• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    gazderry wrote:
    My expenditure today

XT shadow rear mech
    and
    XT hydraulic disk brakes,
    £150 notes for the lot and surely they got to be better than the awful off/on tektrobrakes I've got at the moment.
    Bargainlicous! are they both new?
    I think you'll notice the difference in the brakes!

yeah Ribble cycles that was from, 15% off their already cheap prices if you spend over £50 and then another 7% with a voucher code, so it worked out at £60 each brake and £30 for the mech, which I didn't really need, but hey £30 for an XT shadow mech, it would be rude not to. The brakes are without rotors but I'm hoping there should be no compatibility issues as i'm already running a 160 and a 180
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    shouldnt be any issues there!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    VWSurfbum wrote:

I dunno, I'm planning on fitting them with a hammer and superglue
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    gazderry wrote:
    VWSurfbum wrote:

I dunno, I'm planning on fitting them with a hammer and superglue
    :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Looks like I've finished the month with a few quid left in the sky rocket, so instead of saving I've ordered these pimping red and white bits for the IFT :)

25687.jpg

8333.jpg

also got some of these on order:

00004892.jpg
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • trekhead
    trekhead Posts: 626
    These have now arrived, still at the LBS, but they are mine - he he :D
    trigger_large.jpg

derailleur_large.jpg

crank_large.jpg
    ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Just bought the following:
    Fibrax holders and a free pair of pads (in black)
    2957.jpg

Another spare pair of pads (in black)
    2965.jpg

And a Maxim Energy Drink can, tropical flavour (only a small one, to see if I like it)
    38013.jpg

Not that I can afford this mind, but hell, I have to buy it sooner or later ;)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • AndyBeast
    AndyBeast Posts: 179
    Just the one thing for me today, C2W voucher turned up finally so should have this

Mongoose-Tyax-Super-2010-Aluminium-Frame-XC-Mountain-Bike.jpg

for the weekend.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=K0262

Utterly bargaintastic carbon seatpost.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    4 new tyres, 2 for me, 2 for a mate

Small block 8's, which means it is now inevitable that this summer will be the wettest on record :roll:
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Shimano SLX crankset for the Cotic... ditched the Saints for these... far too much crank for the build - hopefully as good as the reviews ;)
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    maxxis minion 2.35 42a supertacky front and maxxis high roller 2.35 60a maxxpro rear
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Today, a set of KCNC skewers (in Black flavour) for the NRS. The Ti Kore ones, which were red, that have faded to a nice shade of Pink are starting to show signs of wear and battle damage. Also, the KCNC ones are a good 25g lighter... :D

Still not arrived, spoke to Burls this morning. They were very helpful, had tried to email me, but I think I'd entered my email address wrong on their site. Basically, they are somewhere on the way from Tiawan. Obviously, the volanco fiasco has had an impact here. Due to arrive immenently and will be dispatched to me soon.

Order status updated to: Diiiiiiiiiispatched! :D
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Fox Float's. 140mm travel
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Andy wrote:
    Fox Float's. 140mm travel

For what bike Andy? Bit outside your normal 80-100mm comfort zone ;)

The On-One?
  • Andy
    Of course :D
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    I'm trying to decide on some 140mm forks myself at the mo. On One have these for £300, or some Revelations from merlin for the same price. I'm aware they're both qr, but I only weigh 12st so not too fussed, and means i don't have to get a new front hub. Any suggestions?
  • Andy
    Those Foxes look hard to beat at that price
  • pair of fox attack shorts
    a pair of endura superlite waterproof shorts
    an ortlieb rack pack waterproof bag (89ltr)
    an ortlieb ultimate 5 plus handlebar bag and map case
    shimano 8 speed 11 - 32 cassette
    kmc 8 speed chain
    cable end thingys
    some squirt lube
    and a partridge in a pear tree!

all for my lejog trip in june.

the post man is gonna love me!
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Andy wrote:
    Those Foxes look hard to beat at that price

Cheers Andy, i was thinking the same thing.
  • VWsurfbum
    New chain device and new chain (actually went into a LBS and purchased over the counter :shock: )
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    The Mowa Presta valvecaps arrived from Taiwan today
    I like them..
  • Andy
    Just got my Fizik Tundra. Still waiting on the forks...
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    DHB M1 shoes. Going to try them with the M540 pedals that came with the bike.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • El Capitano
    Just ordered a Tune Carbon Fibre Stem Cap from Posh Bikes. I was after the Posh Bikes one, which is 4.6g (and £18), the Tune one is 4g and only £12.

Result! :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    chain lube and a chain ring bolt spanner sounds a bit tame in the company of such big spenders, i suddenly feel like i need a new bike, i dont of course but im feeling new-bikey....................

oh, ive just decided to buy some johnny walker black label too.
  • Anonymous
    Just ordered a Tune Carbon Fibre Stem Cap from Posh Bikes. I was after the Posh Bikes one, which is 4.6g (and £18), the Tune one is 4g and only £12.

Result! :D

oh my lord.
  • El Capitano
    chain lube and a chain ring bolt spanner sounds a bit tame in the company of such big spenders

Absolutely nothing wrong with those purchases. I'm always buying lube (some of which is for the bike chains... :oops: ) and money spent on specific bike tools is always money well spent IMO.
  • Anonymous
    i dont think i have ever run out of chain lube before, i just buy new stuff to try it out but i cant find any of my dozen half bottles anywhere, i dont remember throwing them out, maybe the wife has been tidying up.

ive found since we moved into the current house i have been buying replacement things as opposed to finding stuff i have packed away in a "safe " place.
  • I've just been and bought one of these.

Yes, I know it's probably rubbish quality, and yes, I know it'll probably fall apart the moment it's exposed to air, but still, it was £15 and I'll be using it once this year, for BR live. For riding the 5miles from my house to the ferry, and back again. Spending any more seems a bit of a waste tbh.