Giro stage 15 *spoiler*

Comments

• AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    34 secs back to Evans already...
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Basso and Evans doing a superb job. Vino going very well for a big guy - a serious powerhouse.

This is an admirable way to make time. Really glad to see Basso with such great form.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 43 seconds. that'd be the equivalent of a couple of minutes on a normal generic summit finish?
  • frenchfighter
    Basso is really going hard. I don't think Evans cracked, more that Basso accelerated and has held it. Scarponi hasn't caught him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Can't beat a bit of redemption!

Can't help but think that Simoni won't be smilingor shaking hishand though David, renowned good loser that he is...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    Imagine what it feels like to stop pedalling after that effort!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Yes Sastre
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Oh nice one Martin. Pinnoti major good ride for him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Sastreeee! What an effort.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Considering how poor Basso's form was going into the Giro, a supremely impressive display today.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Tuesday's TT hopefully will be as good.
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    Well done Basso, that was a great ride!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That was grand!!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Basso up to 3rd @ 3'33".

Spectacular scenes in the final k.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    StefanP wrote:
    Gazzetta.it are hosting every stage live it normally starts around 1/3 of the way through the stage.

I'd like to see Sastre do well, but honestly, I doubt he will :O

Thanks for that! I watched on there - thought after years of studying that I knew a bit of Italian - but I could hardly understand any! :? At least I could look at the pictures :D
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    edited May 2010
    afx237vi wrote:

Spectacular scenes in the final k.

Yep, looked amazing with the crowds up the top!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Gibo looked like he'd at least enjoyed himself. I'll wager her hardly had to pedal after he got dropped!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,867
    Can't beat a bit of redemption!

Can't help but think that Simoni won't be smilingor shaking hishand though David, renowned good loser that he is...

such is life

pretty clear LIQ are the only team left who can dictate the race

good stage
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • afx237vi
    Who are the guys with the feathers in their hats? Always see em in the Giro mountain finishes... some kind of Alpine police dudes?
  • mididoctors
    afx237vi wrote:
    Who are the guys with the feathers in their hats? Always see em in the Giro mountain finishes... some kind of Alpine police dudes?
    alpini

wki fu it

eye talian mountain corps
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • afx237vi
    Ahh, cool.

The Alpini, (English: the Alpines), are the elite mountain warfare soldiers of the Italian Army. They are currently organized in two operational brigades, which are subordinated to the Alpini Corps Command. The singular is Alpino (Alpine).

Watching cycling on telly is edumucational.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Evans seemed to be pushing too big a gear on some sections...think Basso spun an easier gear...cadence difference was evident when they were together and when Evans let go
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Just plain awesome.
    Image of the day:
    Picture+65.png

Has Iain popped open the champagne yet? :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2010
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Evans seemed to be pushing too big a gear on some sections...think Basso spun an easier gear...cadence difference was evident when they were together and when Evans let go

Question: how do you get up the Zoncalan?

Answer: any bl00dy way you can
  • mididoctors

Has Iain popped open the champagne yet? :P

he called it

looks like he was right about Basso coming good in the third
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    Did Evans' @rse touch his saddle at all in the last 9 kms? He always seemed to out of it, swinging the bike from side to side. He must have the strongest legs (and arms) on earth...
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    Sky plus recording finished as basso and evans were 5 k to go....

damn it (i said worse at the time!)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Arroyo and Porte
    Basso +3'33 (0)
    Sastre +4'21 (+48")
    Evans +4'43 (+1'10")
    Vino +5'51 (+2'18")
    Nibali +6'07 (+2'34")
    Scarponi +6'35 (+3'02")
    Cunego +9'19 (+5'46")

Those gaps now look quite small.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Dave_1 wrote:

same way u get get up any frickin hill dr...choose the most suitable gears...you go back and review dr
  • mididoctors
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

same way u get get up any frickin hill dr...choose the most suitable gears...you go back and review dr

I'm sure your right