TdF Stage 17 *Spoilers*

Comments

• donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    So, how late in the ascent can Andy ride away from Contador and still get enough time? I say he needs at least 6-7 KM left when he gets a gap.
  • donrhummy
    There goes EBH out the back.
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    So much for EBH
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Plump man goes backwards on climb shocka.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    Pross wrote:
    Who was it originally said the EBH / Merckx thing? It's my first season back watching in a while and EBH was a new name to me at last year's ToB.

well his goose is cooked now - dropped off the back of the leading group and going backwards as Sastre fell out of the back of the Peloton
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:

Explain Burghardt pls.
  • Mad Roadie
    Saxo looking very strong now the climb has started - have they got Astana mentally - or are they having a break?
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    iainf72 wrote:

Basso?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    afx237vi wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Explain Burghardt pls.

He didn't get a Powerpoint presentation this morning which has weighed him down.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    Saxo looking very strong now the climb has started - have they got Astana mentally - or are they having a break?

Or are Astana sitting there chuckling as Cancellara toils away while Navarro reads the newspaper and smokes a cigar.
  • donrhummy
    So how late do you think Andy can attack here? Halfway up?
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    afx237vi wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Who was it originally said the EBH / Merckx thing? It's my first season back watching in a while and EBH was a new name to me at last year's ToB.

Probably around the Giro last year, he was very impressive.

But if you look at his amateur / U23 record, he was Cannibal-esque. Won almost everything he entered.

Was on the cover of Pro Cycling a few months back. I thought at the time it was the most ridiculous thing they'd put out in ages and the article only served to confirm it. Haven't bought the mag since.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • donrhummy
    Good job by Fabian, but man he blew fast! :)
  • Mad Roadie
    Cancella - dropped now - a front to back very quickly - he looked so good off the front too
  • afx237vi
    They should have been doing this on the Soulor.
  • Joc
    Joc Posts: 132
    AS has got to go soon, it doesn't look like Saxo will last all that much longer on the front
  • donrhummy
    afx237vi wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Probably around the Giro last year, he was very impressive.

But if you look at his amateur / U23 record, he was Cannibal-esque. Won almost everything he entered.

Was on the cover of Pro Cycling a few months back. I thought at the time it was the most ridiculous thing they'd put out in ages and the article only served to confirm it. Haven't bought the mag since.

Really? I mean, yes, I also thought that article was ridiculous but one bad article does not taint all the fantastic articles and photographs in the mag. And while it was hyperbole, EBH is looking to be a fantastic rider at a very young age.
  • Mad Roadie
    vino is blowing too - but hardly surprising now the lead it rattling down to below 2:20 - not long now for the breakaway - what a great stage this is shaping up to be - playing into AS's hands I think now
  • afx237vi
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    vino is blowing too - but hardly surprising now the lead it rattling down to below 2:20 - not long now for the breakaway - what a great stage this is shaping up to be - playing into AS's hands I think now

Change the AS to AC and you're spot on :wink:
  • donrhummy
    Anyone see where Menchov is?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    ffs got a thunderstorm trashing my sky signal..great timing!
  • donrhummy
    Just spotted him, about 7 riders behind Contador.
  • donrhummy
    And Menchov just moved up.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Donrhummy
    Really? I mean, yes, I also thought that article was ridiculous but one bad article does not taint all the fantastic articles and photographs in the mag. And while it was hyperbole, EBH is looking to be a fantastic rider at a very young age.

It was the last straw. I've got every issue from about 2002 up to that one in the house, I keep them and love to look back over them, but for me it's gone way downhill since Jeremy Whittle left, they've kind of stopped doing the interesting interviews with lesser-known riders and it seemed that they had to ask "can you win the tour one day?" to everyone they interviewed (Martijn Maaskant? really?)

The Tour focus and trying to have the words "Lance Armstrong" on the cover every month even when he was retired ("The new Armstrong?" must've been on there 4 times in 2 years) just ground me down.

Sorry for a long irrelevent post, I just needed to share.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • donrhummy
    They're not dropping people fast enough.
  • Mad Roadie
    afx237vi wrote:
    Mad Roadie wrote:

for the stage? - I have 50p on that!
  • donrhummy
    Schleck's got maybe 3 KM before he HAS to go.
  • afx237vi
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Mad Roadie wrote:

for the stage? - I have 50p on that!

I was talking about the overall, but yeah, I think Bert will want the stage too.
  • donrhummy
    Barredo deserves most aggressive in the mountains!
  • Mad Roadie
    game on now - the big 2 hit the front