Who's doing the 2010 Cheshire Cat?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
After my debacle last year I am umming and aahing over whether or not to enter. I live locally and in fact the route goes very close to NapDTowers.

Never done a 100 mile ride before so would be a good thing to check off my list of things to do...

The route looks a bit dull for me but that's because I know most of the roads.

However, if there are a few from here doing it then I will probably enter for the social aspect!

http://www.kilotogo.com/index.php?option=event_detail&event_id=11

Comments

• phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,905
    I'm signed up. Training for the Maritona so doing it as much for the distance as anything.
  • copper585
    copper585 Posts: 141
    me and a mate coming thru from hull to do the 62 mile option, so glad we chose this with all the bad weather and illness i have not seen a bike since end of october!! just hope i can cram some trainging in over next few weeks
  • copper585
    copper585 Posts: 141
    me and a mate coming thru from hull to do the 62 mile option, so glad we chose this with all the bad weather and illness i have not seen a bike since end of october!! just hope i can cram some trainging in over next few weeks
  • NapD,

not me I'm afraid - I did the 62 mile one last year, but this year's route seems to be less interesting
  • Did the 100 last year - not doing this year's - course looks absolutely mind-numbing.
  • Me and a couple of mates are doing it, more to get some miles in than anything (expensive training I suppose !), plus it'll give us an early indication as to how lardy ar5ed we've become over Xmas :D

Got the Helly Hansen Adventure Challenge in Grizedale Forest the weekend before :cry:

Dunno how I managed to get roped in. I don't run ! MTB'ing is ok, and kayaking, but running, nah not for me. Could well be in a state when I start this thing.
    "There are no hills, there is no wind, I feel no pain !"

"A bad day on the bike is always better than a good day in the office !"
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Somebody wake me up when its over zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It's not looking good really then is it?
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    The route isn't a patch on last year, doesn't help that the roads are the roads I train on when I am in Crewe.

I am not doing it this year as I won't be up in Crewe on that weekend, plus concentrating on racing this year.
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    I'm doing it.
    Route is perfect for me. I need to avoid hills as I'm still recovering from a very bad ITB strain.
    I've only just started some light turbo work after doing nothing but a weeks skiing since the Tour of the Peak in October, which I failed to complete due to said knee...
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    It's not looking good really then is it?

The route is poor, and being honest we didn't like last years route much either! Being borderline destitute puts me off entering Sportives this year, I may spend the money on XC races instead.

I think we should do a century based on the Hartington route. With lights and hopefully without potentially upsetting the Bulls stood in our way.

Whenever your century is, I'm in.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Should this instead:

http://www.aukweb.net/cal/calsolo.php?Ride=10-55

Loads cheaper
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Plus having wasted nearly 13 years working in Crewe, I don't want to go near there. I'm glad I've not returned there since I left my old job.
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    You should just organise another ride like last time. Much more fun that way. Well, fun as long as you go 12 Watts slower than usual, so we can keep up of course.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I'll show up on the day and ride with you. But am not paying £28 for the privilege.

Might as well organize a NapD Leg Breaker Sportive and charge admission.

Hey wait, that's not a bad idea. We could have your wife man a refreshment stand half way round....

:)
  • Should this instead:

http://www.aukweb.net/cal/calsolo.php?Ride=10-55

Loads cheaper

I'd forgotten about that one. Good idea, but no repeats of last time!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    We've talked about. Now we have a thread for it. Group ride -first weekend in March for those interested:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15873776#15873776
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    I'm in....100 miles, didn't do it last year due to shoulder injury, so hoping the shoulder holds up...it's still not good...but ah well.

Know most of the roads too, but not been on the southern roads for a bit. Planning to ride out towards Bosley, then do the section upto Macc, then back home - just checking hills out.

Pretty flat this year.
  • Maybe this could be worth considering The National Cyclosportive.its only about a 30 minute drive from manchester.the route seems to be hard but rewarding in terms of the views and decents.here http://www.pennineevents.co.uk/PendlePe ... tails.html
  • Not for me this year.
    Trying some other events in and around the area around same date.
    Will be at the Jodrell Bank sportive instead.
    Just a fat bloke on a bike
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    At current count, there are 17 of us from North Cheshire Clarion doing it, first event for us as a new club (formed last November).

Judging by number of unattached non-club riders on the Cheshire Cat entry list, there are lots of floating/solo riders in Warrington/Widnes/Knutsford/Frodsham North Cheshire area - if any of you want to join us, try riding with a new & friendly club, we'd make you welcome.

http://www.northcheshireclarion.co.uk/
  • macondo01
    macondo01 Posts: 706
    Yep I am signed up. This will be my first century ride.
    "Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Anyone doing this ride as prep this Sunday?
    RelRugely.jpg
    (if weather not too inclement)
  • moolarb
    moolarb Posts: 83
    No, but I'm doing the Evans Ride-It near Rochdale (long road route, 63 miles). Should be a good early season test. Apparently it's got the longest climb in the UK, though only 7%.
  • I'm doing the 66 miler, and heard it was a good one to do... before i started reading about route changes... and being mind-numbing... mind i don't ride that area so will be new and something different hopefully.

I'm coming from Germany as well... am i mad? lol....
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    I'm doing it. Was put off by the Crewe start point but the Chatwins cakes swung it. I hope it means we will have food at the end this time. I didn't even get a cup of tea last year.
  • skinsey
    skinsey Posts: 105
    Yep, me too. Wasn't going to this year as a) covers a lot of my training roads, and b) feels a bit odd to drive to Crewe to then cycle within 50 yards of my front door in Macc a couple of hours later. However, my 2009 LEJoG riding partner from Somerset is coming up to do it, so seemed a bit rude not too. Do you really think we'll get Chatwin's cakes?!
  • I honestly think this sportive is over rated and there are far better ones knocking around but it is very popular with a lot of people.

Maybe I missed something when I rode it !!!!
    Riding wise ive been Making Mediocre cool since 2003.

HIGHLIGHT..Raid Pyrenean 2005!!!

LOWLIGHT..To many to mention!!!
  • pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    Why don't you do it again? You might figure out what you missed? :wink:
    I've just found out I'll be taking to my wife to Manchester airport for 4am and then I've got to drive to Crewe for my first 100 mile ride. :shock:
  • pickled wrote:
    Why don't you do it again? You might figure out what you missed? :wink::

Yeah I suppose so many people cant be wrong!

Maybe next year!
    Riding wise ive been Making Mediocre cool since 2003.

HIGHLIGHT..Raid Pyrenean 2005!!!

LOWLIGHT..To many to mention!!!