Richmond Park 3-lap Challenge 2010

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Petromyzon wrote:
    Improbable as it sounds I've squeaked in between Jim and Damien. I'm not quite sure what I have to do to get a clear run at a 3lc but it seems kicking off at 7.45 on a Sunday evening is not enough. This is apparently the time that all the cars go in to safari mode and stop to gawp at the deer. Still, each to their own:) Obligatory excuses made, I'm happy with an improvement in power output and a 2 min 20 sec pb over last year. It's ace to see this thread so popular.
    Nice one. I started mine about the same time. We must have been doing a pursuit match ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    edited May 2010
    One thing i find about Richmond Park is that just as i think i am doing a good lap, someone will come hurtling past me. This happened twice tonight and i was wondering if someone with long ginger hair and someone else belonging to London Dynamo would post fast times as people of these descriptions went hurtling past me up the hill from Kingston Gate. Am guessing those were you two? I know im not a climber and ive a long way to go before getting down to 53 minutes but i didnt realise it was quite that far!
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Wow, some quick times coming in in the past couple of weeks, leaving me in 10th spot :shock: I must get back in the park soon, though ongoing wheel insurance claim delays mean it will likely be doing it on the training wheels yet again.

Still weight loss for QBH is coming along nicely and a fringe benefit would hopefully be a quicker RP 3LC time....
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    One thing i find about Richmond Park is that just as i think i am doing a good lap, someone will come hurtling past me. This happened twice tonight and i was wondering if someone with long ginger hair and someone else belonging to London Dynamo would post fast times as people of these descriptions went hurtling past me up the hill from Kingston Gate. Am guessing those were you two? I know im not a climber and ive a long way to go before getting down to 53 minutes but i didnt realise it was quite that far!
    Long ginger hair: check. ;)

I tend to give it some beans up Dark hill. It's easier to make up seconds on the uphills rather than the downs... (but I am reasonably light, which helps). Anyway, those 3 laps weren't easy: definitely on the ragged edge of aerobic capacity. My legs felt fine but my breathing was all over the place.

Edit: I normally give a nod and a wave to people I pass but that went out of the window tonight ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    Yup, I'm the Dynamo! Sorry if I didn't say hi or smile to you Cumulo, was a bit ragged myself at the time. There is always someone faster- if IP was in the park he'd fly past me. If it helps, at the start of last year's thread I don't think I'd ever broken the hour.

Jon- shame we didn't meet, having a no-drafting ding-dong with other riders is the only way I really get that eyeball-poppy sicky feeling going on.

Nearly came to grief coming down Broomfield, there was a scooter really crawling to stay behind a police vehicle at <20 ish mph near the bottom. By the time I'd clocked his speed I was going too fast on the curve to safely scrub speed without risking washing out so I had to run past him fast and brake hard on the straight to avoid shooting past the cops as well, all with a car on the other side of the hill. Really not proud of that piece of riding:( :( I need to remind myself that no time is worth riding like a plonker.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Dont worry about not saying hello, i wasnt in a state to swap pleasantries either! Small improvement for me but not enough to bother putting up there - lost time in traffic

Petromyzon - Yeah, that scooter came as a bit of a shock to me too, really was going very slowly.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Petromyzon wrote:
    Petromyzon.............Anti........75kg........52.00.......May........LD.......AP 326W NP 336W

Great watts, shows how much better your training has been going compared to mine! You've added 10% watts on the year, and I've barely added 5%
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • TarmacExpert
    TarmacExpert Posts: 204
    people of these descriptions went hurtling past me up the hill from Kingston Gate. Am guessing those were you two? I know im not a climber and ive a long way to go before getting down to 53 minutes but i didnt realise it was quite that far!
    Don't worry about it, you'd be amazed how many people go past me up the hills, only for me to soon re-pass them and leave them a long way behind once it flattens out. Most people seem to increase their power output an absurd amount up hills. Yes, it's optimal pacing to work a bit harder up the hills, but not so hard that you can't accelerate quickly up to speed once you've reached the top.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JonGinge wrote:
    Sorry Chris. Your time from yesterday gave me the impetus to get off my lazy ar$e and put in a proper time (I've left in the original coz it was on an SS bike). That's a PB of over a minute from last year. I'm pretty surprised as I'd been feeling pretty fatigued after last Sunday's Blackrat sportive in the west country. That and I've been drinking too much beer lately :oops:

Dagnabbit! :) I knew my stay in the top 10 would be fleeting.

