CRC....

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited August 2010 in MTB general
In the 'good old days' you would order something from them, immediately get an email saying order received, and at some point shortly after, you would get an 'order complete' email. Then lo and behlod, 2 days later goods would turn up.

Now I am waiting 1-2 days for the order to go from 'processing' to complete... then another 2-3 for it to turn up! What's happening???

Tch Tch CRC - I used to be able to set my watch by you!!! :cry::cry:

Comments

• joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    lol, ive been putting off buying a new helmet off of them asa result of some recent "bad" comments about CRC :(

shame, as you say, back in the olden days it usedo tarrive really quickly, and with good communication.
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Peak season and expanding business. Often happens when places go up a size, the demand can outstrip the exisiting capabilities.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • mikee1979
    mikee1979 Posts: 151
    I was about to post a similar message about this. Stuff used to be with you the next day, I was looking in an old mtb magazine and they used to advertise the fact about next day delivery, take nearly a week nowadays. I've been using Merlin, ordered nearly 3pm one day and came the next day, was'nt expecting it at all.
  • pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    mikee1979 wrote:
    I've been using Merlin, ordered nearly 3pm one day and came the next day, was'nt expecting it at all.

+1.

Almost seem like Merlin deliver BEFORE you've ordered. :lol:
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    You can pay for next day delivery if you want....... :roll:

I ordered some knee pads from them the other week and they turned up 2 days after I ordered. I ordered Follow Me on DVD and it arrived next day. You are still getting the product you want cheaper than your LBS - you want it now, go and pay more for it.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • mikee1979
    Merlin is also free delivery, another bonus.
  • pte1643
    mikee1979 wrote:
    Merlin is also free delivery, another bonus.

So is CRC, and a host of others.
  • mikee1979
    I know, but you don't have to pay for next day delivery, Merlin is free next day delivery.
    [/quote]
  • pte1643
    Ah, I get ya. :wink:
  • tilt
    tilt Posts: 214

You can indeed, which makes it even more frustrating when they still don't arrive on time.

Last Thursday I placed an order for in stock items, before the stated cut-off and paid for next day before 1pm. They didn't even dispatch them.

Their response to me was:

We are very sorry for the delays with your recent order.

We have been having work carried out in our warehouse over the past few weeks and it has been causing delays while try to get everything back on track.

Had I known this in advance I would have ordered elsewhere, but despite having two different means of contacting me (mobile and email) they didn't. It was only at 12:30 on the Friday when I got in touch with them that I found out about the delay.

They are refunding the postage at least, but I'm not too impressed with the way my order was handled.
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    CRC Always tend to come through for me and bits arrive the next day. The other week i ordered at 11am and the bits were with me using free delivery by 10am the next day. Wiggle however only seem to be as fast is you pay the £3.99 for priority dispatch. Merlin are very good and tough to beat though.
  • The Big Cheese

I ordered some knee pads from them the other week and they turned up 2 days after I ordered. I ordered Follow Me on DVD and it arrived next day. You are still getting the product you want cheaper than your LBS - you want it now, go and pay more for it.

Paul, you're obviously missing the point here, I was comparing how things 'used to be' and 'how they are now'...

Compared to Merlin (who I have just ordered wheelset, and setapost - came next day) and wiggle... CRC are clearly shite now...

So you can give me all the :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: you want.... whatever makes you happy :roll:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    In the 'good old days' you would order something from them, immediately get an email saying order received, and at some point shortly after, you would get an 'order complete' email. Then lo and behlod, 2 days later goods would turn up.

Now I am waiting 1-2 days for the order to go from 'processing' to complete... then another 2-3 for it to turn up! What's happening???

Tch Tch CRC - I used to be able to set my watch by you!!! :cry::cry:
    same thing is happening to me. but i'd rather stick to them as they are near enough unbeatable on prices
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Rutland cycles, item ordered at 9pm, arrived next day!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • freddiegrubb
    freddiegrubb Posts: 448
    :oops: I always thought CRC were ok. till my last order, (torque wrench)., they advertised out of stock & I asked for stock alert. E-mail alert eventually arrived & wrench ordered - no wrench arrived, contacted them & told delivery in 5 weeks time. Now this is the daft part - anticipating the arrival of my wrench I did a job on my bike which reqd. torqueing & no wrench, I couldn't borrow one & I didn't want to grovel to my LBS. so 4lb. of wild bird seed on the end of an 11 inch stick = approx. 5nm., job done. So crc. you can still send my wrench as I will need it in the future ( I've started to use the bird seed!!) I could have rode in the 59 TDF. but I had my paper round to do !!!! shame
  • TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    Not just me then, posted last week re non delivered order. Fair to accept that Royal Mail has lost it, wasn't given dispatch email for two days which in todays business model isn't really ideal. Anyway refunds process is nonsense - say have to wait 15 days re Royal Mail state lost. I didn't buy from Royal Mail!
    Doubt I will use again (not cheapest) unless it is an item only they stock....
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Well i placed an order 11pm tuesday evening, got the usual automatic confirmation email from them saying the order had been placed. 3pm the next day and no dispatch, checked all my previous emails from them and they'd all been dispatched/updated mid afternoon. Got the email through a few minutes later, 9am on thursday morning postie arrives with a parcel.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068

Paul, you're obviously missing the point here, I was comparing how things 'used to be' and 'how they are now'...

