Paris - Nice Stage 2 **SPOILER**

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    LLS is going to be sticking to Bertie like glue over any lumps this week.

Strava is not Zen.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Leavaes Millar in a pretty decent position - good stuff DM.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    DaveyL wrote:

3rd - Good.

Wonder how his climbing legs are going?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • calvjones
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

3rd - Good.

Wonder how his climbing legs are going?

He's always flattered to deceive before. Here's hoping that's changed*.

*and he finishes second to Roman K.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    If Millar can climb better than Boom and Voigt then he might be able to take the jersey for a day or two, could be nice.

What a stage, it had sprint finish written on it but the wind played a big role. Can't wait for tomorrow, looks hillier.
  • DaveyL
    Didn't he (DM) finish pretty highly in P-N a few years ago?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    Kléber wrote:
    If Millar can climb better than Boom and Voigt then he might be able to take the jersey for a day or two, could be nice.

Yes, but Jens won the Tour of Germany, remember. Because that made loads of sense.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Exactly, big if. And if it's the sort of day when Boom and Voigt get into trouble then Millar's likely to lose time to the likes of Valverde and Contador. Maybe the bonus sprints but that's a hard ask.

It's good for Garmin, gives them more tactical options with Martin, VDV etc.
  • he was in a very similar position last year in the dauphine libere but faultered......i hope he does well. i am a big fan of his.
  • PauloBets
    PauloBets Posts: 108
    A great ride by Sky again, yet more evidence this team will be in your faces all season with big wins...get used to it. Mr Brailsford's recruitment strategy has paid off so far in 2010, getting all the best riders and management. There should be no more rubbish about sky being hated. They are winning respect now.
  • calvjones
    PauloBets wrote:
    A great ride by Sky again, yet more evidence this team will be in your faces all season with big wins...get used to it. Mr Brailsford's recruitment strategy has paid off so far in 2010, getting all the best riders and management. There should be no more rubbish about sky being hated. They are winning respect now.

I don't mind SKY being 'in our faces'.

You, however, I could live without.

Strava is not Zen.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,869
    Millar looked very strong there... he actually bridged from further back in a more impressive manner than Boom..

bertie looked pretty fired up despite missing the move...

nice when this sort of thing crunches up the GC at the top
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,869
    good to have harmon back and all
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,231
    Aah, got my days wrong - had Henderson to win tomorrow in PTP :cry:
  • Calv no need to be harsh however just to note Henderson was the only teamsky rider in the lead group so you cannot really say the team sky was riding as a "team" to win today....I put it down to henderson being lucky to make the break and the fact he was the only real sprinter in the group.
  • PauloBets wrote:

All the best riders? Really?

I haven't seen anything about sky being "hated", just people applying the same critical faculties to them as they do to any other team, what's wrong with that?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    The same thing happened on stage 3 last year. Gap was even larger though - 1min or so.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    Calv no need to be harsh however just to note Henderson was the only teamsky rider in the lead group so you cannot really say the team sky was riding as a "team" to win today....I put it down to henderson being lucky to make the break and the fact he was the only real sprinter in the group.

Even a Sky anti-fan like me knew the very likely winner from that group was Greg. And well done to him - He got himself up front and took his chance. That's what it's all about.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    edited March 2010
    DaveyL wrote:

He won the prologue in 2007 when riding for SD, and was in contention on the last day and Bertie headed off up the road.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    calvjones wrote:
    PauloBets wrote:

Harsh
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    DaveyL wrote:
    Oh god, I've just worked out he's doing that pistolero thing. With his shoes.

It's all about style!
  • iainf72
    Moray Gub wrote:

Harsh

Cough
  • moray_gub
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Harsh

Cough

Sore throat ?
  • iainf72
    Moray Gub wrote:

Sore throat ?

Tea went down wrong way...

:wink:
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Moray Gub wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    PauloBets wrote:

Harsh

But true
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • don't get me wrong i am a huge team sky fan.......it just gets on my tits when people start claiming they are the greatest team of all time.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    pat1cp wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

He won the prologue in 2007 when riding for SD, and was in contention on the last day and Bertie headed off up the road.

Very similar route that year, too, with the only uphill finish being in Mende.
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Millar seemed to keep incredible composure when on the front and people behind were gritting their teeth suffering hard. Jens was in the red and DM was sat up on the front, looking like he was on a nice ride to the shops or something. :lol:
  • don't get me wrong i am a huge team sky fan.......it just gets on my tits when people start claiming they are the greatest team of all time.

You mean they're not? :cry:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • DaveyL
    Millar is a classy rider with what seems like the innate talent for reading a race that you either have or don't have. Would be good to see him put in a good overall placing here for the Argyle boys.
    Le Blaireau (1)