Floyd -- he wrote us a letter...

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,794
    Thor on his pal, Lance:
    http://www.fvn.no/sport/sykkel/article766259.ece

"But there's probably something that is about to uncover in Italy, so we'll wait and see what it is, "said Hushovd.

is someone about to train wreck the giro....
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Thor on his pal, Lance:

"But there's probably something that is about to uncover in Italy, so we'll wait and see what it is, "said Hushovd.

"Pippo Pozzato - I've reached my verdict"
    god.jpg
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Thor on his pal, Lance:

He might just be referring to the Lampre investigation???? Might not necessarily be the Giro.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Timoid. wrote:
    bipedal wrote:
    This statement from Garmin seems ominous for LA and JB:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/garmin- ... stigations

It practically sets up DZ to spill his guts, which would obviously greatly add to the veracity of FL's allegations

That's really really positve. Garmin's attitude to pushing for a cleaner sport is the model all other teams should take.

I just hope CVV and DZ are given an amnesty for past discretions.

I agree. And it also goes to show that we should wait and see what the actions are of those closely involved. Their first priority is not to come out with some soundbite just to keep cranks on the internet happy.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    LangerDan wrote:
    Thor on his pal, Lance:

"Pippo Pozzato - I've reached my verdict"
    god.jpg

Buala bos!
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Timoid. wrote:
    LangerDan wrote:
    Thor on his pal, Lance:

Buala bos!

Ghoid mé an inspioráid o CN :oops:
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • timoid.
    Bhí sé ar fheabhas ar aon nós.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Dave_1 wrote:
    LAs ex wife has already denied what landis said. My reading of the article is there is as much chance of there not being a Federal investigation as there of one being held.
    Have you a reference for that? I thought that she had simply said that she 'couldn't remember'.

Just my opinion, but I believe that Ms. LA ex is doing the smartest thing she can by saying "I don't remember". She's probably thinking "I need to be involved in this mess like I need a hole in the head." If she says yes OR no to anything or anyone all that's going to happen is she will get more "involved" and her life will slowly fill up with lawyers, investigators, and all manner of media. Don't know about any of you, but that sure doesn't sound like anything I want to have going on in my life.
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    dennisn wrote:
    Just my opinion, but I believe that Ms. LA ex is doing the smartest thing she can by saying "I don't remember". She's probably thinking "I need to be involved in this mess like I need a hole in the head." If she says yes OR no to anything or anyone all that's going to happen is she will get more "involved" and her life will slowly fill up with lawyers, investigators, and all manner of media. Don't know about any of you, but that sure doesn't sound like anything I want to have going on in my life.
    That sort of depends on whether she can live with herself for lying, especially given that she is supposed to be a fully signed up member of the God squad. Then again, no religious person I know seems to be particularly dedicated to telling the truth. :wink:
  • BikingBernie
    Dave_1 wrote:
    LAs ex wife has already denied what landis said. My reading of the article is there is as much chance of there not being a Federal investigation as there of one being held.
    P.s. we are still waiting for a reference for this. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking on the part of Dave_1. :wink:
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Timoid. wrote:

Why would these two but not Hincapie, Rubeira, Barry, Vaughters or Armstrong be treated the same?
    That sort of depends on whether she can live with herself for lying, especially given that she is supposed to be a fully signed up member of the God squad. Then again, no religious person I know seems to be particularly dedicated to telling the truth. :wink:

I think she's probably thinking about her kids and the father of their children. I'm sure of all the people she wants to believe that their father is a good man is the kids themselves, so she's hardly going to try and tarnish his rep and bring him down. Although she's her ex wife, it doesn't matter - he'll always be the father to her children, and families should stick together no matter what.