Excellent PB, JG. And to Petro, too. Two minutes is about the time it takes me to cover the Ham-Kingston Gate stretch. WTH am I going to find that extra speed? :o More turbo work needed...
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Petromyzon
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Jim - i really want to get to 350W ave and break 50 min but I suspect that the next 25W of improvement will be very hard to find. Sounds like you've been doing a lot more interesting riding than me- getting dropped at Palace has been about the peak of my excitement so far!

@CJ I've recently got a v. large fan but even so I think turbo work would be murder in any sort of summery temperatures!
  • Petromyzon
    PS TarmacExpert, chapeau on your time, am I correct in thinking that you were on a road bike rather than a TT rig?
  • cjcp
    Petromyzon wrote:

@CJ I've recently got a v. large fan but even so I think turbo work would be murder in any sort of summery temperatures!

Yep, I thought about doing it outside, but I'm still not very enthusiastic about it...
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Petromyzon wrote:
    nigelstephens..........Anti.........71kg......48.36........May.....Finchley RT....2nd Cat
    eyepea0...................Anti........80ishkg......48:41........Apr........LD.......1st cat
    TarmacExpert..........Anti.........71kg......51:00.........Apr.......KW.......AP 278W NP 288W
    theHAIRYleggedONE...Anti.....74kg......51:01.......Apr.....TeamFeat.Trigeek TT AvHR148
    KingstonWheeler.....Anti.........67kg......51.36........Apr.......PEV Geneve...cyclotourist
    Damien Breen..........Anti.......60ishkg....51.57.......Apr........KW......Cat 3
    Petromyzon.............Anti........75kg........52.00.......May........LD.......AP 326W NP 336W
    JibberJim................. Anti........76kg......52.01........May........KW......Cat 3 zero points...AP 317W NP 338W
    mathammond............Anti.........80kg......52:28.......Apr......N/A.........Leisure
    Felgen......................Anti.........91kg.......52.37.......Apr.........KW..........2nd cat *ahem*
    JonGinge..................Anti.........67kg......53:10........May........KW......Commuter/Sportive
    CJCP........................Anti.........78kg......54:34........May........KW.......Commuter/Sportive
    seabadger.................Anti.........82kg......54:35........May........n/a........fitness/MTB
    Red GT......................Anti.........75kg......54:37.........May........n/a.......sportive
    mark_d................. ..Anti........61kg......54:38...........Mar........LD.......AP 269W NP 276W
    jamesjarvis................Anti........63kg.......54:40........Apr.....................
    Raynaw...................Anti........88kg......54.52........Apr........TCC.....Cat 3....AP 343W
    Toks.........................Anti.........70kg.....55..00.......May........ACC....Average 3rd Cat
    bigdave1963.............Anti........87kg......55.30........May.......KW........Sportive
    SPEEDOboy77..........Anti.........75kg.....55.32.......Apr.........KW.....Cat 3 No Power
    Rushie.....................Anti........76kg......55:40.........Apr.......TCC.......Sportive/Cat4
    RedGreenBaron.......Anti.........71kg......55:40........May.......LD........Sportive
    Zav........................Anti........85(ish).... 55:44.......May........LD.......commute
    tomb8555.................Anti.........87kg......55:52........Feb.......TCC......Cat 3
    Bush75...................Anti........78kg......55:58.........Apr.......LRC.......Sportive/Cat4
    Marko1982...............Anti.......81kg........56:44........Apr........NA.......Triathlete
    J4zzDogg.................Anti.......81kg........56:46........May.......LD.....Commuter/Sportive
    Rookie.....................Anti........100kg.......56:47........Apr........NA........Sportive
    mroli.......................Anti.........68kg........57.07.......Apr.....N/A..........Sportive/Fitness
    JonGinge..................Anti.........67kg......57:33........Jan........KW......Commuter/Sportive (SS 48x16)
    maryka.................Anit..........53.5kg....57:49.........May.......KW......cat 2w 234W NP 216W AP
    Flix23.......................Anti.........72kg.......57.55.......May.......N/A......Fitness/Sportive
    Grrram....................Anti.........84.2kg......58:10........Apr.......none........Fitness/Sportive
