Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    suzyb wrote:
    awww I thought the anti part would be news of the RLJers getting run down :(

If only...

Yeah, cos wishing death/injury on others is a good thing :?:
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    jds_1981 wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

If only...

I was going to say, if a driver had said something like that there would be outrage....OUTRAGE I say!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    bails87 wrote:
    jds_1981 wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

If only...

I was going to say, if a driver had said something like that there would be outrage....OUTRAGE I say!
    Well I cycle and drive. So does that mean only half outrage or even more outrage because I cycle as well so should know better.

Or could it mean even less outrage as, being a car driver I can understand how freaked out any driver would be seeing a bike suddenly appear in front of them when their light is green.
  • bails87
    That sounds like incitement to me, expect a visit from Cameron's justice squad! :lol:
    MTB/CX

• Over 3 miles of drafting a farm tracter at between 25-26mph 8) :)

Gave me a PB of 21.2mph average on my commute that I am probably never going to beat :?
  • I made it up Ditchling Beacon on my first London to Brighton. And then sat at the top for 15 minutes waiting for the second person of the group. Was just as well I hadn't bought them an icecream when I got mine :twisted:
  • Over 3 miles of drafting a farm tracter at between 25-26mph 8) :)

Doesn't happen often but this is truly awesome. Can't express to you urban folk how great it is taking a tow from a slow moving tractor for a few miles cruising near to 30 mph, and feeling for just a brief moment what it must be like to be Fabian Cancellara.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Over 3 miles of drafting a farm tracter at between 25-26mph 8) :)

Doesn't happen often but this is truly awesome. Can't express to you urban folk how great it is taking a tow from a slow moving tractor for a few miles cruising near to 30 mph, and feeling for just a brief moment what it must be like to be Fabian Cancellara.
    Or the guy sitting behind Fabian Cancellara.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I made it up Ditchling Beacon on my first London to Brighton. And then sat at the top for 15 minutes waiting for the second person of the group. Was just as well I hadn't told them about the icecream I bought them when I got mine :twisted:

FTFY :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • I was panicking about my car service as it's bloody expensive, when I dug out a letter from Audi where they provide 2 years free servicing for the car ('cos they so badly cocked up the original sale)

So, that's getting booked... AND the car needs an MOT which is free at Audi when you buy a used car from them!

Result! :D

I think I've just saved about £400 in one go
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    You can afford it Kieran. You're paid too much anyway if you can afford a nice car and a nice bike. Mind - that's £400 on new bike bits that you didn't know you needed. Garmin anyone?

:wink:
  • this is a combined rant and anti rant, but currently more anti...

have moved offices, to a point where it isnt feasible to cycle ..massive boo! (i dont want to lose my fitness and thunder thighs!)

i am however going on a 2 week holiday from tomorrow..im sure i will tell you all about it when im back .. :D
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    But I quite like my auntie...
  • To the Specialized BG Romin SL saddle I bought several weeks ago, but only fitted today,

My darling, will you ever forgive my neglect of you? Sitting on you is like having your ass cuddled by a marshmallow kitten, yet you are as sexy as that half-Borg bint from Star Trek in a PVC catsuit one size too small.

I think - I think I love you

J
    x
  • To the Specialized BG Romin SL saddle I bought several weeks ago, but only fitted today,

My darling, will you ever forgive my neglect of you? Sitting on you is like having your ass cuddled by a marshmallow kitten, yet you are as sexy as that half-Borg bint from Star Trek in a PVC catsuit one size too small.

I think - I think I love you

J
    x

mmm 7of 9. wonder if the other 8 were as tasty.

in real life she is fairly fit too Jeri Ryan . Hmmm maybe she did knitwear or lycra. must have a google when home from work.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Not sure if this really an anti-rant, but ....

Following on from my previous rant I got a phone call this morning from his insurance company telling me he'd contacted them and admitted full liability, so their internal claim support team was on the case. The conversation went something like this:

"Sorry to hear about your accident, we're here to help you deal with your claim but you don't have to use us and can stop doing so at any time if you want to use an external company or your own solicitor".

"Errr, no, I'm sure that'll be OK"

"So Mr ... were you injured?"

"Not really just some bruising and a graze"

"Can't be too careful, we can put you in touch with a physiotherapist"

"No, I don't think thats needed right now"

"Well could we get them to send you some leaflets on exercises you can do at home to help recovery?"

