today but it was ordered with next day delivery for a reason, just be warned :) postage cost was refunded but thats not the point :(
  • Also, it says processing until parcel has been dispatched and is on its way to the customer.