CRC....

Comments

• PXR5
    PXR5 Posts: 203
    Recently ordered stuff from both CRC and Petracycles, Tools, Rotors, Pads etc, nothing too large - all delivered within 5 working days max, can't complain....
    Every time I go out, I think I'm being checked out, faceless people watching on a TV screen.....
  • TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    tilt wrote:
    Can I just say (again :wink: ) that CRC next day delivery takes longer that standard delivery due to the courriers.

Then it's down to CRC to find a new courier service.

Also, your point isn't actually correct.

The couriers (Parcel Force) for my delivery delivered next day no problem, the reason for my delay was because CRC didn't actually dispatch my goods when they were supposed to.
    nope... its becasue they have to arrange pickup @ crc, then arrange pickup in England and then get it delivered.

Anything going normal delivery and ordered/paid for before say 1pm is put in the post that day and will be with you at the same time or before next day stuff.
    You are stating that as if it is fact and it isn't!

• Ordered it this evening from CRC and order email recieved immediately, hopefully it will arrive before the weekend.

Just to update.

Ordered late Monday (9pm ish) and delivered this morning.
  • little wiser
    little wiser Posts: 662
    Ordered wednesday night and turned up tuesday :roll: .
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    Hmm, I ordered recently and it took 2 days to come, maybe I've been lucky but never had any issues with them.
    Craig Rogers
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    I order some stuff from CRC last night/this morning and to my pleasant suprise have already got as dispatch notification, I ordered some stuff last thursday night and got it on saturday, the dispatch email came on monday :roll: Good going recently :)
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Maybe, just maybe, someone has noted this thread and some thumbs have been removed from ars es...

I don't think the general consensus was that crc are just rubbish, just that standards had slipped slightly over what must be a very busy period for them.
  • Bikehawk
    Bikehawk Posts: 102
    Happened to be up that way at the start of the year and found the staff on the sales counter very helpful. Was somewhat amused though to receive confirmation and dispatch emails for the stuff I bought in the shop. :wink: :P
  • little wiser
    little wiser Posts: 662
    -Liam- wrote:
    Maybe, just maybe, someone has noted this thread and some thumbs have been removed from ars es...

I don't think the general consensus was that crc are just rubbish, just that standards had slipped slightly over what must be a very busy period for them.

+1
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    yeah, they are still a good business, they have to deal with so many orders a day with it being peak season and I'm sure they'll be back to normall once rain starts to really fall again, and people forget about biking (noob bikers)
  • Anonymous
    Last two orders from CRC and both times no notification email, paid for next day and it hadn't even shipped. Each time I had to email them to get it to ship and it took a while, then the notification email turned up several days after they arrived. Okay first time was blamed on the volcano.

I don't mind if it's going to take 5 or 10 days, but I just need to know how long it will be. If I need something in the next couple of days I need a next day or near service and if CRC can't deliver that I will look elsewhere. If CRC are upfront about their delivery times, then I'd be happy to order from them if I'm not in a hurry.

It's like DVDs and CDs. No rush - Play. Next day - Amazon.

Oh, and as I was told elsewhere, CRC ship standard post same day (if ordered early enough), but next day isn't shipped same day. So what's the point of next day delivery when it clearly isn't!

Sadly I've been finding it difficult to get a good next day service for bike parts.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    With the sale on now, I'll be interested to see how long it takes them to deliver my frame and other bits I just ordered.

Tbh though, it's free, so as long as it's under a week, I'll be very happy.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    With the sale on now, I'll be interested to see how long it takes them to deliver my frame and other bits I just ordered.

true. there are some ubeliveable bargains on atm
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    deadkenny wrote:
    Sadly I've been finding it difficult to get a good next day service for bike parts.

I always use Wiggle for next day, interestly enough, I don't normally pay for the faster delivery, just have the free one.

