Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,862
    edited January 2023
    pinno said:

So you need both the axles and the pedals?!

For the shimano ones you do yes, it's for people who want to stick with Shimano pedals, rather than the Look inspired ones that come as standard.

Shimano axles:

Full pedals with look cleats:

bobones said:

daniel_b said:

pinno said:

daniel_b said:

Irritatingly Sigma have the Assioma Duos down to £549.

4.2% tcb should bring it down to around £526.

£492 at Bike inn:
    More than happy to be wrong, but I have a feeling with Bikeinn you will also get hit for import duty and admin fees, which is my experience tend to bump stuff up by about 30%.
    They also charge a decent hit for postage I think.

P.S The Assiomas in normal format with them seem to be £559, it's the Shimano replacement axles that are £492, you still need a pair of shimano pedals to make them work as it were.
    Sigma have the same axles for £500, so with 4.2% cashback they would be ~£479.

You're wrong. All taxes are paid for at BikeInn. They really have some great deals on AXS stuff and they have stock of items no one else has. Delivery doesn't take too long either.
    That's great to know, but in this instance they are still more pricey than Sigma for both options after cashback and their postage costs are taken into account.
    I shopped with them in the past, and had no issues - admittedly it cost me a packet to send some items back with suitable insurance, but that's the risk/choice I took!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,029
    edited January 2023
    Some fairly good deals to be had in this Shimano "overstock" sale...

https://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-weekend-overstock-sale-280979/?sort=price-min

Includes 11-30 Shimano 8100 cassette for £70 (although for anyone that rides hilly routes I'd definitely suggest getting 11-34, especially with the tighter 12-speed sprocket jumps 11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-24-27-30-34T, but £105 at Merlin might not be the best price).
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Scicon seem to have 40% off all their bags for an unspecified amount of time: https://sciconsports.com/winter-sales

Is that pricing particularly good or can you usually do that well by shopping around? I’d quite like to swap to a Scicon bag this year but would ideally hold off the spend until late spring.
    Custom Albannach Torragar [BUILD IN PROGRESS]
    2020 Ribble CGR SL
    2019 Vitus Vitesse Evo CRS Disc
  • Some good looking wheel deals at Merlin this weekend https://www.merlincycles.com/weekend-wheel-sale-281273/
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • hpaul
    hpaul Posts: 114
    Guy selling those new perfetto ros 2 jackets on gumtree at £79. I've bought bibs from him before. Not sure how he gets them at that price, in light grey only. I was dubious the first I ordered but it's genuine stuff.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    edited January 2023
    There's some great looking prices for Rival and Force hydraulic shifters/calipers at planetx in their clearance section.

Well worth looking through the whole section, some bargain gloves/overshoes/lights etc. to be had.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    edited January 2023
    I got very close to deciding on getting a Garmin Edge 530 from Amazon for ~£188 over the weekend, only to find it has now gone up to ~£220! :disappointed:

Which brings me on to today's late posting of a "bargain" that's been on a few days apparently... "Special20" gets you 20% off selected Ebay sellers until tomorrow.
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/20-of-selected-sellers-with-code-selected-sellers-500-ps20-min-spend-ps60-max-discount-from-10am-2701-at-ebay-4076153

I'm not desperate for a GPS computer, so I will probably hold out for now, but I did come across an Ebay store in the promo with Garmins including the 530 https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=startfitness-outlet&store_cat=0&store_name=startfitness&_oac=1&_nkw=garmin

Making it ~£207 with promo code.

Anyone used Start Fitness, good or bad experiences?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    edited January 2023
    Never had any issues with startfitness, pretty big retailer by all accounts.

Never bought anything bigger from them than cycling clothing, shoes, sunglasses etc etc, but when I have had to return there were no issues.

Bummer on the 530 :(

You could stick a camelcamelcamel watch on it?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pmannion9
    pmannion9 Posts: 286
    Bought last bike from them - All good .
  • Yeah, I guess I could look into that, good idea. Given there are rumours a 540 will be released this year, there will surely be other 530 deals to clear old stock.

I do have Lezyne Super GPS, but the rubber over the buttons is very worn, but it's been hammered for ~5.5 years.

