Who's doing the 2010 Cheshire Cat?

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    If they can guarantee Chatwins rather monstrous and highly nutritious pork pie.....
    I dont know about anyone else but after 60+ miles, the thought of more stickysweet toothrot bars and such like whether they are made by SiS or Torq or whoever else just leaves me with visons of something savoury with HP brown sauce all over it.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    2,500 plus riders now......chaos.................... :shock:
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    2,500 riders .....

Have done this the last couple of years and the locals don't seem to like it. They'll be proper
    annoyed with that many riders.....

Looking forward to it. Like the profile this year. Hard work early, then should be a quick
    final 110k.
    exercise.png
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    TheStone wrote:
    2,500 riders .....

They'll be proper annoyed with that many riders.....

That's just a bonus!
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    plus the pirates
    pirate-smiley.jpg
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    JGSI wrote:
    plus the pirates
    pirate-smiley.jpg

The Pirates of Men's Pants? :wink:
  • fossyant
    The road out of Rushton Spencer is single track from the Macc/Leek road - gonna be fun getting a stack of cyclists over the main road and up the hill......
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    2,500 down Broad lane in Holmes Chapel?!?!

Major Fail!

The road is singletrack for quite some way with no passing places. The edges of the road are completely shot to pieces too after the bad weather. I went down there yesterday on my MTB with my 3 yr old on the back. Bad enough with one bike when a car is coming!

:shock:
  • pabloweaver
    pabloweaver Posts: 444
    andy_wrx wrote:
    At current count, there are 17 of us from North Cheshire Clarion doing it, first event for us as a new club (formed last November).

Judging by number of unattached non-club riders on the Cheshire Cat entry list, there are lots of floating/solo riders in Warrington/Widnes/Knutsford/Frodsham North Cheshire area - if any of you want to join us, try riding with a new & friendly club, we'd make you welcome.

http://www.northcheshireclarion.co.uk/

And I'm doing it as well ( one of the 17) ....I'm also wondering if the bottom half of my lungs are still on the pub wall at Mow Cop from this Sundays "ride" up it !?

probably the most enjoyable mile I have ever had on a bike.... :roll:

And before you start wrx.....I KNOW! :P

Great club in and around the Warrington area.
  • hells
    hells Posts: 175
    I am entering this one, it will be my first sportive. I work 8/10 weekends so have been very limited with regards to what sportives I can enter. I am really looking forward to it especially as I will be fired up from my first cycling training camp (Snowdon) the week before it. Possibly doing my first ever TT the day before as well. I decided to be brave and go for the 100 mile option.
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Trek 1.7 compact 2009
    Tank race elite 2007
    Marin Alpine trail 2007
    Specalized Langster 2010
    Kona Jake the Snake
  • Papapete
    Papapete Posts: 133
    andy_wrx wrote:
    At current count, there are 17 of us from North Cheshire Clarion doing it, first event for us as a new club (formed last November).

Judging by number of unattached non-club riders on the Cheshire Cat entry list, there are lots of floating/solo riders in Warrington/Widnes/Knutsford/Frodsham North Cheshire area - if any of you want to join us, try riding with a new & friendly club, we'd make you welcome.

I am signed up and was due to ride with a colleague from work, who unfortunately can't make it. I will be looking for encouragement to get me through the first 40 miles or so, having hardly been out since Xmas! Will you all be wearing your club jersey's and therefore recognisable, as a bit of a company would be good.

I'm heading out tomorrow to get some miles in my legs, so we'll see how I'm going to fair.
  • fossyant
    Soooooooo,

Any one had their email with sign on/parking details etc for next Sunday ?
  • pickled
    Not yet...

Edit: Errr. make that a yes. Just arrived!
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Papapete wrote:
    andy_wrx wrote:

I am signed up and was due to ride with a colleague from work, who unfortunately can't make it. I will be looking for encouragement to get me through the first 40 miles or so, having hardly been out since Xmas! Will you all be wearing your club jersey's and therefore recognisable, as a bit of a company would be good.

I'm heading out tomorrow to get some miles in my legs, so we'll see how I'm going to fair.

Yep, look out for us in blue & yellow.

After the event, as you're in Warrington, we're now doing shorter Saturday runs from Winwick and longer Sunday runs from Stretton, so if you want to join us then just get in touch - details on website.

Good luck on Sunday !
    Andy
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Nice, Saturday registration. There's 30 more minutes to lie in.
  • fossyant
    fluff. wrote:
    Nice, Saturday registration. There's 30 more minutes to lie in.

It's a 70 mile round trip for me, so I'll be getting up early....... :?
  • Papapete
    Better get you're waterproof jackets ready!

Andy_wrx, I'll look out for you, good to have a chat about coming along on one of your club rides.
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Are you really going to find 1 person in 3000 with `in yellow and blue' to go on? :)
  • Papapete
    I'm guessing not, but he may not want me too! For all I know he could be in red and black.

I'll just talk to anyone in yellow and blue :wink:
  • pabloweaver
    pabloweaver Posts: 444
    Papapete wrote:
    I'm guessing not, but he may not want me too! For all I know he could be in red and black.

I'll just talk to anyone in yellow and blue :wink:

Ah but the cunning bit of info lies in the North Chesire Clarion weblink ( see below) as it has a screen shot of said yellow and blue jersey for ease of identification :D

See you on Sunday!

Great club in and around the Warrington area.
  • andy_wrx
    Alright, I'll make it easier than 'in blue & yellow' :lol:

I don't actually look like our lovable prime minister and Pablo doesn't actually have a moustache, but feel free to talk to anyone wearing this nccdraftjersey.jpg
    - there are now I think 18 of us riding (although if it's peeing down then we'll all be wearing waterproofs instead...)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I might actually ride out to Mow Cop dressed as my namesake for a short while and shout out some encouragement...
  • andy_wrx
    Why not pounce out in front of people with a video camera and ask them how they're feeling - oh hang on, someone's already done that !
  • Papapete
    I like the jersey. I'll pay membership just to get one! Design now etched in memory (I feel like a stalker, albeit with the prey wishing to be caught.......I think)

Any chance of a tow / push up Mow Cap NapD? :)
  • macondo01
    macondo01 Posts: 706
    A pal warned me that the roads between Rushton and Macclesfield are badly pot holed and to watch out on the descents, 'enough to take a wheel out' were his words.

Fingers crossed for some good weather!
    "Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon
  • copper585
    copper585 Posts: 141
    weather forecast currently looking good, sunny, 11 degrees with a 15mph sw wind, hope it stays like that
  • pickled
    You should have looked yesterday when Met Check said 5 degrees and sleet/rain all day long. :wink:
    Think I'll wait a couple more days before packing suncream...
  • jthef
    jthef Posts: 226
    I am doing it for the second time. look easier than last year.
    Tempted to do the 100 not the 67 I signed up for :?
  • copper585
    copper585 Posts: 141
    pickled wrote:
    You should have looked yesterday when Met Check said 5 degrees and sleet/rain all day long. :wink:
    Think I'll wait a couple more days before packing suncream...

yes i certainly wont be holding my breath!! coming from hull so will be packing for whatever weather decides to do!