Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    People that adopt a more aero position on a Boris bike. Makes my minute.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    redvee wrote:

How do you cope with it being so slow?

1354961135.png

:wink:

I'm happy with the 20Mb service from VirginMedia, I can wait a little longer for my data.

9.73mbps down on the mobile this morning :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Excellent (female) van driver this morning. Waited longer than she had too, sat way back while she did, and then overtook right over on the other side of the road. My thumbs up was received with a wave as she passed. Well done :D

Also, a mate has asked me to go round to his on the way home from work to help push a car (I presume his) onto his drive. Impromtu 6 mile extension for me :D
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    bails87 wrote:
    Also, a mate has asked me to go round to his on the way home from work to help push a car (I presume his) onto his drive. Impromtu 6 mile extension for me :D
    And an excellent opportunity to point out it doesn't take 2 people to push a broken down bike :lol:
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    getting up Box Hill, normally not a issue, even the offroad way isn't that hard work, But on Monday it was on the Commute Bike so SS with 48x16 gearing plus paniers etc.

was a lot easier than I'd of though!
  • bails87
    suzyb wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    And an excellent opportunity to point out it doesn't take 2 people to push a broken down bike :lol:

To be fair, he's got a fleet of bikes (attn retro bikers: including a Klein somethingorother), but the main part of his work is taking SEN kids to school. Not sure he'd be able to give three of them a backie at once :Wink:
    MTB/CX

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
  • yesterday it rained on my morning commute.....it was quite refreshing and spurred me on to a PB for the inward leg. Happy Days

On the way home i was faced with a brutal headwind, so I fought back hard for a 17mph average - excellent training ride, I think I actually enjoyed it!

Cant wait for some nice weather to really pound it home and get the average up!
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    bails87 wrote:
    suzyb wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

To be fair, he's got a fleet of bikes (attn retro bikers: including a Klein somethingorother), but the main part of his work is taking SEN kids to school. Not sure he'd be able to give three of them a backie at once :Wink:

He needs a Trikidoo or a rickshaw, depending on the age of said kids.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • bails87
    rjsterry wrote:
    [
    He needs a Trikidoo or a rickshaw, depending on the age of said kids.

It turns out it wasn't a work car, but a 'fun' car. A Triumph Stag, unfortunately the gearbox was seized up and it wouldn't move backwards, hence the pushing.
    MTB/CX

• hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    dhope wrote:
    People that adopt a more aero position on a Boris bike. Makes my minute.

:lol:

Whilst spinning so hard their knees are about to fly off.
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • bails87
    It pished it down this morning for the whole commute. And I actually didn't mind. I was cold for the first minute or two, but then spent the rest of the journey at a comfortable temperature in 3/4 length lycra and a short sleeved jersey and baselayer. I figured if I wore a jacket I'd be dripping with sweat rather than dripping with water.

The drivers seemed a bit worse though, obviously in a rush to get their cars out of the rain.

I just hope my stuff is vaguely dry for hometime.
    MTB/CX

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    CRC : Thank you..... had a Road Morph that was 13 months old, let me down at the side of the road on Saturday.

Sent them an email after walking back, they responded with an email and on Tuesday I had a brand new pump, sent as a good will gesture, as it was out of warranty.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    North Lanarkshire council finally cut the grass verge at Bogside roundabout. So I can once again cycle round it without fearing some driver, unable to see me on the roundabout over the grass will plough into me.

Not only that but I felt good on todays ride so carried on up the hill on the main road instead of taking the lower down junction and cycling up the less steep and shorter hill. And I still achieved an avg moving speed of 14.1mph.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Someone upgraded my 'net connection:

1385765024.png

:D 8) :D 8)

(Oh, and I had a bloody great ride home tonight - took the long loop back and spent an hour pootling down the side of the Trent out of Nottingham... just blissful)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Just to keep the good vibe going...

Coming in this morning, an artic turned left down the road I was turning right into and I got a GREAT tow off him - looked down and saw 35.1mph at one point.

My mate who was behind me at this point gave chase, got up to over 30 and was amazed to still see me pulling away :lol:

Unfortunately the artic held me up on a bend and I figured I really should wait for my mate, so dropped off the back, but Gods that was great fun while it lasted :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • bails87
    Flew, absotively posolutely FLEW into work today. :D
    Took the direct route rather than the scenic route, but it normally takes just over 50 minutes, with an average speed of about 17mph. Did it in 43 minutes with an average speed which was 19.7mph until I got to the middle of town and hit traffic, finished with a more than respectable 19.4mph average on the Cateye.

And that was with a light headwind :D
    MTB/CX

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Had an awesome commute last night it was 22C with a slight breeze.

Got into Liverpool city centre to ride along the river an super bonus - the wind was a tailwind! so for 5 miles i was being gently pushed along by the wind with the sun blazing on my face tis was a fantastic journey home

my normal commute is 5 - 6 miles depending on route but because the weather was so nice i had to take the scenic route, got home after 23 miles - 1.45hr which i thought was respectable for a lard arse like me
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Another of those fabulous commutes today. No special point or highlight; just great all the way. One more week of school and I can get on with the 4/5 day commute for the rest of the summer. Bring it on.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Had to drive in today as I have to carry a large box back with me. For the first time in ages the fuel light wasn't on. The EPO usually only puts a fiver in at a time, does my head in.
    Traffic was dull and I missed the bike. Rolling Stones on CD helped though.
  • janm399
    janm399 Posts: 132
    Another fantastic commute this morning. Slightly overcast, but the Old Brickworks climb was sublime. (Legs achy now after doing that 5 days in a row; I'm going to be lazy tomorrow!)
    Computer geek, Manchester Wheelers' member since 2006
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    First ride on the new machine at lunchtime. Absolutely superb. Chuffed to bits! :D
    FCN 3 / 4
  • janm399
    janm399 Posts: 132
    First ride on the new machine at lunchtime. Absolutely superb. Chuffed to bits! :D
    Pictures or it didn't happen ;)
    Computer geek, Manchester Wheelers' member since 2006
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    a) Mr Blue Sky on the radio this morning made up for getting up at 05:30 for the fourth day in a row
    b) Thankfully it's the last day of camera training (90 minute drive away, haven't been on the bike since Monday :evil: )
    c) Wiggle have put not 1, but 2 packets of Haribo in with my panniers!

I like Fridays.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • redvee
    DesWeller wrote:
    c) Wiggle have put not 1, but 2 packets of Haribo in with my panniers!

This is a promo running during the Tour.
  • redvee
    Had a phone call from Garmin about the repair on my 705. Apparently they can't supply the replacement item and have no date at which they can so would I like an upgrade to an Edge 800? Is the Pope Catholic, do ursines defacate in wooded areas? Apart from 2 mounts for the bikes I'm onto a winner I think.
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    Left work last night as the sky opened up, heavy rain from leaving work till when I got home but I actually quite enjoyed it. Covered in water, mud and mystery road gunk but all good. Hit my best time yet only downside was no waterproofs - my pack and top weighed a ton by the time they had finished soaking up. Good fun tho, same again tonight :P
  • Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474
    the positive feedback from the cycling proficiency assesor to my daughter about whoever taught her to ride on the road. ( that will be me )

and I bought a trackpump and wished i had bought one months ago.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • bails87
    Just got some good news regarding the C2W final payment....for a friend.
    8)
    :D
    MTB/CX

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    just gently cruised in this morning with a moderate hangover and just enjoyed my surroundings whilst listening to Super Discount on my headphones. Beautiful.