Most times, it has come next day! :P

On the one occasion I did pay for the quicker delivery, it took longer!.? :lol:
    Craig Rogers
  • 2 recent orders both arrived next day. Last order was Thursday (tubes and power links) and arrived Friday.
  • Anonymous

so long as it gets built in under 2 weeks you can start a WIP thread.
  • With the sale on now, I'll be interested to see how long it takes them to deliver my frame and other bits I just ordered.

so long as it gets built in under 2 weeks you can start a WIP thread.

lol. I'll pass. Hopefully, it'll be all finished by the end of the week anyway.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Ordered pedals on Tuesday last at about 4pm, confirmation email about 5pm, Despatch email about midday Wednesday, parcal 10am Thursday. No complaints as ever.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    CRC definitely declining in my experiences :( , no rorder has come within a day as it used too, no email confiramtion on 2 of 3 previous and order then came after 2 -3 days. Offering FREE 1st Class delivery yet Wiggle and Merlin and Cyclestore all have delivered next day with no extra postage charges (ie free postage), so CRC can`t put any blame on postal service.

Top marks to Cyclestore, ordered some shoes midday, arrived free P&P next morning, excellent :D
  • clint29
    clint29 Posts: 224
    I've never had a problem with CRC, Wiggle or Merlin. Do you think the other stores would offer as good a service if they had the same amount of custom as CRC?
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    JamesBwmb wrote:
    CRC definitely declining in my experiences :( , no rorder has come within a day as it used too, no email confiramtion on 2 of 3 previous and order then came after 2 -3 days. Offering FREE 1st Class delivery yet Wiggle and Merlin and Cyclestore all have delivered next day with no extra postage charges (ie free postage), so CRC can`t put any blame on postal service.

Still a perfectly respectable service though. 2-3 days delivery isn't fast but since when is it slow?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    2-3 days is fine if that's what they say. Problem is when they say items are in stock and if you order before a particular time they'll ship same day. You then have a reasonable hope for RM to deliver the next day, if not the day after. So 1 to 2 days.

However instead you hear nothing and then have to email them and find out they haven't shipped when they promised. Worse if you pay for next day they don't ship the same day!

I just expect companies to give a good estimate of delivery and ship when they say they will, or keep you up to date if there are delays.

There are far worse though. Companies that don't tell you if an item is in stock, or say it is and then it turns out it's not and it's 4 weeks before they get them in, etc.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    They would do better to put a note in the order process warning of temporary glitches (if that is what they are); better for their business to have customers with realistic expectations than to end up disappointed.
  • 13baz
    13baz Posts: 52
    Placed an order on Saturday night. Given a Monday dispatch date got an e-mail confirming the order had been dispatched and my forks ( last years talas at over £400 off rrp ) arrived before 10 this morning.
    Great value and service in my book !!
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Northwind wrote:
    JamesBwmb wrote:

Still a perfectly respectable service though. 2-3 days delivery isn't fast but since when is it slow?

Point is though the expectation is that item should arrive by next day!
    Agree 2-3 days OK but it`s not, from what I understand, is being offered. + other Co, seem to do a lot better
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I can only say that the lads at CRC are posting my stuff out as fast as I can order it.

I looked in our 'paper & cardboard' wheelie bin the other day and it was full of CRC boxes :)
  • griffsters
    griffsters Posts: 490
    I've made numrous orders to both CRC & Merlin recenty and both have been faultless so far! Happy customer here.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    CRC seem to have stock issues, went to order some basic bits last night, deore rear mech, cable ferrules, both out of stock along with a few other basic bits. Ended up ordering from both CRC and Merlin.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Ordered a load of stuff on Mon PM including a new frame.

Small items were shipped yesterday by RM 1st class and arrived this morning. Frame was shipped yesterday by Parcelforce 48hr and will be here tomorrow.

All this for free. Can't complain really.
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    tilt wrote:
    You can pay for next day delivery if you want....... :roll:

You can indeed, which makes it even more frustrating when they still don't arrive on time.

Last Thursday I placed an order for in stock items, before the stated cut-off and paid for next day before 1pm. They didn't even dispatch them.

Their response to me was:

We are very sorry for the delays with your recent order.

We have been having work carried out in our warehouse over the past few weeks and it has been causing delays while try to get everything back on track.

Had I known this in advance I would have ordered elsewhere, but despite having two different means of contacting me (mobile and email) they didn't. It was only at 12:30 on the Friday when I got in touch with them that I found out about the delay.

They are refunding the postage at least, but I'm not too impressed with the way my order was handled.

TBH CRC are massive...both warehouse and website / orders so I expect the odd delay. Dont think its unreasonable seeing as postage is also free ! Its like turning up at a supermarket and expecting not to have to queue !!!