Thinking about cancelling my Strava Premium sub and I get the impression the Garmin GPS site is much better than Lezyne as regards ride analysis. Apparently https://intervals.icu/ now can do direct uploads, so I need to do a test to see what activity pages show including data from my road bike's 4iiii power meter.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    edited January 2023
    The 1030s came down to £299 eventually, though have popped back up since, to that was what a 40% discount.

If that was applied to the 530, you'd be looking at circa £160 before cashback.

Wiggle/CRC ended up being the only place that sold the 1030 for that much.

I think the Garmin connect site is pretty good to be fair, though I don't tend to utilise it.

EDIT: Looks live in November last year it dropped to £159.99 :-(
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B07RZ95D6L
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Defblade
    Defblade Posts: 142
    StartFitness have always been fine :)
    What they say arrives when they say; returns have always been processed no problems. And they gave me £30 refund without fussing when my bike arrived with very minor cosmetic scratches/rubbing on some high points (I asked if they had touch up paint available first... of course not, they're an end-of-line place not a main dealer, but it was a less demanding approach).
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    edited January 2023
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBHOLZAPRIV22/holdsworth-corsa-disc-sram-rival-22-carbon-road-bike ~£1k plus p&p medium/orange only left I think for limited quantity deal.
    Claimed room for 32mm tyres, even though chainstays 410mm, 5mm less than my Cube Attain that I've yet to fit anything bigger than 32mm.

Edit: https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Rondo/Mutt-AL-Disc-Road-Bike-2022/X66R?id=1547671 £999 for M or L

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    Castelli Alpha Ros jacket on sale at Wiggle/CRC.

Some colours and down from £320 to £128!
    Plus TCB for a few percent back as well.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • hpaul
    edited February 2023
    daniel_b said:

Cheers, I paid one £150 last week(because of this thread), I just got the difference refunded.

A rare occasion this thread makes me money. If I tallied up what's its cost me in recent months I'm certain I'd cry. Holding tears in thinking about it now actually
  • daniel_b
    hpaul said:

daniel_b said:

Cheers, I paid one £150 last week(because of this thread), I just got the difference refunded.

A rare occasion this thread makes me money. If I tallied up what's its cost me in recent months I'm certain I'd cry. Holding tears in thinking about it now actually
    Excellent news - last time I tried they refused to do so, and I had to return one and purchase a new one at the lower price. Lunacy really, with the extra processing and postage costs for them.
    Did you contact them on live chat, or by e-mail?
    And was it a refund or a credit?

My black and yellow one (Yes I know you'll be shocked by that colour choice) has remained at the same price, but wore it last weekend, and really pleased with it - great fit, and toasty and warm.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    hpaul said:

daniel_b said:

My wallet shivers every time I open this thread
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,618
    drhaggis said:

hpaul said:

daniel_b said:

I find emptying my wallet before opening this thread does the trick 😃
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • drhaggis said:

Your wallet needs a banana yellow scarf. ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    hpaul said:

I've been on this forum before this thread even started :D
    It's best no one knows any actual figures I do believe :#

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • hpaul
    edited February 2023
    Live chat, few minutes process. Money refunded into account.

I was contemplating changing for an xl but I know it'll be to big. Castelli stuff has become more "normal" size ways in recent months. I ordered xl light winter tights(another welcome suggestion from this thread🙄) in xl and I probably could of got away with large. That never would of happened a few years ago, in fact my perfetto is xxl. I just hope I'm hope I'm not falling between sizes as it's my favourite stuff.
  • daniel_b
    edited February 2023
    hpaul said:

Live chat, few minutes process. Money refunded into account.

I was contemplating changing for an xl but I know it'll be to big. Castelli stuff has become more "normal" size ways in recent months. I ordered xl light winter tights(another welcome suggestion from this thread🙄) in xl and I probably could of got away with large. That never would of happened a few years ago, in fact my perfetto is xxl. I just hope I'm hope I'm not falling between sizes as it's my favourite stuff.

Yep I have that worry too, Castelli has just kind of happened to end up being my main source of clothing items, especially with some suppliers out in the EU being way more expensive comparatively than they used to be :s

I read about the sizing change, but luckily for me the Ros 2 jacket seemed up to the job fit wise for what it's required for, but potentially more summer orientated kit may be awkward.

