Comments

• No win for Act 1 via the English page. cost still €75

keep trying
  • in on the long one ..... use the french site thought

now doing my mate !!

WAHOO !!!!! :o
  • AlunP
    AlunP Posts: 106
    In for both. Not surprising that the site is busy. Despite the lockouts (I had several browsers running) its still a damn site better than the velo mag system which gave les rosbifs virtuually no chance of paying the same as les francais.

better do some training now.....
  • boondog
    boondog Posts: 205
    I'm in ... happy days. My company blocks all sport sites, so I kind of had a back route though a different software package, that was block it from working as well but didn't tell me. Found a mate here with a laptop, and now I'm entered.
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Entered both, cheaper than entering one last year. the Letape du tour BOGOF.
  • Got m,y mate in too ... seems to be a damn site better site once it calmed down
  • Well I got in and just recieved a reciept for the CC transaction so thats it My first etape ( only doing act 1 but I have to start somewhere )

Can't wait !!!!!
  • good luck haasad,

my first time too, but having spent last summer in the alps thought I would visit a part of France new to me this time ... 208Km;s though !! eek
  • I'm in for Acte II thanks to my wife as I was airborne at the time.
    Camp site pitch organised too!
  • I also have just signed up for my first Etape, probably the shortest ever so seemed a good one to do. I found the registration very easy less than 5 minutes from starting to complete the form and receiving confirmation email. Just have to figure out how I get back to Modane to collect my car after the finish! any ideas?
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Any suggestions for accommodation (hostels, campsites)? All seem to have been bagged already.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    really want to enter this but can't get hold of my mate until a few weeks to see if they are available. Anyone know how long the online entry will be available for or have I already missed out ?
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Both Act I and II are showing a price of Euro 95 when you go onto the website. So at the very least the first 3,000 slots for each event have been sold.
  • Any suggestions for accommodation (hostels, campsites)? All seem to have been bagged already.

Take a look at the eurocamp website and search Alps-France. They still have availability at Bourg d'Oisans (and others). When it says "tent" it is one already there pre-pitched. this is where I am staying for the Marmotte.

If you can get a group of 6 will cost £45 each for 3 night stay.
  • etape 2011 acte 2 issoire to st flour july 17 th,
    5 or 7 day holiday package, a few places left, but hurry, nearly all info you need is on webpage.

http://etape-du-tour-2011.blogspot.com
  • We've got entries to the Modane to Alpe D'huez Etape but are struggling to find accommodation near Modane.

Looks like we're going to have to travel into Modane for the start. Anybody know what time in the morning the start is of the Etape ?
    Trainee BC level 2 coach ... and that's offical (30th June 2013)

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Quest carbon circa 1994 - winter bike
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • Anybody know what time in the morning the start is of the Etape ?

you normally have to be in the start pens for 6am
  • you normally have to be in the start pens for 6am

Looks like we're in for an early start then .. oh goody !!!

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • I did this years and i was in the pen for 6:50. It was the last pen so I wasn't in any danger of not starting on time and my hotel was just round the corner which was nice, didn't allow any time to get nervous. Although this years alps etape is too short to get nervous about, will there be a broomwagon at all?
  • make sure you set your alarm clock nice n early
  • With a 06.00 start even an old fart like myself should be finishing in time for a good lunch!
  • I was wondering (hoping) that as it's a short one this year they'll be starting later, especially as it looks like we're going to have a drive to get to the start.

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • Fogliettaz wrote:
    With a 06.00 start even an old fart like myself should be finishing in time for a good lunch!

With a 6 o'clock start you'll be in for a late breakfast. I reckon 8 o'clock this year, otherwise people are going to be arriving at 11:30 thinking - Jeeze, I've just spunked £xxxx on that?

Assuming they set a 19kmh average (might even be higher given short distance) the cut off will be 5hours 41 minutes. Assume 23 for silver, 4 hours 41 minutes. 26 for gold 4 hours 9 minutes.

This year's Alpine etape might well be the one that permanently blows the event's credibility.
  • With a 6 o'clock start you'll be in for a late breakfast. I reckon 8 o'clock this year, otherwise people are going to be arriving at 11:30 thinking - Jeeze, I've just spunked £xxxx on that?

Assuming they set a 19kmh average (might even be higher given short distance) the cut off will be 5hours 41 minutes. Assume 23 for silver, 4 hours 41 minutes. 26 for gold 4 hours 9 minutes.

This year's Alpine etape might well be the one that permanently blows the event's credibility.

Thats the main reason I'm doing it this year a distance I can handle with a property nearby! and in 5 years everyone will have forgotten its a short stage :wink:
  • Managed to find accommodation in Modane for the Etape :-) Can't believe our luck.

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • Fogliettaz wrote:
    I also have just signed up for my first Etape, probably the shortest ever so seemed a good one to do. I found the registration very easy less than 5 minutes from starting to complete the form and receiving confirmation email. Just have to figure out how I get back to Modane to collect my car after the finish! any ideas?

Same here, we have entered but need to sort out 'how to do the logistics'. Plan is a weeks holiday in campervan. But problem is getting from the finish back to Modane.

Any ideas?
  • ianmac84 wrote:
    Fogliettaz wrote:
    I also have just signed up for my first Etape, probably the shortest ever so seemed a good one to do. I found the registration very easy less than 5 minutes from starting to complete the form and receiving confirmation email. Just have to figure out how I get back to Modane to collect my car after the finish! any ideas?

Same here, we have entered but need to sort out 'how to do the logistics'. Plan is a weeks holiday in campervan. But problem is getting from the finish back to Modane.

Any ideas?

Rent a car for a couple of days and leave it at the finish.
  • Same here, we have entered but need to sort out 'how to do the logistics'. Plan is a weeks holiday in campervan. But problem is getting from the finish back to Modane.

We looked at doing this. Our plan was to drive to Lyon pick up the camper - this would give us 2 vehicles. The day before the Etape we were planning on driving to the finish (from Modane) leaving the car and then getting the ASO transfer coach back to Modane. This is a service that ASO lay on that you pay 12 euros for when you register (I happened to stumble on this whilst browsing round the Etape website).

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • I plan to stay in my place in Ste Foy for 3-4 days to get used to the altitude but then do I,

1) Drive over on Sunday register, drive back and drive over early Monday morning? this leaves me with the problem of getting back to Modane.

2) Drive over on Sunday, register, put a tent up in the campsite, drive to Alpe d'Huez, catch the shuttle back and camp the night in Modane, this means I can drive directly back to Modane, pack up the tent and back to Ste Foy for a good nights sleep.

Option 2 sounds favourite.
  • Is there secure bicycle parking in Modane for the Sunday during the day and night?

Alan Chaffee - good idea, I will look in to it.

Fogliettaz - Option 2 is a good idea too, any excuse to use my mountain marathon tent...