"No thanks"

(they seemed to be genuinely confused that I didnt want to take them up)

"OK, If there's anything we can do for you just let us know" (i did think at this point about asking sarcastically for a couple of sexy nurses but then thought better of it, as Mrs OB wouldnt be amused)

"Thank you, thats OK"

"Ok, well if you change your mind just get in touch. We'll be sending you a £200 cheque for those annoying little out of pocket expenses and just let us know how much it costs to get the bike fixed and we'll sort it straight away. Our claim assessment team will be in touch in a couple of weeks to discuss your personal injury settlement"

Now I'm not going to be making any big claim, not in my nature... but I do wonder....
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • bails87
    OptimisticBiker
    That's what the driver's insurance company were like when I was hit, very helpful. I don't know if it made any difference that it was a company car account rather than an individual's policy (wanting to settle with minimum hassle to keep the company looking good?).
    MTB/CX

• I didn't get splatted by a private hire car today, I was coming up behind some bloke on a BSO and i knew there was this taxi on my shoulder, but he took his foot off the gas to let me past first!!!! :shock:

I gave him a big thumbs up and thanked him when i passed him in traffic later, he looked confused and happy! :D:D
  • bails87
    I took my carbon road bike off road, on slicks, last night. And it didn't melt/explode/throw me off and wheel itself to freedom. It turns out there's a pretty well surfaced towpath from the edge of town that goes for at least a couple of miles and misses out my least favourite stretch of road.

Just one more reason to switch to a CX for winter.....
    MTB/CX

• bails87 wrote:
    I took my carbon road bike off road, on slicks, last night. And it didn't melt/explode/throw me off and wheel itself to freedom. It turns out there's a pretty well surfaced towpath from the edge of town that goes for at least a couple of miles and misses out my least favourite stretch of road.

Good looking Ribble, which one is it?
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Mahoosive tailbacks today due to a randomly placed road blockage at south bit of earls court road. Slow weaving through it but it was all good. Just really nice to be able to ignore delays by being on the bike.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • bails87
    bails87 wrote:

Good looking Ribble, which one is it?

The 'old' Sportive Racing. Had it just over a year now, but only really been doing about 7 months of commuting on it.

I've only just realised I can actually do a pretty nig chunk of the ride home on the towpath, further on it's barely passable on a MTB so I can only go so far, but it'll miss out the rubbish bits of road.
    MTB/CX

• Currently at work feeling totally bummed out thinking about getting the commuter train home. Just went to get some water, stood up and notice my legs feeling quite stiff... then I remebered I came in on my bike this morning!

A mix of WTF and oh yeah! :lol:
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    not been on my bike for two weeks, an even though it was raining pretty chilly full of midgies the ride in was fantastic!

even my legs felt strong which is surprising
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Fair play to Biffa for taking my concerns seriously after a minor altercation with a bin lorry and a hedge yesterday.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    After nearly a week off the bike having suffered rather nasty guts after a pizza last friday (thanks Domino's) enjoyed the fresh legs. Amazing how much better you feel after giving them a rest! Plus a double bonus was following the lovely blonde girl with very worn lycra around PS. I know it's wrong but I don't care. :shock:

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I know I started another thread, but I don't care and will have a good anti-rant here.

A MASSIVE thank you to the customer who gave me a Raleigh 531 frame and forks because he won't have the time to build it up into a bike. When I swap the parts from my Banana fixie onto it, I will definitely visit him with some sort of alcohol (or nautical) based present.

Rum would tick both boxes.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I'm back, back on the bike. After a whole month off (Aug 6th - Sep 9th, count 'em) whilst a warranty issue was resolved, I finally got it back last night. It was hard work; left cleat needs adjusting a bit but otherwise the bike is as stunning as it ever was. Just me then, that needs to remember how I was doing this commute in close to an hour without feeling like this until a month ago. But I've got the bike back. How good is that? Yeah. It's good. It's easy to forget when the only bike I've sat on lately has been the boy's MB, and a Boris Bike in Spain.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Had to put tyres on the car. Boo.

Found some unclaimed expenses which cover 99% of the cost. Yay!. Thought I was skint!
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • About 11:00pm last night a black lad in a VW Golf pulls up alongside me at a junction and winds down his passenger window. Oh, here we go, I think, but then he only goes on to say how impressed he is with my lights and how rare it is to see a cyclist looking after their own safety. All I use at the back is a Cateye Opticube and a little flashing red on the back of my helmet, but it's good to know they are doing the job.