    Davo4......................Anti.........94kg......58.18........Apr........N/A......1st year tri
    stevie becks........Anti..........76kg.......58:30.......Apr.......Sky.......Sportive
    Westwimash............Anti........80kg......58.38.........May.......N/A.........Fitness
    Cumulonimbus.........Anti.........85kg.......58.38.......May....................Fitness
    Big Red.....................Anti........95kg......58:48.........Apr.......N/A.......Fitness/Sportive
    POD..................Anti.......86kg....59:15..............Apr......N/A.......Sportive (and the odd race)
    London-red...............Anti.........83kg......59:20........Apr........N/A.......Commuter/fitness
    amnezia............Anti..........73kg.........59:27........May........N/A.......Commuter/Sportive
    thebongolian.......Anti......c.80kg.....59.50..........May......N/a........Sportive/Cat4
    Arpy.....................Anti..........101kg....59:32.......May.........N/A.........Fitness
    RHE......................Anti...........91kg........60:20........Apr......NA.......Commuter/Sportive
    statts...................Anti.............75kg......60.30.......May.........N/A....Fitness / Sportive
    Il Principe..............Anti.......75kg....60:40..............Mar.......NA.......Commuter/Sportive
    Abdoujaparov..........Anti.........76kg......60.53........Feb........?...........Fitness/sportive
    Greasygrinder..........Anti......75kg.......60:53.........Apr........KW.......AP 259
    Rostropovich............Anti......74kg.......60:53.........May.......N/A........Fitness/Sportive
    greeny12..............Anti........87kg......60.57........Mar..........N/A.......Fitness/sportive
    marcusjb...................anti......61Kg........62:55.........May.......N/A........Leisure
    CXXC......................Anti..........80kg.......63.06.......Apr.......N/A......Commuter/Sportive
    Global Nomad.........Anti..........75kg.......63.10.......May.......N/A......Commuter/Fitness
    TheStone.................Anti.........90kg......63:27........Apr.......N/A......Fitness/Sportive
    toontra.......................Anti.........75kg......64.57.........Mar......N/A........Audax
    pangolin....................Anti.........89kg......65:00.........Apr......N/A.......Fitness/Commuter
    Guinea.....................Anti........89kg......65.11........Mar........none.........Fun
    Citizen Smith..........Anti.........95kg......65.26.........May.....SCR.....Fitness/Commuter/Hybrid LFCQuin...................Anti.........82kg......66:00........Jan.......MW........Cat 3/Core
    biondino..................Anti.........80kg........66.15.......Feb.......n/a..........commuter
    Dan_JR..................Anti.........80kg........66.31.......Apr.......n/a..........Fitness/Commuter
    Ketsbaia................Clock.........76kg.......67.28........Mar.......n/a.....Fitness/sportive
    BCSS.....................Anti..........75kg......68.24........Jan......NA...........Will I ever be fast?
    KingstonGraham.....Anti.........74kg......68:39........Jan.......NA........Triathlete
    Il Principe..............Anti.......dunno....68:57......Feb......NA.......Commuter/Sportive
    G-Wiz..............Anti.......100kg....69:05......Apr......NA.......Fitness/Sportive
    jrduquemin...........Clock......79kg......69:07........Jan.......None.......Fitness/Sportive
    jag--.........................Anti.........78kg......69.09.......April........Sky...........Sportive newbie
    Coopster the 1st....Anti........86kg......69.30......May........n/a..........Commuter/Sportive
    MattM78..................Anti........89kg.......73.24.........Feb....SWRC....Commuter/sportive/tri
    Furrag....................Anti.........68kg......74:00.........Apr......KW.........Fitness/Fun
    NWLondoner...........Clock......61kg......77.56........Jan........??.........Fitness/Training

Took 6 minutes off my time tonight. I am now 10 minutes slower than I was last year. I have no puff and just can't seem to get over the hills like I used to.

I am nervous as hell cornering too and descend 10mph slower than normal on Broomhill. I don't know if it's post crash nerves, new wheels or the horrible greasy road surface but my bike handling has gone to pot.
  • cjcp
    guinea wrote:
    I am nervous as hell cornering too and descend 10mph slower than normal on Broomhill. I don't know if it's post crash nerves, new wheels or the horrible greasy road surface but my bike handling has gone to pot.

