Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• Late start today, but I got up at the normal time. this meant I had time for a normal breakfast which was fully digested by the time I got on the bike.

I think someone put Rocket fuel in there :shock: :D

Personal Best for any run and slaughtered the previous inbound PB, and I wasn't tired when we got to work.

My mate struggled behind me, and I led the whole way in - felt just bloody great for the whole run... I need to do that more often.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Gotta love those tailwinds, eh KB? :wink: :twisted:
    Hairy-legged roadie ( FCN 4 )
    Occasional fixed ( FCN 6 )
  • Mr Sharky wrote:
    Gotta love those tailwinds, eh KB? :wink: :twisted:

It was foggy so Nuh.

:P
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7da ... ipcode=w14

Yes... clear skies and warm for the next 7 days :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Marks and Spencer.

[AndyGray]Take a bow son, take a bow[/AndyGray]

I was passed very close by one of their lorries on Friday. I sent an email with a link to the video on sunday afternoon to their head of logistics. I guessed at the email address from his name on their website.

I didn't think I'd hear anything til monday, but ten minutes later I was CCed into a message from him to two managers telling them to investigate, along with an apology. Today I got another response telling me they've investigated, he was an agency driver, but still "not up to the standards we expect" yadda yadda. The interesting part is that they've shown him the video, remembers passing a cyclist, but hadn't realised it was that close: "Whilst he believed he had given adequate clearance during the manoeuvre, on review of the video evidence he accepts that he could have given more clearance, and apologises for the incident"

They now want to " use the video footage supplied within our transport network to reinforce and highlight the need to treat cyclists with due care and respect. Live examples such as this are rarely captured and I feel this is a great opportunity to use it in a positive and pro-active way."

Seriously, I'm very pleased with that. :)
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    Excellent. Couldn't really ask for more.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    rjsterry wrote:

They could have thrown in three bean wrap and a profiterole chocolate mouse dessert.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rjsterry
    Asprilla wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

They could have thrown in three bean wrap and a profiterole chocolate mouse dessert.

I stand corrected.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Cycling in yesterday (just pre-dawn so pitch black) I enter a hamlet called West Leake, on a sharp right hand bend:

Here

I heard something fly off the bike from behind me. I wondered if it was the rear light so quickly checked and it's okay, so I carry on.

I get to East Leake and wonder how fast I'm going... where's me cycle comp gone??? :shock: Oh, fart. :?

Too late to go back and look and realising:
      a) it's a very quiet stretch and if the cycle comp is where I think it is, it'll likely still be there this evening b) my mate is cycling the same way in a hour or so, so I'll ring him and ask him to look

So, I ring my mate (Rob, you've seen him on my vids) and he says he'll happily look for me. Result! :D

Only I get a phone call and he's not coming in 'cos one of his twin sons is upset so he's working from home. :cry: He had actually popped out with a mate of his to quickly look but couldn't find it.

Then, I get another phone call later and it's Rob. He's had some spare time (wife is home looking after the kids) and he's driven out AGAIN to the village and found the computer! :shock: :D :shock: :D

What kind of friend is that????? I've got the comp on my desk right, totally unmarked and Rob even came up to my desk to drop it off!
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • This the guy who likes the seals fighting in your cycling shorts? :D
  • No - that's my other cycling mate.

He's just sent me this message: (HIS cycle comp dropped off yesterday!)
    I drew to a halt, turned around and watched as the car behind me drove squarely over it with both front and back tyres
    it still works... but is a biiiiit cracked
    And then this morning.......
    I had to negotioate a burnt out car wreck and an abandoned lorry marked with Highly explosive content whcih had fallen into a ditch
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • To the two or three kind souls who witnessed me replacing a punctured tube on the outskirts of Ippy this morning, thanks for the offers of help. It cheered me up. Not that I really needed it:was a beautiful morning, the sun coming up over the misty fields was (nearly) worth the 10 minute delay.

:-)

J.

Just re-read this. No sarcasm is implied or offered.
    Reduce your carbon footprint - ride a metal bike!
  • Everybody was nice and polite in Aldi this morning. No use of elbows or anything
  • Everybody was nice and polite in Aldi this morning. No use of elbows or anything

You know, I find that in Aldi; people will usually let you in front of them if you only have a few items. M&S, on the other hand, kill you as soon as look at you in there.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    My old commute in a previous life was 6.2mls; the target to beat was always 16 minutes with the PB being 16:37 and 16:39 some years ago when I was a younger fitter man. Out this morning for a blast I gave it another go - reset the clock at the former Maison du CiB, engage launch control and away, along the same route stopping the clocks 15:58 later and with a couple of hairy roundabouts to look back on. That was fun.
  • asprilla
    Due to heat and broken aircon I'm off home at 4. I might do a couple of laps of the park......
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • started my new job today, after 6 months off doing up the house. so that means doing the 14 mile round trip to work each day 8)
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Orders placed with Wiggle and CRC on Sunday. Orders with Wiggle and CRC processed yesterday. Goods ordered from Wiggle and CRC arrived today :D
  • CiB
    suzyb wrote:
    Orders placed with Wiggle and CRC on Sunday. Orders with Wiggle and CRC processed yesterday. Goods ordered from Wiggle and CRC arrived today :D
    Can I blame Wiggle?
  • CiB wrote:
    suzyb wrote:
    Can I blame Wiggle?

Of course! Damn them for delivering!
  • CiB
    Just discovered that for various reasons, I can commute in by bike every day next week, instead of the usual 2 days out of 5. Result.
  • asprilla
    Desktop transition as we migrate to Apple and Google; as a contractor I've just take delivery of a MacBook Air and a 3G iPad 2.

Sweet.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Asprilla wrote:
    Desktop transition as we migrate to Apple and Google; as a contractor I've just take delivery of a MacBook Air and a 3G iPad 2.

Sweet.

I would post that in the rants section if it was me
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • asprilla
    Asprilla wrote:

Sweet.

I would post that in the rants section if it was me

Getting shiny things is always a good thing.

I'm not an Applist and have never used a mac before so I might end up in rants later.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    Asprilla wrote:
    I'm not an Applist and have never used a mac before so I might end up in rants later.

Enjoy them whilst they last with the sad passing of Mr Apple they will be having some stormy times ahead.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • discovered (last night) a previously moon like cratered surface part of my route home as been resurfaced into baby butt cheeked smoothness that was pleasure to the sense.

lovely.
  • rjsterry
    Oh White Cross Street, how do I love thee?

Hog roast bap with assorted embellishments followed by a blueberry crumble tart.

Will require coffee to stay awake this afternoon.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Muffins and coffee from Pierrepoints in Goring. Always brilliant. Fantastic people that run it too.

Mmmmm. Coffee and muffins....
    FCN 3 / 4
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I didn't wear the correct clothing today so was really cold on the way out of town and almost chucked it and came home again. Glad I didn't, wasn't as cold when I stopped going downhill and I had quite an enjoyable ride.
  • internet finally working at home... wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D