Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    Came back from the kids hockey training yesterday morning & noticed that weird golden disc in the sky. Chance for a cheeky bonus ride, so dug out the summer bike, dusted off the cobwebs and dead False Widows, gave it a once over & headed out for a quick shakedown over Box Hill. Got within a whisker of my PR.
    Light base layer & a SS jersey too (having discovered after a root round the bike kit drawer that yes, I do still own some). No knee warmers or shoe covers needed. Happy days!
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    mamil314 wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    mamil314 wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Power tools, coffee and games. Like a real live boy.

Also, the missus will be out so I'll be allowed to.

What do you play, dhope? I can try and beat you to Surrey hills tomorrow and then online ^ ^

This eve/tomorrow will be Xcom 2 now they've released a patch to fix the initial crap release. I'm PC/Steam only these days.
    And Kent hills (Sunday) for me rather than Surrey, Vo2 sportive route
    https://www.strava.com/routes/4309797

That's nearly 2km of climb! No wonder you guys are so quick.

While i did enjoy Enemy Unknown and Terror from the Deep back in the day, as a recovering video game addict, i'd better stay away, however tempting ^ ^

Didn't get around to the games.
    But I did get the 6k climbing in, and Gigabit from the office to the router and router to the lounge, so I'm calling that a successful weekend.

Bosch Multitool is the dogs'
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-PMF-190-M ... B0091GDVZK :lol:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Golden disc thing in the sky while soon asleep in the car meant a perfect opportunity for an hour in the sun washing and stripping down and rebuilding the bike.
    Of course, having put dry oil on, the promised 2 weeks of sun will not now appear, sorry about that.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Fastest ride to office ever; courtesy of a good tail wind, absence of traffic, and a bit of competition. Dead Chuffed.
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    3rd place overall on one segment and a number of Strava PBs yesterday due to a favourable tailwind and a nice draft off a lorry to get me up to speed.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Almost got taken out by a car running a red a good couple of seconds after the lights had switched. Double-flash from the new red light camera. Nice.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    4 more hours of work till 2pm on 4th April cause of using up annual leave and rest days :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Sunshine!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    cracking ride in this morning ...

slightly marred by one van who passed a bit too close and another 4x4 driving idiot who thought it sensible to overtake me whilst I was doing 30 in a 30 limit approaching a school crossing ...

but otherwise ... cracking ride this morning ... especially as I'd cleaned the chain - no more squeaking!
  • perfectmark
    perfectmark Posts: 117
    Started cycling after being off ill for week, only to discover that a section of CS2 which used to be full of pot-holes and bulges in the road has just been resurfaced. Was a nice surprise, especially as I had no idea they were going to do it. There is now just one section between Manor Park and Forest Gate which needs resurfacing and my entire commute to work will be on new (or newish tarmac).
  • imatfaal
    Short-Sleeves and 3/4s home last night and in this morning. Sprung
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Picked up a draft from a bus on the way home, 3/4 mile at 25 mph and I was sillouhetted on the back of the bus from the car headlights behind me, total eclipse is a better description given by MAMILian bulk :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    Last day of my 50+ mile, 2 hour round trip commute by car. I don't even have a car parking space at the new job, looking forward to my new journey to and from work by bike. :D
    Boardman CX Team
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Little girl has been waking up early and has taken to switching on the music on her baby monitor (stupid design) - getting woken up at 5am by a tinny version of twinkle twinkle isn't great. However it is pretty hard to be upset when I go in to her room to switch it off and she loudly proclaims "Daddy up now!" with a big smile on her face.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    MrSweary wrote:
    Little girl has been waking up early and has taken to switching on the music on her baby monitor (stupid design) - getting woken up at 5am by a tinny version of twinkle twinkle isn't great. However it is pretty hard to be upset when I go in to her room to switch it off and she loudly proclaims "Daddy up now!" with a big smile on her face.
    You're not my new neighbour are you? Woken up at 5;30am by noise from next door. :twisted:

But I get what you mean
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Veronese68 wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:
    You're not my new neighbour are you? Woken up at 5;30am by noise from next door. :twisted:

But I get what you mean

Unless you're a deaf old lady or a lesbian couple, no.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • veronese68
    MrSweary wrote:
    Not a deaf old lady, although it would help if the Mrs was deaf. Do have a lesbian couple the other side though.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Veronese68 wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:
    Not a deaf old lady, although it would help if the Mrs was deaf. Do have a lesbian couple the other side though.

Otherside of what? Your mrs?! :o
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    We are getting a lesbian couple next door. It must be the in thing.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • veronese68
    Slowbike wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:

Better be careful not to incriminate myself. Other side of our house, which is also the other side of the road. Another pair opposite now as well. As Asprilla says, they seem to be everywhere now.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:

Better be careful not to incriminate myself. Other side of our house, which is also the other side of the road. Another pair opposite now as well. As Asprilla says, they seem to be everywhere now.
    Comin' over 'ere, stealin' our wimmin :evil: :roll:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,106
    Rode the Giant in today, after what must be nearly 3 months of borrowing my brother's Marin hybrid (I know, long story). It was like coming home after a long holiday: just so good to be back. :D

Mind you, I do need to remember that my Giant doesn't have super-grabby V brakes.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Ah the Easter rush to get to family I'd almost forgotten that is possible to increase traffic 100 fold and with that the range of knobends

Oh WMV you are a special breed, never change

Sigh
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    dhope wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    As Asprilla says, they seem to be everywhere now.
    Comin' over 'ere, stealin' our wimmin :evil: :roll:
    I know, I feel so conflicted. :?
  • imatfaal
    Fastest Commute ever this morning - but
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Powered up the tandoor and made some awesome home made tandoori chicken. Roll on the good weather!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Blow-out just as I arrived back from an hour's blast in the sun. Two new GP4000s now fitted to await the next ride opportunity.
    TWQVghK.jpg
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Speaking of GP4Ks, mine are now out of winter hibernation
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    Just made a carrot cake based on the recipe in the British Cycling weekly email (didn't have brown sugar or wholemeal flour or enough sugar). Very nice nevertheless.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    DrLex wrote:
    Blow-out just as I arrived back from an hour's blast in the sun. Two new GP4000s now fitted to await the next ride opportunity.
    TWQVghK.jpg

What the hell, how has a tyre come apart like that?

Also your rim surface from that photo looks very grooved have you checked them recently?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.