Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited January 2010
    WTF is capers?

Anywho.

Seeds. Why do people eat seeds straight from the bag, like sunflower seeds. Buy a bag of minstrels you cheapskate!

Seeds in bread. WTF, seeded bread. WTF. Bread should be white, medium cut and preferably toasted (though I accept brown bread is healthier).

And while I'm on the subject of bread. What the f*ck is 'Rye bread' is it just ponce for "Look how different I am, I'm eating cool fancy bread.. Ooo I'm better than you in my skinny jeans, ripped shirt and greasy hair... I'm from Shoreditch with my cool fancy rye bread. I went into the shop and said 'Rye bread' for my salami sandwich now everyone in the shop knows I'm cool."

I'm going to log-off for 5mins, I've angered myself.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    prawny wrote:
    Is that a human brain?

that was a rib of beef... 3lbs worth mmmmeat
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    prawny wrote:
    Chuck Norris is ghey (yeah I said it)

You are the caper decliner - too tasty?

CPs beef shot is pure filth.

Cast iron skillet - check
    Heavily marbled - check

tell me you eat it rare or it's all over between us.

edited to add
    Sewinman wrote:
    Real men don't eat quiche. Fact.

Fact
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    prawny wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    Capers WTF! The only point of them is so you can play a game picking them out of rice.

Little bombs of salty flavour I loves 'em so does Chuck Norris.

You need to Man your taste buds the feck up.

chuck norris has already roundhouse kicked you to death so fast that it may be many years b4 you find out. :wink:
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg T wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Heavily marbled - check

I feel slightly turned on by the sheer level of masculinity. "I must carry my woman over my shoulder into the bedroom, make love to her, kissing my bicep as I go. Then while she is basking in the glow I'll draw paintings on the wall and then dance around a makeshift fire!"
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Greg T
    edited January 2010
    I've thought some more about my steak position.

If you take your steak anything other than rare you are sus. The more cooked and wrong you take it the worse you are.

Frankly if you have it well done you are queeg of the highest order and should be forced to inhale it.

Glad we cleared that up.

Now then who said they didn't like kebabs - light the torches villagers and collect the farm implements - we are having us an outrage march

Edited to add
    Bass wrote:
    Then while she is basking in the glow

Don't follow. Is the glow a disappointed and bored gaze into the middle distance?

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    I would take my Ribeye medium rare in order to let the fat render, all other cuts are taken rare.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    liver
    kidney
    tongue
    capers
    radish
    eels
    faggots
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • DonDaddyD
    Nowt wrong with having your meat burned.

I liked the burnt, charcoal/carbon taste.

I like the consistency of well done food. Admittingly I probably would have had CP's meat raw... :shock: no wait... I mean cooked medium
    Food Chain number = 4

• Greg T
    liver
    kidney
    tongue
    capers
    radish
    eels
    faggots

Liver - I concur - all the rest I'm your manly and fearless man.

Devilled Kidneys on toast. YES.

• DonDaddyD
    Greg T wrote:
    Bass wrote:
    Then while she is basking in the glow

Don't follow. Is the glow a disappointed and bored gaze into the middle distance?

Probably but Bass has five kids, so like me who wrote that post, I suspect its a glow of thunderous awesomeness! :lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Greg T wrote:

Breakfast of champions.
  • Greg T
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Probably but Bass has five kids, so like me who wrote that post, I suspect its a glow of thunderous awesomeness! :lol:

Ooops - must pay more attention to detail.

However - you burn your meat and are dead to me - I will continue to misquote you until you man up and lick the blood from the plate

• Oh come now, liver is great. Especially calves liver.

I'm glad others are coming with me on the inappropriate fruit. Parma ham and melon? Way to ruin good ham and good melon. :roll:

I've never tried tongue, it's on the list, but tripe cooked right is lovely - it's like a flavour sponge, but doesn't really have its own strong flavour.

But well-done meat is a crime. In fact, you could probably commit a crime with it, using it as a cosh.
  • Greg T

I've never tried tongue

Form an orderly line, take a number wait your turn

• SHRIMP PASTE - This hideous assault on the nose and taste bubs has no business existing. I know its only an ingredient but its a criminal waste of good shrimps
    Audio, Video, Disco

8.6 Mile daily commute
  • DonDaddyD
    genius! :lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Greg T wrote:
    liver
    kidney
    tongue
    capers
    radish
    eels
    faggots

Liver - I concur - all the rest I'm your manly and fearless man.