I'm not religious, but isn't there such a thing as repenting on your deathbed? She'll probably do that, if she has something to hide
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:

As for the lying part it would seem that a life filled with lawyers, investigators, and the media would be one filled with lies and lying anyway, so sort of a moot point.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Timoid. wrote:

Tá sé drochbhéasach an teanga a labhairt mícheart ;)
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Dave_1 wrote:
    P.s. we are still waiting for a reference for this. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking on the part of Dave_1. :wink:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/m ... armstrong/

She's says "I don't remember that" which is a marked difference from Dave L's denial and a subtle difference from your "couldn't remember".
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    I guess you can only remember things that a actually happen, tho I'm sure somebody will be right along to correct me.
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • timoid.
    Timoid. wrote:

Tá sé drochbhéasach an teanga a labhairt mícheart ;)

Tienes una problema con mi irlandés?
  • timoid.
    Timoid. wrote:

Why would these two but not Hincapie, Rubeira, Barry, Vaughters or Armstrong be treated the same?

Only Slipstream have talked about telling the truth and their guys have been doing the right thing for the past few years.

Vaughters can't be sanctioned because his involvement is more than eight years ago.

Barry may be a reformed character, but for how long? Perhaps he deserves leniency also.

Rubeira and Armstrong are unrepentant cheats that never gave up doping or promoted clean cycling. Armstrong in particular is guilty as he was team boss and actively encouraged his charges (no pun intended) to dope.
  • rockmount
    Timoid. wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

Only Slipstream have talked about telling the truth and their guys have been doing the right thing for the past few years.

Vaughters can't be sanctioned because his involvement is more than eight years ago.

Barry may be a reformed character, but for how long? Perhaps he deserves leniency also.

Rubeira and Armstrong are unrepentant cheats that never gave up doping or promoted clean cycling. Armstrong in particular is guilty as he was team boss and actively encouraged his charges (no pun intended) to dope.
    Why don't you testify, you seem to know all about it...
  • rapid_uphill
    rapid_uphill Posts: 841
    What about manuel beltran could he testify? he has nothing to loose.
  • dennisn
    rockmount wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

Why don't you testify, you seem to know all about it...

Gotta put a +1 on that one.
  • dennisn

Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I doubt there are too many present and former cycling people sitting around out there saying "Gee, I wish I could get involved in this."
    Everybody has SOMETHING to lose, be it good or bad.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    What did you think of today's Giro stage, Dennis and Rockmount?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dennisn

Not a clue. Been trying to follow this too much. Sadly. :oops: :oops:
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    According to the rumor madmen over at CN...

Watch the Sports Illustrated Website this weekend. Rumors are hot and heavy that a new story, with new details will be posted.

Also, people are hearing that it will be announced that LA is under investigation soon, and will be asked to return to the States.

Of course, I wouldn't hold my breath about any of this.

Just FYI.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    dennisn wrote:

Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I doubt there are too many present and former cycling people sitting around out there saying "Gee, I wish I could get involved in this."
    Everybody has SOMETHING to lose, be it good or bad.

Genuine question - do you know who Manuel Beltran is?
  • rockmount
    I thought it was a great ride by Basso (more so Nibali), making me consider eating my words. Good hang in by Arroyo ... did I pass your little test ?
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Bakunin wrote:
    According to the rumor madmen over at CN...

Watch the Sports Illustrated Website this weekend. Rumors are hot and heavy that a new story, with new details will be posted.

Also, people are hearing that it will be announced that LA is under investigation soon, and will be asked to return to the States.

Of course, I wouldn't hold my breath about any of this.

Just FYI.

I hope the rumour is true and the shack get un-invited to the tour and ceramica-flaminia get invited instead.. #justsaying
    cartoon.jpg
  • BikingBernie
    CNA: You retired at 34 in 1998 and then immediately dominated the Tour de France from 1999 as the manager. What is the secret sauce that you added to dominate for the next 12 years with Lance and then Alberto?

JB: Do you really expect me to tell you the secret sauce? Actually that sauce is public knowledge nowadays...

:lol:

http://www.cyclingnewsasia.com/features ... -bruyneel-
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Rumours continue to bounce around the forums, if not the news outlets.
    Levi and his alleged EPO supplier.
    http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=7733
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • saymush
    saymush Posts: 80
    Bernie, very naughty, hes referring to his book :)