Compared to Merlin (who I have just ordered wheelset, and setapost - came next day) and wiggle... CRC are clearly shite now...

So you can give me all the :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: you want.... whatever makes you happy :roll:

Well my deliveries were all within two days in any case with no extra delivery demands but if I had wanted it NOW NOW NOW and was going to scream like a spoiled child to all my "online friends" about it when I didnt get it I would have gone to the shop and paid a bit more. So I will roll my imaginary eyes at you all I want thanks.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • gbrnole
    gbrnole Posts: 395
    Yes CRC have been crap for me lately, ordered at 9am one day and it wasnt despatched til the following day, this has been going on since around feb. I use to be able to get away with ordering at ~3pm and itd be despatched shortly after and arrive next day.

Ordered from Stif today at 4pm, despatch email sent at 4.30pm - nice change from the CRC BS lately.

Merlin, yes they rock, great service.
    Ibis Mojo SL-r
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I thought it was common knowledge by now that CRC's next day thing is totally arse above tit.
    Don't pay for next day delivery = get it next day
    pay the optional extra charge for next day delivery = get it in about 2-4 days!

Been like that for some time, curiously.
  • I know for a fact that crc are in the middle of installing a new picking system at the moment. But i think that because of the growth of the company it makes it more difficult to get the stuff out on time. They currently have 2 shifts picking the stuff,6-2 and 2-10 Kinda glad i only live a mile up the road,pick the stuff online then go into the shop and buy over the counter.
  • The Big Cheese

Well my deliveries were all within two days in any case with no extra delivery demands but if I had wanted it NOW NOW NOW and was going to scream like a spoiled child to all my "online friends" about it when I didnt get it I would have gone to the shop and paid a bit more. So I will roll my imaginary eyes at you all I want thanks.

Whoooooooooooossssssssshhhhh [thread point flying right over]

sheepstwat.. :roll:

You are are an argumentative little webbo are you not!!
  • MarkLG
    MarkLG Posts: 189
    I've ordered a fair amount of stuff from them lately and I've noticed it often takes a day longer to arrive than it did in the past, but does it really matter??
    Nobody else has anything like the range of stock that CRC keep, their prices are usually the cheapest and delivery is free.
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    No, CRC not as good as they used to be. Ordered tyres, lube and camera mounts on Wednesday as planned a ride in Wales that weekend, items arrived the next Tuesday, and tyres on Friday. WTF?
    As a customer I don't care abut their shifts or inability to work as efficient as they state on their advert, seems to me smaller companies can cope fine, and a pleasure to have business with.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • The Big Cheese
    OK.

Obviously some people are missing the point of this thread.

In the past, I could order something Wed and it would arrive Friday. (3 days all in) so if I was planning a ride on Saturday, I could rest assured that my kit would be here.

Working in the City, rarely taking a lunch break means I cannot always 'get to a shop' to by kit. Hence why I use CRC/Wiggle/Merlin etc. Not because I cannot afford to get it elsewhere etc, but because of the convenience, I could also make sure that someone was at home to recieve goods (the other (ex) half)

Now there is no rhyme nor reason to their methods. I have done the next day delivery option, and did it arrive next day? No it didnt.....

THe point is that for whatever reason, they have slipped, and yes, as a customer I dont care why, the service MUST always stay the same, no matter what internal changes are being made to the company...

My clients wouldnt be pleased if I missed a deadline because 'we're extra busy' and Frank from Research was off sick, clients dont care
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i have been lucky with crc and have had quick service, i prefer them for their prices compared to the other online retailers but i like merlins speed and prices too.

i recently used ukbikestore and the were really good, had some relatively obscure spare parts for my race face cranks and deliverred them quickly, will definately use them again.
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    Wiggle never come through for me. I pay the extra for priority dispatch and nothing ever arrives the next day. CRC always seem great, luck of the draw i guess.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I never pay the extra to Wiggle, free delivery always comes next day :?
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    I ordered some stuff from CRC yesterday morning, got it today, can't say fairer than that :D
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    gbrnole wrote:
    Yes CRC have been crap for me lately, ordered at 9am one day and it wasnt despatched til the following day, this has been going on since around feb. I use to be able to get away with ordering at ~3pm and itd be despatched shortly after and arrive next day.

Ordered from Stif today at 4pm, despatch email sent at 4.30pm - nice change from the CRC BS lately.

Merlin, yes they rock, great service.

Yes but Stif are a single fairly small shop. And everytime i've ever been in there the number of staff have outnumbered the number of customers in the shop, totally different business model.
    The thing i don't like about Merlin is they send out OEM stuff without telling you that's what your buying. Of the 2 times i've ordered from Merlin, one was OEM without telling me, the other was advertised as a hlemt that was from the previous year, when it turned up it clearly wasn't, and from a bit of digging around i found it was over 5 years old. They were good about it, refunded postage and my return postage but still not great.

Never had a problem really with any online bike shops in regard to postage times, and i've used LOADS of different ones (lexs, UKbikestore, discountcyclesdirect, CRC, Wiggle, Evans....)