Know what you mean. I'm quite a bit slower down Broomfield, too, since the re-surfacing.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • TarmacExpert
    nigelstephens..........Anti.........71kg......48.36........May.....Finchley RT....2nd Cat
    eyepea0...................Anti........80ishkg......48:41....Apr........LD.......1st cat
    TarmacExpert (TT)....Anti.........72kg......49:20.......May......KW.......AP 277W NP 293W
    TarmacExpert (road).Anti.........71kg......51:00......Apr.......KW.......AP 278W NP 288W
    theHAIRYleggedONE..Anti.......74kg......51:01.......Apr.....TeamFeat.Trigeek TT AvHR148
    KingstonWheeler.....Anti.........67kg......51.36........Apr.......PEV Geneve...cyclotourist
    Damien Breen..........Anti.......60ishkg....51.57.......Apr........KW......Cat 3
    JibberJim................. Anti........76kg......52.01........May........KW......Cat 3 zero points...AP 317W NP 338W
    mathammond............Anti.........80kg......52:28.......Apr......N/A.........Leisure
    Felgen......................Anti.........91kg.......52.37.......Apr.........KW..........2nd cat *ahem*
    JonGinge..................Anti.........67kg......53:10........May........KW......Commuter/Sportive
    CJCP........................Anti.........78kg......54:34........May........KW.......Commuter/Sportive
    seabadger.................Anti.........82kg......54:35........May........n/a........fitness/MTB
    Red GT......................Anti.........75kg......54:37.........May........n/a.......sportive
    mark_d................. ..Anti........61kg......54:38...........Mar........LD.......AP 269W NP 276W
    jamesjarvis................Anti........63kg.......54:40........Apr.....................
    Raynaw...................Anti........88kg......54.52........Apr........TCC.....Cat 3....AP 343W
    Toks.........................Anti.........70kg.....55..00.......May........ACC....Average 3rd Cat
    bigdave1963.............Anti........87kg......55.30........May.......KW........Sportive
    SPEEDOboy77..........Anti.........75kg.....55.32.......Apr.........KW.....Cat 3 No Power
    Rushie.....................Anti........76kg......55:40.........Apr.......TCC.......Sportive/Cat4
    RedGreenBaron.......Anti.........71kg......55:40........May.......LD........Sportive
    Zav........................Anti........85(ish).... 55:44.......May........LD.......commute
    tomb8555.................Anti.........87kg......55:52........Feb.......TCC......Cat 3
    Bush75...................Anti........78kg......55:58.........Apr.......LRC.......Sportive/Cat4
    Marko1982...............Anti.......81kg........56:44........Apr........NA.......Triathlete
    J4zzDogg.................Anti.......81kg........56:46........May.......LD.....Commuter/Sportive
    Rookie.....................Anti........100kg.......56:47........Apr........NA........Sportive
    mroli.......................Anti.........68kg........57.07.......Apr.....N/A..........Sportive/Fitness
    JonGinge..................Anti.........67kg......57:33........Jan........KW......Commuter/Sportive (SS 48x16)
    maryka.................Anit..........53.5kg....57:49.........May.......KW......cat 2w 234W NP 216W AP
    Flix23.......................Anti.........72kg.......57.55.......May.......N/A......Fitness/Sportive
    Grrram....................Anti.........84.2kg......58:10........Apr.......none........Fitness/Sportive
    Davo4......................Anti.........94kg......58.18........Apr........N/A......1st year tri
    stevie becks........Anti..........76kg.......58:30.......Apr.......Sky.......Sportive
    Westwimash............Anti........80kg......58.38.........May.......N/A.........Fitness
    Cumulonimbus.........Anti.........85kg.......58.38.......May....................Fitness
    Big Red.....................Anti........95kg......58:48.........Apr.......N/A.......Fitness/Sportive
    POD..................Anti.......86kg....59:15..............Apr......N/A.......Sportive (and the odd race)
    London-red...............Anti.........83kg......59:20........Apr........N/A.......Commuter/fitness
    amnezia............Anti..........73kg.........59:27........May........N/A.......Commuter/Sportive
    thebongolian.......Anti......c.80kg.....59.50..........May......N/a........Sportive/Cat4
    Arpy.....................Anti..........101kg....59:32.......May.........N/A.........Fitness
    RHE......................Anti...........91kg........60:20........Apr......NA.......Commuter/Sportive
    statts...................Anti.............75kg......60.30.......May.........N/A....Fitness / Sportive
    Il Principe..............Anti.......75kg....60:40..............Mar.......NA.......Commuter/Sportive
    Abdoujaparov..........Anti.........76kg......60.53........Feb........?...........Fitness/sportive
    Greasygrinder..........Anti......75kg.......60:53.........Apr........KW.......AP 259
    Rostropovich............Anti......74kg.......60:53.........May.......N/A........Fitness/Sportive
    greeny12..............Anti........87kg......60.57........Mar..........N/A.......Fitness/sportive
    marcusjb...................anti......61Kg........62:55.........May.......N/A........Leisure
    CXXC......................Anti..........80kg.......63.06.......Apr.......N/A......Commuter/Sportive
    Global Nomad.........Anti..........75kg.......63.10.......May.......N/A......Commuter/Fitness
    TheStone.................Anti.........90kg......63:27........Apr.......N/A......Fitness/Sportive
    toontra.......................Anti.........75kg......64.57.........Mar......N/A........Audax
    pangolin....................Anti.........89kg......65:00.........Apr......N/A.......Fitness/Commuter
    Guinea.....................Anti........89kg......65.11........Mar........none.........Fun
    Citizen Smith..........Anti.........95kg......65.26.........May.....SCR.....Fitness/Commuter/Hybrid LFCQuin...................Anti.........82kg......66:00........Jan.......MW........Cat 3/Core
    biondino..................Anti.........80kg........66.15.......Feb.......n/a..........commuter
    Dan_JR..................Anti.........80kg........66.31.......Apr.......n/a..........Fitness/Commuter
    Ketsbaia................Clock.........76kg.......67.28........Mar.......n/a.....Fitness/sportive
    BCSS.....................Anti..........75kg......68.24........Jan......NA...........Will I ever be fast?
    KingstonGraham.....Anti.........74kg......68:39........Jan.......NA........Triathlete
    Il Principe..............Anti.......dunno....68:57......Feb......NA.......Commuter/Sportive
    G-Wiz..............Anti.......100kg....69:05......Apr......NA.......Fitness/Sportive
    jrduquemin...........Clock......79kg......69:07........Jan.......None.......Fitness/Sportive
    jag--.........................Anti.........78kg......69.09.......April........Sky...........Sportive newbie
    Coopster the 1st....Anti........86kg......69.30......May........n/a..........Commuter/Sportive
    MattM78..................Anti........89kg.......73.24.........Feb....SWRC....Commuter/sportive/tri
    Furrag....................Anti.........68kg......74:00.........Apr......KW.........Fitness/Fun
    NWLondoner...........Clock......61kg......77.56........Jan........??.........Fitness/Training