But liver and kidney are so similar. If you dislike the taste of an organ that filters waste material out of a body, you will surely not like the taste of one that produces waste water.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Clever Pun
    edited January 2010
    Greg T wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Heavily marbled - check

tell me you eat it rare or it's all over between us.

edited to add
    Sewinman wrote:
    Real men don't eat quiche. Fact.

Fact

medium rare, there's a bone in there and given the marbling giving it that little extra helps a lot John Torode said so, he's a clown but he know's his meat...

but as a rule steaks are rare

Edit: You knows it Sewinman
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,376
    Raisins, Currant, Sultanas.

Firstly there all the same

Secondly they are revolting
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    I like nearly all food.

Love seafood - mussels, oysters, crab, plateau royale de fruits de mer,..., bring it on ! In fact I make a twice-yearly pilgramage to a little place in Essex that does some of the best seafood in this country.

Meat of all sorts - yum. But not battery-farmed chicken, I do have some conscience.

Wild animals - double yum. I've spent many evenings and a large sum of various companies' expense accounts eating the wildlife from wherever I happen to be.

However, there is one thing so vile, so horrid that even a tiny sliver of it pollutes whatever it touches, rendering it totally inedible. What's worse, it's often concealed in otherwise delicious-looking cakes and confections.

Yes, I mean Marzi-poison. Evil beyond belief, my tongue's trying to crawl back down my throat just thinking about it !!!
    Misguided Idealist
  • Greg T wrote:

I've never tried tongue

Form an orderly line, take a number wait your turn

Dammit I was trying to avoid that one.

Also, in unrelated news, capers are great, as are anchovies, but putting them on pizza ruins both them and pizza.

What else is bad? Manchego cheese. Ewww feety badness. And at the other end of the scale, camembert and brie taste like squidgy soap. Mild cheddar tastes like hard soap.
  • Clever Pun
    I like nearly all food.

Love seafood - mussels, oysters, crab, plateau royale de fruits de mer,..., bring it on ! In fact I make a twice-yearly pilgramage to a little place in Essex that does some of the best seafood in this country.

Meat of all sorts - yum. But not battery-farmed chicken, I do have some conscience.

Wild animals - double yum. I've spent many evenings and a large sum of various companies' expense accounts eating the wildlife from wherever I happen to be.

However, there is one thing so vile, so horrid that even a tiny sliver of it pollutes whatever it touches, rendering it totally inedible. What's worse, it's often concealed in otherwise delicious-looking cakes and confections.

Yes, I mean Marzi-poison. Evil beyond belief, my tongue's trying to crawl back down my throat just thinking about it !!!

mmm noms
    battenburg.jpg

A friend of mine years ago used to have nightmares about a man with a battenburg for a head chasing him
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Greg T
    Manchego cheese. Ewww feety badness. And at the other end of the scale, camembert and brie taste like squidgy soap. Mild cheddar tastes like hard soap.

Mild Cheddar = cheese for bed wetters.

Manchengo does ming bad - I'll also agree that Brie is a waste of calories.

Cheese should make your eyes water or you aren't trying hard enough. Yes I mean when you eat it.

• Clever Pun
    Greg T wrote:
    Manchego cheese. Ewww feety badness. And at the other end of the scale, camembert and brie taste like squidgy soap. Mild cheddar tastes like hard soap.

Mild Cheddar = cheese for bed wetters.

Manchengo does ming bad - I'll also agree that Brie is a waste of calories.

Cheese should make your eyes water or you aren't trying hard enough. Yes I mean when you eat it.

also it should wreck everything else in the fridge

Manchego is awesome

Camenbert is really good if you cut it open stuff it with garlic and herbs and then back in the box and bake it....
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Clever Pun wrote:

mmm noms
    battenburg.jpg

A friend of mine years ago used to have nightmares about a man with a battenburg for a head chasing him

You b@rsteward ! Now I'm going to have that revolting artificially coloured image stuck in my mind, and suggested nightmares to go with it !!!

(I wonder if Battenburg burns - it looks like it should. I've had to stock up on logs since the shops are out of coal! The Big Snow cometh....)
    Misguided Idealist
  • Chaumes. Now that's proper smelly.

The genius of cheese is that there isn't a dish in the world that isn't improved by a covering of melted cheese. Even fondue.

FACT!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg66 wrote:
    Chaumes. Now that's proper smelly.

The genius of cheese is that there isn't a dish in the world that isn't improved by a covering of melted cheese. Even fondue.

FACT!

Curry goat. In fact curry of any kind would be destroyed by the inclusion of cheese.
    Food Chain number = 4

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    edited January 2010
    Greg66 wrote:

FACT!

Agreed. That is a fact. As long as its savoury.

However, I'm really not keen on Manchego. Baked camembert though, that's awesome.