I'll be gutted if they change the sizing of their shorts, but from what you are saying it sounds like they might be.
    I've always fitted into the size small, hopefully if things are kind it will be a swap to xs.
    As you say though, if it's a half size shift, that's where things get really awkward, and another manufacturer may be required.

I love the Omloop knee length shorts, fantastic bit of kit, and I know there are a few fans of it on here, although it now no longer exists, but there's a nano version iirc.
    The progetto x2 pad works for me so well.
    Also with that pad I have some Chpt3 shorts, a couple of pairs of sorpasso tights, and a single pair of pro race aero bib shorts, which are one of my very favourites and tend to get saved for fast/blast rides.

If I had to turn to another manufacturer at a similar price point, it would likely be Giordana or Ale, as I know there kit fits me very well, and I believe the quality is on a par.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • hpaul
    Oddly I prefer the kiss pad, not wore the progetto enough to give a good review. Giordana is my second, Ale is a brand I always wanted to try. How to they fit? I'm normally a size bigger in castelli than giordana.

Guy sells giordana at decent money on ebay, though his prices have gone up lately. I've a good few bits of the frc stuff from him.
  • W12_Lad
    W12_Lad Posts: 184
    edited February 2023
    Finally, a proper bargain on chains.
    Merlin have Ultegra 11 speed HG701 for £15.95.
    Only the 110 link version.
    I now have enough for a good few years B)
  • daniel_b
    edited February 2023
    hpaul said:

Oddly I prefer the kiss pad, not wore the progetto enough to give a good review. Giordana is my second, Ale is a brand I always wanted to try. How to they fit? I'm normally a size bigger in castelli than giordana.

Guy sells giordana at decent money on ebay, though his prices have gone up lately. I've a good few bits of the frc stuff from him.

I tried the kiss pad and didn't get on with it at all, but we are all different - I know some of their fairly high end kit have them fitted, but it's all down to the individuals sit bones I guess.

Are you asking about Ale top and bibs, or just the bibs?

Ime, they pretty much size up identically to Castelli.
    I'm always a small in Castelli shorts, and exactly the same in Ale.
    Castelli jerseys 95% of the time I wear small, but a couple I have gone XS, probably due to the cut being different - the only anomaly was the btw suit that comes up MEGA small, and I had to go Medium, and still dislocate my shoulder to get in or out of it.

Ale jerseys might be a tiny bit larger than Castelli, but it's really marginal, again I am generally small, but have a couple that size up that bit more roomy in xs.

Giordana I wear small across the board, no exceptions - well apart from socks ;-)
    I have a ton of ex pro mitchelton scott kit and it's sublime quality, the FRC stuff is generally top drawer - the Ale equivalent I would say is PRR.
    I'd agree that Giordana size up slightly bigger than Castelli, but for me I think xs if they did it, would be too small.
    *Actually tell a lie, I have some of the Mitchelton Scott race jerseys in size XS, from what was proowned, but is now called CYKOM.

There are a couple of European sites that sometimes have some excellent deals, the oddly named Lord Gun Bicycles (Which I thought was some scam site for ages) but actually sends stuff really quickly, and also Keller Sports who are excellent - free returns too.
    UK wise, Wiggle/CRC used to stock Ale majorly, but I think it's more PBK now.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited February 2023
    ok, so not really a bargain by any stretch of the imagination, but if you are running 12 spd, and want some KMC chain bling, Merlin currently have the Red, Green and clearly superior Yellow chains for £74.99 - not long ago it was a battle to get them for less than £90.

Substandard shoddy red:

Reasonable (if a bit pea soup coloured) green:

Superior vibrant Yellow:

Halfords are trying to knock it out for the full £115 :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dhb-dorica-mtb-shoe-camo-eu39-48-ps2550-at-wiggle-4084666

Overnight they've been further reduced to £12.50.

Had a set in my spares box ~15 months, old shoes hanging on for dear life! Not sure if these had the cleat plate issue last year, or if it was the Dorika carbons.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    One for @daniel_b when I was looking at the shoe deal above these came up:
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dhb-dorica-mtb-shoe-camo-eu39-48-ps2550-at-wiggle-4084666
    You may already have some, but just in case you misplace one... ;)