Thought I'd have a go on my TT bike tonight, started around 7:30pm. I had Nigel's time firmly in my mind, with 16:12 what I was looking to see after the first lap. My first lap was 16:09, so I thought I was in with a shot of beating his time, but I got horrendously held up on lap 2, took 16:46. Carried on anyway, and managed 16:25 for the last lap. The TT bike definitely doesn't help as much around the park as it does on a dual carriageway, but I think with more practice I could get faster at cornering on it and save a bit more time. And I think that answers Petromyzon's question about my 51:00, but I will add that I think I had very good conditions when I did that 51:00, I've had attempts since then where my times haven't been as fast with the same power.
  • Petromyzon
    Yep, that answers that question:) Great times, both! Do you lift off the tri-bars coming down Broomfield? Having never ridden a TT bike they sound scary.
  • TarmacExpert
    Petromyzon wrote:
    Yep, that answers that question:) Great times, both! Do you lift off the tri-bars coming down Broomfield? Having never ridden a TT bike they sound scary.
    I was on the outer bars down Broomfield, partly so I had access to brakes! After the sharp bend, though, I was back on the tri-bars, but it depended on what traffic I encountered. With a clear run it was possible to carry a very high speed all the way down there and across the roundabout at the bottom, but on lap 2 I had to come to a complete halt behind two cars that stopped at the roundabout, which they always seem to do, even when there's nothing in the way. I think I could definitely become better at the roundabouts at Richmond Gate and Kingston Gate with practice on the TT bike, I was limited by my handling skills today and felt I went round them a bit slower than I would on the road bike.
  • jibberjim
    Wasn't super fast wind either Steve? wonder what a true time difference would be as I think your 100seconds is definitely there on the low end of it.

