Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474
    the idiot who clipped my arm in a van back in April is now working for us on site and I have to monitor their performance. he doesn't know who I am yet - how long can i make the fun last and how cruel can i be.

doncha just love karma
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    the idiot who clipped my arm in a van back in April is now working for us on site and I have to monitor their performance. he doesn't know who I am yet - how long can i make the fun last and how cruel can i be.

doncha just love karma

Brilliant - enjoy!
  • +1 :twisted: :D :twisted:
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Totally off topic but Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup.

If you happen to see the Spoked B go by remember to say hi :D
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    A glorious ride in this morning in the pouring rain :D

Just hope my clothes are dry in time for the return journey!
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    Cafewanda wrote:
    A glorious ride in this morning in the pouring rain :D

Just hope my clothes are dry in time for the return journey!

Was just coming to post pretty much exactly the same!

It was good fun - I found myself at a set of reds, dripping from head to toe with a huge grin on my face. Think the guys in the car next to me thought I was a complete nutter. They even allowed me super-primary for a good 400m to get round the lakes in the road without so much as a beep, so got a cheery wave when they did overtake.

My pants are nearly dry now, but there's a definite damp patch on my office chair.
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Missed the rain this morning just before it pissed it down, looks like I'll miss it tonight as well :D
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    sausage and mushroom cob with brown sauce

nom nom nom

I am now alive
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,691
    Cafe Friday. Susage, egg, bacon, fried slice, beans, mushrooms all washed down with a good strong cup of tea.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,691
    Cafe was good, fancy a snooze now.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Oh for God's sake, that was just a bloody glorious ride in this morning :D

Started with a wave from a van driver 'cos I rolled forward enough to let him past at the junction at the bottom of my road (I was going left, him right)

Then a lorry driver who was turning across me (him turning right) who flashed to let me know he'd seen me and he was going to wait (okay, okay - I had right of way, but the guy took the time to let me know that I had nothing to worry about)

Then out into the countryside, the crank was spinning, no clouds, no wind at all and just bloody lovely :D

I even span out climbing up the last hill in my level road cruising gear - I literally could not go any faster up the hill, that was plain weird.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    the weather is fantastico here today, not a a sniff of a breeze an really heating up a treat......why did i come in, in the car today?!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    1st commute in to work this morning - 16miles (or 25km as I prefer saying) from Teignmouth to Exeter.

Beautiful morning, along side the river Exe, past a dear park, rabbits, cattle and sheep all knocking about, doing what they do. It's going to chuck it down by 5pm but to paraphrase Al Pacino; this commuting aint no rodeo. I'm looking forward to it the return leg.
  • Buff40
    Buff40 Posts: 19
    I have done 20 hilly miles both days this weekend,

Not because i had to, i've commuted all week, nah, just because i wanted to.

Damn it felt good, riding for the sake of it.

:wink:
    FCN 9
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Gorgeous ride in this morning, strangely quiet roads (amazing the difference leaving ten minutes earlier can have), sunny, mild, no wind.

I got a tow off a (very considerately driven) lorry too, 36.1mph on the flat! :D
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    First commute in the rain today, I got in totally soaked, pack covered in mud (despite guards), shorts soaked through and bike is now a nice shade of brown (mud!) but I loved it. Great fun, even took a scalp on the way in. Hopefully get better time on the way home :P
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Great midsummers ride this morning. A fryup at 6.30am is a great start to the day.

Barry Mason - RIP

Time for a strong coffee :)
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Had the best ride of the year yesterday! Mild, sunny (intervals), not much wind, how nice is that? Went out without much of a plan, just head westish and see how I felt.... I felt great! Ended up 'phoning Ms SG from the tea rooms at Canons Ashby to say I might be a while before I got back. 61K of the easiest cycling I have done for ages, the hills weren't steep, the roads were smooth and the traffic was light :D

If that doesn't fire your mojo up, you are dead.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Broke the 2k mileage barrier today.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I've only ridden the bike once in a fortnight, and that was a wind & rain soaked Evans Ride It a week last Sunday. I'm loving it, not having to get up early, not doing the first mile or so still cold and not having any functional muscles to speak of. Reckon I might give it a go on Thursday, but hey - I'm enjoying the break, and enjoying being home at a sensible time without feeling like I've cycled 40+ miles either sde of a day's work.

It'l end soon enough I expect. :)
  • Kieran_Burns
    CiB wrote:
    I've only ridden the bike once in a fortnight, and that was a wind & rain soaked Evans Ride It a week last Sunday. I'm loving it, not having to get up early, not doing the first mile or so still cold and not having any functional muscles to speak of. Reckon I might give it a go on Thursday, but hey - I'm enjoying the break, and enjoying being home at a sensible time without feeling like I've cycled 40+ miles either sde of a day's work.

You let down your employers and didn't join in. I hope you're proud of yourself
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • CiB
    CiB wrote:

You let down your employers and didn't join in. I hope you're proud of yourself
    No. They rejected my late application so it's them that's at fault. I'll show em who's in charge, when I go begging for a seat next year probably.
  • CiB
    Well. Back on the bike today and suffered a tough ride after a couple of weeks off, esp with a headwind all the way.

Anyway - towelling down last night after the post-squash shower, some chap in the changing rooms eyed my v distinct cycling tan and asked 'What happened then? Did you have some new arms attached?'. Good one, whether it was off the cuff or one that he'd been waiting to use for the last 8 years.

Not good or bad, but I watched a squirrel be killed this morning. Dopy twonk - it was sat at the side of a quiet country road and just as a Bee Emm passed me, it ran across the road. Not into the verge next to where it was sitting; it took the long route and the inevitable b-dumph of the car wheels hitting it did the deed. Neat. No splat or blood, it just bounced and fell to the ground, clearly dead. Maybe it was stunned, pining for the fjords or something but there wasn't much I could do except carry on, so I did.
  • redvee
    WVM looking out for cyclists on the inside as he pulled out to pass the bin wagon by my flat this morning. Approx 1/2 dozen, might have been 6, cyclists in the cycle lane that also needed to move out for the bin wagon as I stood in the middle of the road I saw his head turn to look in the NS mirror and not just a quick glance either.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Just got an email from my ISP telling me the exchange has been upgraded and they can now offer me a faster 'up to 20Mb' service

banana.gif
  • redvee
    suzyb wrote:
    Just got an email from my ISP telling me the exchange has been upgraded and they can now offer me a faster 'up to 20Mb' service

banana.gif

That'll be 8mb max then :lol: BTW 19.48 here.
  • Kieran_Burns
    redvee wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

banana.gif

That'll be 8mb max then :lol: BTW 19.48 here.

How do you cope with it being so slow?

1354961135.png

2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    It's already 8Mb (well just under). Test says up to 17Mb so we'll see what I actually get.

Unfortunatly that will be it until Elvis is seen riding a flying pig through a frozen hell. Some inventions of the last century specifically fibre optic cable has completly missed this town.
  • redvee

How do you cope with it being so slow?

1354961135.png

I'm happy with the 20Mb service from VirginMedia, I can wait a little longer for my data.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Absolutely loving my 'new' Fratello. Needs some tweaking here and there, but, man, what a lively, responsive, super-smooth ride! Was tired after work, but it drew me into riding College Road and it felt so easy. Problem is I want an Acciao too now.