Silly Commuter Hill Climbs

123457»

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    rjsterry wrote:
    Just spotted that Germain Burton has just won this year's Bec CC Hill Climb up White Lane, with a time of 1:45.3.

He's 15 years old.

:shock:

Chapeau, young sir!

1. Youthful energy
    2. Lack of weight, I suspect he probably weighs as much as my bike!

Excellent ride tho!

A little more than youthful energy to beat the field that entered.

Dan Fleeman was 3rd and there were 4 of the Rapha-Condor-Sharp team, 3 Raleigh Cycles team members and a few from Corley Cycles.

I'd bet he'll be in the BC development squad next year and provisionally signed with Sky.

Exceptional talent.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Cheers Gazza! I looked at the pics but assumed the guys in the team kit jersey's had brought them :shock:

Given that White Lane isn't a million miles out of London, maybe we should arrange for an SCR Hill Climb Challenge :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    That sounds like a really stupid idea.

Where do I sign up?

BTW, I recommend an early start to avoid any traffic - I met two cars coming down on my attempt.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Bit on York's Hill in today's Grauniad
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/audiosl ... mb-classic
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    dhope wrote:
    Bit on York's Hill in today's Grauniad
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/audiosl ... mb-classic

*flashbacks*
    :shock:
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Cheers Gazza! I looked at the pics but assumed the guys in the team kit jersey's had brought them :shock:

Given that White Lane isn't a million miles out of London, maybe we should arrange for an SCR Hill Climb Challenge :-)

:D Great idea! I really wanted to ride these two events, but just had too much on last weekend (and also had been riding like a sack of spanners the last couple of weeks). Would be great to give them a go though. I think I have done Yorks Hill before, I was just glad to get up without stopping so hats off to anyone who can win a race up there!