shows again of course how much aero differences can make, although I see you put out more power too...
  • benjacobs
    benjacobs Posts: 2
    eyepea0...................Anti........80ishkg......48:41....Apr........LD.......1st cat
    TarmacExpert (TT)....Anti.........72kg......49:20.......May......KW.......AP 277W NP 293W
    benjacobs..............Anti.........68kg......50:03.......May......LD.......3rd cat
    TarmacExpert (road).Anti.........71kg......51:00......Apr.......KW.......AP 278W NP 288W
    theHAIRYleggedONE..Anti.......74kg......51:01.......Apr.....TeamFeat.Trigeek TT AvHR148

First stab at the RP3 and also first outing on a borrowed TT bike, crikey these things go fast! Park completely torn up at the top of Sawyers Hill this morning, not good.
  • TarmacExpert
    jibberjim wrote:
    Wasn't super fast wind either Steve? wonder what a true time difference would be as I think your 100seconds is definitely there on the low end of it.
    Definitely more difference than my 100 seconds due to being held up so much on the 2nd lap. The problem when you're on a TT bike is that the speed gain is greatest when you're travelling the fastest, but that is also the time when any holdups will have the biggest impact. As soon as you encounter a holdup, you're back down to exactly the same speed you'd be doing on a road bike, and it will take you quite some time to accelerate back up to the faster speed. Plus you won't be going any faster up the steepest bits, or round any tight corners, so you just don't get that much chance to sustain the higher speeds.
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    benjacobs wrote:

First stab at the RP3 and also first outing on a borrowed TT bike, crikey these things go fast! Park completely torn up at the top of Sawyers Hill this morning, not good.

Great time, well done.

I'm not surprised the roads are in a bad condition. The surface was terrible yesterday, I could see lines in the tar from the bikes ahead of me.
  • cjcp
    Road's in a bad state by the hump at the top of Broomfield, too.

@Ben - cracking time!
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Petromyzon
    Nice work Ben- good prep for Wales:)
  • caw35slr
    caw35slr Posts: 439
    Perfect conditions IMHO at lunchtime today: a nice Easterly-ish giving a shove from Roehampton to Richmond, peace but slow cars down from Pembroke Lodge, and mostly benign from Robin Hood to Roehampton.

Quite consistent: 20:55, 20:58 fading to a traffic-damaged 21:17. Oh, and well inside my PB. :D

benjacobs..............Anti.........68kg......50:03.......May......LD.......3rd cat
    caw35slr.................Anti
    97kg.......63:09.......May..... KW........Fitness/Sportive
  • Schobiedoo
    Schobiedoo Posts: 121
    I started road cycling in Feb and today was the first time I broke the hour mark. I'd set myself a goal of beating it by July and am totally stoked to have beaten it already.

Schobiedoo...........Anti........91kg......58:45.........May..................Sportive
    Neil Pryde Bura SL
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • Petromyzon
    Anyone who likes smashing it around RP could do worse than enter one of the Dynamo time trials! There is a specific category for road bikes (no aero wheels) so if you don't have a pimped out testing rig you can still be competitive:)

http://www.londondynamo.co.uk/forum/sho ... 587&page=4
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    First attempt on the new bike and i managed to shave nearly 3 mins off my time. Conditions were good. However, fitness was lagging this week and my weight is up (thanks beer), feel i could go a bit faster.

amnezia............Anti..........73kg.........56:38........May........N/A.......Commuter/Sportive
    Schobiedoo...........Anti........91kg......58:45.........May..................Sportive
  • jibberjim
    amnezia wrote:
    First attempt on the new bike and i managed to shave nearly 3 mins off my time. Conditions were good. However, fitness was lagging this week and my weight is up (thanks beer), feel i could go a bit faster.

They were good this morning? in my commute I sat on the wheel of someone who could well have been doing a 3LC (trek bike yellow top) and the headwind from Kingston gate to Roehampton was strong! Whilst it would've helped a bit up Sawyers, it was definitely slow on that long stretch!
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    jibberjim wrote:
    amnezia wrote:

They were good this morning? in my commute I sat on the wheel of someone who could well have been doing a 3LC (trek bike yellow top) and the headwind from Kingston gate to Roehampton was strong! Whilst it would've helped a bit up Sawyers, it was definitely slow on that long stretch!

I didn't find the wind all that bad.. i was there from 6am to 7am, maybe it picked up afterwards?
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    Petromyzon wrote:
    ..- getting dropped at Palace has been about the peak of my excitement so far!
    well done on your RP3Lap time. Sort out the technical bits of racing and Palace should be comfortable given your av power output. I think I'm more determined to get under 53 mins at RP than to win a 3rd cat race at the moment :wink: