Cavendish "two finger" signals....

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    Meanwhile Coppi was cohabitating with someone elses wife having abandoned his own wife and child.
  • rents
    rents Posts: 15
    A terrific way to show he's back. However im sure he will be heartbroken to know a group of grumpy middle aged men on a forum are appalled by his behaviour.
    Cannondale Chase
    Upgraded giant anthem
    Norco stryke
    Transitions Blindside
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    What a load of bollox. You've all got it wrong.

Cav is just letting people know that two Brits got in the top ten.

Just in the picture is Ben Swift coming 8th - everyone seems to have not noticed this. Too busy rubbishing Britains greatest ever road sprinter.
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • msw
    msw Posts: 313
    Cav is low class

Inbred

Puerile

Chav-like
    From what I have read of his drug-dealing brother it seems to run in the family...

You two are all class, aren't you. Jesus.
    "We're not holding up traffic. We are traffic."
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    1272558474761-1d47iewgsy27-798-75.jpg
    What a fool.
    Pure class :D
    Great to get some one with a bit of passion unlike the usual boring fookers :lol:
  • mrchrispy
    mrchrispy Posts: 310
    is Cav the rooney of cycling?

could be....ut probably not as I actually like him but he does have to wind his neck in a little.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    I think Cav's gesture unfortunately adds a lot of weight to what many Europeans already suspect (correctly or not) about how most Brits think and behave.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    andyp wrote:
    Meanwhile Coppi was cohabitating with someone elses wife having abandoned his own wife and child.

:lol: at using Coppi as paragon of virtue.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Mark Cavendish -- Classy individual and a brain surgeon to boot.

Why are some British pro tour riders such tools? If Wiggans, Cavendish, and Millar were on fire, I wouldn't piss on them.

Three cheers for Russell Downing though.
  • Bakunin
    P*ss turns into wee-wee?

Christ, that is as bad as Cavendish.

What kind of forum is this?
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Bakunin wrote:

Why are some British pro tour riders such tools? If Wiggans, Cavendish, and Millar were on fire, I wouldn't wee-wee on them.

Think you mean Wiggins, guess your not a surgeon either :lol:
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin wrote:

Why are some British pro tour riders such tools? If Wiggans, Cavendish, and Millar were on fire, I wouldn't wee-wee on them.

Think you mean Wiggins, guess your not a surgeon either :lol:

lol, no, just a professor.

God help us all.

Apologies to Mr. Wiggans.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    I can`t imagine Wiggins doing that, he`s far too cool. Cav`s got zero class.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    I think its funny... love the way he rubs people up the wrong way... keep it up son!
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Moomaloid wrote:
    I think its funny... love the way he rubs people up the wrong way... keep it up son!

+1

and how easy was that if he could do that at the end.

at least hes not on EPO.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276

at least hes not on EPO.
    How do you know?
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    What a load of bollox. You've all got it wrong.

Cav is just letting people know that two Brits got in the top ten.

I thought it was a symbolic celebration of the 1-2 from the British women in last week's Fleche Wallone. Cav is a big fan of Pooley and Cooke.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    antfly wrote:
    I can`t imagine Wiggins doing that .

Finishing 1st or flicking the vs ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • eskimo Joe
    eskimo Joe Posts: 764
    andyp wrote:

Where was Jeremy kyle when you needed him .

Good on Cav , he is one of the best cyclists these shores have had in a while , its good to see a brit winning .
    Is his celebration any less provocative than Mourinho's the other night .
    Suburban studs yodel better than anyone else
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Not one of his fans generally here, but I don't find this gesture any more or less offensive or stupid than El Pistolero...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    knedlicky wrote:
    I think Cav's gesture unfortunately adds a lot of weight to what many Europeans already suspect (correctly or not) about how most Brits think and behave.
    Spot on...

Unfortunately a lot of Brits just love this sort of yobbish behaviour. Just look at some of the comments on here for confirmation...
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    knedlicky wrote:
    Spot on...

Unfortunately a lot of Brits just love this sort of yobbish behaviour. Just look at some of the comments on here for confirmation...

+1 100% correct

if he did this in football he would get a 2 or 3 game ban after having to explain his actions, I cant see why similar punishments cant be introduced ?
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    knedlicky wrote:
    Spot on...

And a lot of Brits also love to think of themselves as somehow 'better' than the rest of us. Just look at some of the comments on here.
    Some people really need to get a life. With all the serious problems that the world and pro cycling as a sport face we have got all this hand wringing about a two finger gesture. Just had a look on CN forum and some tit on there wants to ban Cav for rest of the season! Nothing like an over reaction is there?
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Cav is a great sprinter and will be one of the greats, but I was always brought up to let my legs do the talking and to do so gracefully.

Unfortunately lots of younger riders look up to talents like Cav (which is great) but all he is doing is giving the impression that this sort of behaviour is acceptable, our sport will become no better than football if we are not careful.

Now if he had won then gave a press conference and gave his opinion in an articulate way then it would have had more impact, all this has done is show that Cav is immature, disrespectful and doesn't understand the impact he has on the sport or his young fans.

Cav you are the best in the world at what you do, but please think before you act.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    andyp wrote:

Which has what exactly to do with his work as a professional cyclist? Coppis commandments were solely to do with the day job. Theres a separate set of commandements to cover the private life part, IIRC.

I suppose the end result is that, as a mobile billboard, have Cavs actions been positive or negative for his sponsor. Mind you, his dentist will probably get a few phone calls.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    LangerDan wrote:

Which has what exactly to do with his work as a professional cyclist? Coppis commandments were solely to do with the day job. Theres a separate set of commandements to cover the private life part, IIRC.

It could either have nothing to do with it or everything to do with it depending on your views on moral behaviour. The point remains that on questions of moral conduct, Coppi is hardly the best example is he?

I'm reminded of the André Malraux quote, "Don't judge me on what I say, but on what I do".
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    antfly wrote:
    I can`t imagine Wiggins doing that .

Finishing 1st or flicking the vs ?

:lol: Arf :lol:
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    It's just sad...but not as sad as some of the comments on this thread.

Now if you object to that sort of behaviour you are labelled as a stiff or someone who needs to get a life.

what is wrong with saying chapeau for the performance but your reaction does you no credit?

It is just another degredation of civilised society. The barrier of what is acceptable just continues to get lower and lower.

I would question the judgment of any parent who thought that having that picture as a poster on their school age sons or daughters wall was acceptable.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    antfly wrote:

at least hes not on EPO.
    How do you know?

He hasn't won enough this year. 8)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    knedlicky wrote:

"Flicking the V's" only means something in the UK. Outside of the UK, no one knows what it means. So any Europeans (or people from anywhere else in the world) would think he was referring to something else.

The single finger salute though - is universal.