CRC....

Comments

• -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    I understand TBC's comments.

I think to many people are thinking, "woaah there, its only a few days"...

Unfortunately for them and fortunately for us, all these online bike stores are pretty cut throat in their competitiveness of prices and service. Most of them are massively quick with their turnaround and all pretty much of a muchness if you look at prices so if one of them starts to slip up on those two key areas then people like us will talk about it and they will begin to lose their good rep.

Their problem is, that I've lots of choice so perhaps I'll go elsewhere, perhaps lots of people will begin to go elsewhere, its no skin off our noses. Its their business.

I recently had to wait 4 or 5 days for a seatclamp and also a month or so prior to that, I waited 3 weeks, yes 3 weeks for an xt gear cable!...
  • TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    -Liam- wrote:

Unfortunately for them and fortunately for us, all these online bike stores are pretty cut throat in their competitiveness of prices and service. Most of them are massively quick with their turnaround and all pretty much of a muchness if you look at prices so if one of them starts to slip up on those two key areas then people like us will talk about it and they will begin to lose their good rep.

Their problem is, that I've lots of choice so perhaps I'll go elsewhere, perhaps lots of people will begin to go elsewhere, its no skin off our noses. Its their business.

I recently had to wait 4 or 5 days for a seatclamp and also a month or so prior to that, I waited 3 weeks, yes 3 weeks for an xt gear cable!...

cut throat on price? One of the most uncompetitive markets that I buy in! Clear price fixing.
  • streako
    streako Posts: 2,937
    Sorry to say another disappointing order from CRC. Ordered some stuff on the Tuesday, got an email to say a part of the order no longer in stock, and finally got the remainder a week and a half later.
    I have used CRC for years, usually with excellent service, so I really hope this is just a blip.
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    TowerRider wrote:
    -Liam- wrote:

cut throat on price? One of the most uncompetitive markets that I buy in! Clear price fixing.
    If we was talking about lbs's, i might be inclined to agree lol
  • 1340jas
    1340jas Posts: 217
    I have just used Merlin fot the first time. They beat everyone i had contated with their price. Not by a couple of quid but by miles. The parts arrived the following day.

Top service and price.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    You can pay for next day delivery if you want....... :roll:

I ordered some knee pads from them the other week and they turned up 2 days after I ordered. I ordered Follow Me on DVD and it arrived next day. You are still getting the product you want cheaper than your LBS - you want it now, go and pay more for it.

Paul, you're obviously missing the point here, I was comparing how things 'used to be' and 'how they are now'...

Compared to Merlin (who I have just ordered wheelset, and setapost - came next day) and wiggle... CRC are clearly shite now...

So you can give me all the :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: you want.... whatever makes you happy :roll:

Well my deliveries were all within two days in any case with no extra delivery demands but if I had wanted it NOW NOW NOW and was going to scream like a spoiled child to all my "online friends" about it when I didnt get it I would have gone to the shop and paid a bit more. So I will roll my imaginary eyes at you all I want thanks.

Whoooooooooooossssssssshhhhh [thread point flying right over]

sheepstwat.. :roll:

You are are an argumentative little webbo are you not!!

DYou must be very proud of that post - I am not missing your point at all I just happen to think its balls of the largest and highest order.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Yes, whetever dearie, now please go away. It's getting boring now.

Back to the point.

Brake levers turn up yesterday which were ordered last Wednesday as I was leaving for work. Not had an 'order shipped' email so as far as I was concerned the were still processing the order (and according to their webby they were.... )

Then recieve the prder complete email last night after they had turned up..

:lol: :?
  • Noel PT
    Noel PT Posts: 627
    To take things on a tangent, my lbs offers me the same price I get it on CRC. Its might be an option to consider, never mind the fact that I now have a good relationship with my lbs. If they cant match the price for some reason (which is not often), then I will still be incline to get it from them, purely to maintain a good relationship.

We obviously cant all do this all the time, but where possible maybe we should start supporting out local bike shops more. Good ones seem to be a dying breed. And from the looks of it CRC, look like they becoming fat cats?
  • pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    Noel PT wrote:
    To take things on a tangent, my lbs offers me the same price I get it on CRC.

Along the same lines...

Wasn't exactly a budget breaking purchase, but I needed some 9sp Shimano chain pins the other week.

My LBS done them for a quid a pin, whereas CRC want £6.99 for 5, and Merlin want £1.50 each.
    With the obvious advantage of having them in my hand, there and then, so I could finish the job.

Some things may be had cheaper locally. Always worth shopping around.
  • vengeance111
    vengeance111 Posts: 137
    Rutland cycles, item ordered at 9pm, arrived next day!

Simon
    Rutland cycles, item ordered at 5pm, still hasnt arrived after 2 months
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Rutland cycles, item ordered at 9pm, arrived next day!

Simon
    Rutland cycles, item ordered at 5pm, still hasnt arrived after 2 months

Please PM me your order number and I'll look into it for you.

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    CRC are still perfectly ok if my last few orders are anything to go by, they emailed as soon as i ordered then again a couple hrs lata to say my order was complete and had been despatched and was on its way, the next morning it all arrived as normal.

Ive ordered a new XT rear mech this morning and as usual i received the 'order received' mail then an hr ago another one saying the order was complete and was on its way to me, ive had things take a couple of days before rather than next day but thats as much to do with the royal mail than it is CRC.

Between them and Merlin all of my needs are satisfied and have absolutely no complaints with either :D
  • nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    TowerRider wrote:
    -Liam- wrote:

Do you think they speak to each other and agree prices on key products ?
    They should be reported if it was the case but always difficult to prove. Do you have any evidence ? Example of products that are litterally the same price or evidence that the price goes up or down at the same time ?
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    Ordered some bits last night...instant confirmation number and a dispatch order within less than 24 hours.

