Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• the_rover
    the_rover Posts: 402
    Had another shoulder op 7 weeks ago which was my 3rd op in 3 years so I've more or less been off the bike since late last year. ( and have gained 8lbs to prove it ).
    Got the all clear from my physio last week to do some light turbo work and yesterday he said I could get out with my 5yr old on our bikes as long as I keep it easy, ie along the canal. :D:D:D

In the all the riding I do that is the bit I've missed the most. :D
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Inexplicably enjoying the Alpecin ad that rips off the Castrol GTX "liquid engineering" ad of yore
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Big_Paul
    Big_Paul Posts: 277
    Van has detonated it's clutch so I have a 14 mile each way cycle until it's fixed. I haven't had my arse on a bike in months.
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Mario kart on the wii.
    Located while trying to find some paperwork for my old bike.

Needless to say, I'm still looking for the paperwork, after 4 hours of reliving my and my OH pre kid lifestyle.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Mario kart on the wii.

Needless to say, I'm still looking for the paperwork, after 4 hours of reliving my and my OH pre kid lifestyle.

Now that my kids are 4 and 7 they are old enough for me to ply Mario Kart on the Wii with me. It's great. The Wii is genius. I'd still trade it for an N64 with Goldeneye.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,700
    Asprilla wrote:
    The Wii is genius.
    It is as far as I'm concerned, my 15 and 18 year olds aren't so easily impressed any more. New telly and it didn't even get plugged in, might dig it out and see if I can get our daughter to have a go. Boy is in full A level study mode so between that and girlfriend video games don't stand a chance.
    Flying chicken on the wii fit after a couple of drinks is hilarious.
  • wolfsbane2k
    Asprilla wrote:
    Mario kart on the wii.

Now that my kids are 4 and 7 they are old enough for me to ply Mario Kart on the Wii with me. It's great. The Wii is genius. I'd still trade it for an N64 with Goldeneye.

My oldest is just getting to hangs with it as we speak. They are getting better hourly, it's quite amazing.
    Your aware that Goldeneye is available on the wii, right?
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Wife dropped Little SB off which meant I had extra time this morning - so came to work the longer way around - with a bit more climbing.
  • rhodrich
    rhodrich Posts: 867
    What a beautiful morning this morning. Perfect temperature, just enough of a breeze to keep you cool, and sunny. Felt so much better after the heavy rain last week.
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1956 Carlton Flyer Path/Track
    1960 Mercian Superlight Track
    1974 Pete Luxton Path/Track*
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this
  • j_mcd
    j_mcd Posts: 473
    Rhodrich wrote:
    What a beautiful morning this morning. Perfect temperature, just enough of a breeze to keep you cool, and sunny. Felt so much better after the heavy rain last week.

+1 for this. Got off the train a few stops early in Effingham to extend the ride a bit. Beautiful weather.
    Giant Defy Advanced 0 - Best
    Planet X London Road - Wet
    Montague Fit - Foldy thing that rarely gets used these days
  • slowbike
    +2 - started with arm warmers - removed after a couple of miles ... got to blat back this afternoon though :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,700
    The wife's turn to bake for cake club at her work this week. I suggested a trial run may be in order and she agreed. Pecan muffins were made. Mmmm, nom nom nom...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The wife's turn to bake for cake club at her work this week. I suggested a trial run may be in order and she agreed. Pecan muffins were made. Mmmm, nom nom nom...

Oooh you lucky b@stard.
  • slowbike
    and Day2 (this week) of commuting by bike - consecutive days! Haven't done that for many a month ... well about a year actually ... other duties - transporting Little SB around take priority ... Anyway - it's day2 and I'll get one more day in this week - friday - so not consecutive ..

Took it easy this morning having had a bit of a blast yesterday - surprisingly the avg speed wasn't too disimiliar!
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,774
    Back to commuting properly after marathon training. 10 work days in a row, and a 75km ride after work yesterday. Loving it.
    And only stopping to go on holiday tomorrow. And going to hire a bike to ride up some hills. What a life.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    The gent in SE20 Cycles in Penge who removed my stuck freewheel for free. Top bloke.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    BMW drivers aren't all c0cks. Had a friendly chat with the driver of a BMW cabriolet at traffic lights in the week about the warm weather and storms for the bank holiday weekend. It was quite a weird experience to be friendly towards a BMW driver.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Oooh you lucky b@stard.

Very nice, I made Guinness Cake in work with the guys in the home, remarkably didn't turn out a disaster! and was eaten by the guys and my young waif colleagues who appear to be able to eat truly terrifying amounts of food!
  • slowbike
    Didn't get on my bike once this weekend ...

why is this in Anti-Rants?
    Cos I had an excellent weekend with Little SB - just fun and games at home - oh and a trip to wickes to buy some bits to make a base for his playhouse which we spent all day yesterday constructing (still not finished) - he loves it!

Then got on my bike this morning for the commute ... zoooom ... didn't push it, but just floated along so easily :)
  • reformedfatty
    reformedfatty Posts: 543
    I had a good ride in. Don't know why, nothing special about it really.. a slightly rainy grey morning. If I were a grand tour rider I'd be muttering something about good legs.
  • wolfsbane2k
    Thought I'd killed my garmin.
    Took me 6 attempts, but it finally accepted the soft reboot!
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,479
    The soft peeling post-sunburn skin
  • slowbike

Sometimes clearing out activities folder sorts it - just connect it to your computer - select the content and either move it or delete it ... :)
  • wolfsbane2k
    Slowbike wrote:

Sometimes clearing out activities folder sorts it - just connect it to your computer - select the content and either move it or delete it ... :)

Yeah, that's the plan for tonight. It's got over 7 years, about 800 rides on it. Probably could do with a full reset.
  • slowbike
    Nah - you don'tneed the full reset - jsut clear out the activities ...
  • roubaixmb
    roubaixmb Posts: 182
    Assos bib shorts - they just work.
  • wolfsbane2k
    Left the garmin on overnight by mistake. Thankfuly had given it a full recharge yesterday.
    It made it to approx. 25 meters from my destination before dying.
    So that's about 14 hour solid. Love these old 705's!
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Rapha repair service.
    Neat job and a useful white poppered musette included in the bag.
    "The quality will remain long after the price is forgotten."
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Bristol Triathlon in the morning and the cycling section is along my commute which I'll be doing when the triathlon is going so it looks like I'll be drafting a few people on their bikes or maybe passing them on my bike with pannier and guards, that won't damage the ego at all will it :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    The button (jeans rivet type) on my SWRVE denim commuter shorts (not that I wear them for commuting) came off.
    I emailed SWRVE to see if there was anywhere I could get a replacement button (I suppose I caught have just bought any button). Chris Morris emailed me back and they are sending me some in the post gratis. Bought these a couple of years ago at least, maybe free, so very pleased with the service.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk