Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,593
    Syncros RR2.0 saddle in this very beautiful black and yellow colourway, not one I normally go for, but I rather like it.

£70 down to £9.99!

https://chainreactioncycles.com/syncros-rr-2-0-saddle/rp-prod205048

I have the RR1.0 on my Foil, and it has really annoyed me, as it goes with the bike perfectly style and colourwise, and I have a Berk and a Fizik Arione 00 sat in the wings waiting to go on, BUT it's just too damned comfy :p
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,846
    Not a bargain as such, just a heads up for the 1% that aren't subscribed to their spam emails...

PlanetX announced today they are on Cyclescheme (again?).
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    edited May 2021
    In a post-Covid world of bike stock drought, thought it might be worth posting this XS frame only TT bike that showed up at the Halfords site this week...

https://www.halfords.com/bikes/road-bikes/boardman-elite-att-9.2-mens-road-bike---x-small-223260.html

Stack/reach of 493/386mm, seat tube (C-T?) of 500mm.

Given my road bike is 388mm reach and I use ~89.5cm pedal top to saddle top, could this TT bike fit, with a swap of the 90mm stem for something ~20mm longer?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    SIS appear to have at least 40% off everything until Monday I think.

Free postage over £40, and you also get a free pink Ineos bottle (Elite by the looks of it) for orders over £40 - I don't want the bottle, but my daughter will do :-)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited May 2021
    One for those looking ahead - Gripgrab Thermal LS base layer, £63 down to £20 - currently s/m and m/l in stock.

Topcashback as well.

Personally I've been really impressed with the quality of gripgrab gear.

https://chainreactioncycles.com/gripgrab-expert-seamless-thermal-base-layer-ls/rp-prod187928
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • the_rover
    the_rover Posts: 402
    edited May 2021
    Re the SIS stuff, I’ve found that it’s almost always cheaper on their eBay site with free postage even on low priced items. Comes direct from SIS.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    the_rover said:

Re the SIS stuff, I’ve found that it’s almost always cheaper on their eBay site with free postage even on low priced items. Comes direct from SIS.

What’s the eBay store called? I need a bunch for my up coming chase the sun event
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • daniel_b
    edited May 2021
    itboffin said:

the_rover said:

What’s the eBay store called?
    +1
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

the_rover said:

What’s the eBay store called?
    +1
    Have you tried eBay search? :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/scienceinsport?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Looks like them I think…
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • itboffin
    Found it and ordered but really much cheaper I’m sure gels used to be cheap
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    edited May 2021
    They were doing the six pack of basic ones orange flavour for £4 in Waitrose.
  • daniel_b
    edited May 2021
    I didn't see that much available on the ebay store - also annoying the BC 30 or 40% discount is no longer available, as you used to be able to stack.

I ordered some (48) of the Tiramisu bars - I find their ordinary energy bars, a bit dense to be honest.
    These ones worked out at 90p a pop, plus I nabbed the free water bottle for the not so littelun.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    edited June 2021
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/honeywell-ht900e1-turbo-fan-now-ps2599-at-amazon-3737515

Had one of these as a second turbo fan for ~2.5 years, decent. Small enough to stick on a desk if it stops raining as the summer returns too.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,147
    I think the Honeywell is a bit weedy for Turbo use, certainly on its own. This is a different league altogether:

https://www.cleva-uk.com/products/vacmaster-air-mover?variant=33097639886882&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnueFBhChARIsAPu3YkS2FYlA30pV-dSz5qCYtNaJGd30SFFrQr1a1KnTmf_sUAaGj7m8mS8aAiWmEALw_wcB

I got an Amazon warehouse deal for £60, you can sign up to their newsletter from the link I posted and get for £63 though.

Not really a bargain as normal price, but provides all the cooling you'll need on its own, and will end up cheaper than multiple fan set up which you'll need with Honeywell.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/honeywell-ht900e1-turbo-fan-now-ps2599-at-amazon-3737515

Had one of these as a second turbo fan for ~2.5 years, decent. Small enough to stick on a desk if it stops raining as the summer returns too.

These are really good but you deffo need more than 1 if possible.
  • bendip
    bendip Posts: 114
    Tell the stars I'm coming,
    make them leave a space for me;
    whether bones, or dust,
    or ashes once among them I'll be free
  • daniel_b
    edited June 2021

I think the Honeywell is a bit weedy for Turbo use, certainly on its own. This is a different league altogether:

https://www.cleva-uk.com/products/vacmaster-air-mover?variant=33097639886882&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnueFBhChARIsAPu3YkS2FYlA30pV-dSz5qCYtNaJGd30SFFrQr1a1KnTmf_sUAaGj7m8mS8aAiWmEALw_wcB

I got an Amazon warehouse deal for £60, you can sign up to their newsletter from the link I posted and get for £63 though.

Not really a bargain as normal price, but provides all the cooling you'll need on its own, and will end up cheaper than multiple fan set up which you'll need with Honeywell.

My pedestal fan just died, so splurged £90 on the one with the full remote.
    Installed, but not yet tested as weather is too nice.
    Initial impressions are good, though as expected the breadth of cooling is quite narrow.
    I still have my 18" floor fan for legs and lower body, this will be targeting face and upper body.

Re the honeywell fan posted, it's ok, and I bagged ine as a warehouse return from Amazon, but it would only serve as a secondary fan, unless you train in a fridge.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    I see Cleva have cottoned onto their new market. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    Odd isn't it, no size given, or any options/size guides. Bit of a leap for £310 delivered.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    daniel_b said:

Odd isn't it, no size given, or any options/size guides. Bit of a leap for £310 delivered.
    Yeah bit vague, but price looks decent for component spec.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • itboffin
    Why have base layers double in price?
  • daniel_b
    itboffin said:

Have you tried Merlin - they at least had some at reasonable prices in recent times.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I find it's much cheaper to buy base layers that aren't advertised as being for cycling e,g, for running.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • itboffin
    daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

Have you tried Merlin - they at least had some at reasonable prices in recent times.
    I paid £12 for dhb short sleeved they are now £22 for the same thing ???
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    itboffin said:

daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

They are currently ~£3 each more expensive than pre-Covid/Brexit, but the PlanetX range work for me, especially on the turbo. £8/10/13 for sleeveless, short sleeve, long sleeve respectively.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    itboffin said:

daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

Probably more for the other threads but I've had some kit lying in Stansted customs for 1-1/2 weeks and still pending. Buying ain't what it used to be. 🤬
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • daniel_b
    edited June 2021
    pblakeney said:

itboffin said:

daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

Probably more for the other threads but I've had some kit lying in Stansted customs for 1-1/2 weeks and still pending. Buying ain't what it used to be. 🤬
    ffs - where from?

@itboffin agreed - most of my meshy ones, Catellie, Ale and Morvelo have been circa £15 each.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    pblakeney said:

itboffin said:

daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

I’m so over online stock shortages and no shipping to the UK
  • itboffin

itboffin said:

daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

They are currently ~£3 each more expensive than pre-Covid/Brexit, but the PlanetX range work for me, especially on the turbo. £8/10/13 for sleeveless, short sleeve, long sleeve respectively.
    No they look reasonably priced what’s the sizing like, I’m a medium in every other brand