I am happy.
  • Joe_Pineapples
    Joe_Pineapples Posts: 1,718
    I've bought loads of bits from CRC over the last month and every one has had the confirmation/dispatched emails and has arrived promptly. No complaints here.

I also have to 'big up' Si Paton at Descent Gear
    Ordered bits at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon and he got them to me in Central Scotland by 9:00am the next morning. Top customer service.

http://www.descent-gear.com/
  • i waited 9 days for delivery on 48hr!!
  • Ive experienced CRC's slowing up of the delivery !

It doesent really bother me, probably because i,m too tight to pay for next day delivery so just wait for the postie to rock up with the bits and then get them fitted !

Just read the whole thread, one name that has not cropped up that i use a fair bit on certain products is WINSTANLEYS ! some of their products have been a good couple of quid cheaper than CRC, and like some one else has commented STIF, ordered confirmed and dispatched within an hour plus they have started doing FREE Delivery.............

I dropped in their new store a month ago en route to Gisburn, there were about 25 customers and 4 Members of Staff ! The best bit was the guys serving were all dedicated to serving that particular customer not bouncing from one to another, i ended up with a cup of coffee and filled up me Camel Back 8) the bloke making the brews turned out to be the Owner :oops:
    I hope he appreciated my Input,

Anyway i digress ! CRC !
    If you aint happy shop elsewhere, Lets get the godd old bike stores back in the high street !
  • Bought a number of items from CRC & Wiggle recently as getting back into mtb's after a long break, no real issues with either, can't say the same for Leisure Lakes though.
    Ordered a top last weekend, after hearing nothing and recieveing nothing for a\ week and the order saying pending I gave them a call, apparantly they can't fulfill the order until mid-september, apparantly I should have recieved an email, eh, nope! Not the 1st issue I've had with them.

Ordered it this evening from CRC and order email recieved immediately, hopefully it will arrive before the weekend.
  • magoo289
    magoo289 Posts: 223
    I ave order quite a bit of kit recently from CRC & Wiggle. All the CRC stuff arrived next day, but did notice that this was despatched from the local CRC showroom/warehouse which might explain. Though never got an email saying the order had been despatched/complete. But don't care if I do get it next day!
  • carbonfiend
    carbonfiend Posts: 475
    I use most of the stated above Wiggle, CRC & Merlin never had issue with either have to say though if I am getting free postage I would find it hard to moan if something didnt arrive next day. I used Evans recently for a couple of specialized bits and they were really good as well next day delivery and free postage.
    '..all the bad cats in the bad hats..'
  • Can I just say (again :wink: ) that CRC next day delivery takes longer that standard delivery due to the courriers.
  • tilt
    tilt Posts: 214
    Can I just say (again :wink: ) that CRC next day delivery takes longer that standard delivery due to the courriers.

Then it's down to CRC to find a new courier service.

Also, your point isn't actually correct.

The couriers (Parcel Force) for my delivery delivered next day no problem, the reason for my delay was because CRC didn't actually dispatch my goods when they were supposed to.
  • tilt wrote:
    Can I just say (again :wink: ) that CRC next day delivery takes longer that standard delivery due to the courriers.

The couriers (Parcel Force) for my delivery delivered next day no problem, the reason for my delay was because CRC didn't actually dispatch my goods when they were supposed to.
    nope... its becasue they have to arrange pickup @ crc, then arrange pickup in England and then get it delivered.

Anything going normal delivery and ordered/paid for before say 1pm is put in the post that day and will be with you at the same time or before next day stuff.
  • tilt
    tilt Posts: 214
    tilt wrote:

nope... its becasue they have to arrange pickup @ crc, then arrange pickup in England and then get it delivered.

Anything going normal delivery and ordered/paid for before say 1pm is put in the post that day and will be with you at the same time or before next day stuff.

Ah, so CRC were lying when they told me it was their fault and that their warehouse is running behind schedule?

Interesting.
  • tilt wrote:
    tilt wrote:

Ah, so CRC were lying when they told me it was their fault and that their warehouse is running behind schedule?

Interesting.

No idea... I don't work there do I! :?
    that is just from personal experience of using their next day serivce!
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    As usual the same great service from CRC for me, i ordered a new XT rear mech on monday and it was delivered tuesday morning (yesterday) just afta 10am.

Im more than happy with the service they provide especially when u take into consideration the low prices and the fact delivery is free :D
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    CRC have several pick-ups every day. Parcelforce 48 hrs takes 8 hrs to get from Ireland to Stoke-on-Trent then somehow takes 39.5 hrs to travel 25 miles down the road from Stoke to Stafford.

If CRC despatch before 3pm, Royal Mail always deliver the next day.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Yes CRC arent as good as they used to be. 3 or 4 years back they were awesome all orders placed before about midday arrived next morning. The last couple of bits I ordered took 2 and 3 days to arrive. Still good but a definite drop off from there glory days. As far as I am concerned Merlin and Superstar are the boys on delivery time at the moment.

I can beat anyones quick delivery time story. I ordered a chain off absolutecycles on ebay at about midday. Got home from work that night about 6 pm was just taking my rucksack and lid off and there was a knock on the door. It was the owner of absolutecycles with my chain turns out he lives in the same road as me and thought he would drop it off on his way home. And it was £2 cheaper than anyone else on the web.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I was in my lbs, i needed a chain, i bought it, it fit...

Beat that!
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I was in my lbs, i needed a chain, i bought it, it fit...

Beat that!

Ahh but did the shop deliver it and save you £12 off list price
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap