Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• This, I think is stonking value for money: https://www.wheelbase.co.uk/cannondale- ... -2017.html
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Quite pleased with my Aldi camera light thing. The footage is OK in the day and good if you ride in a group - attack on a hill and you'll see the grimaces as people try to hold your wheel.
    Battery life was nowhere near the 6 hours promised but that could be user error. I shall try again.
    Someone said it loops like the Fly6 ? It doesn't - so you'll need a bigger SD card. Or ride really fast.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Fenix wrote:
    Someone said it loops like the Fly6 ? It doesn't - so you'll need a bigger SD card. Or ride really fast.
    Mines been overwriting older files .. what's yours been doing?
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    It stopped before the 8Gb went full ! But according to the website = http://www.quesh.co.uk/products/?product_id=461

No continual loop record function available on this model.
  • d70ar9
    d70ar9 Posts: 139
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBOOPICKS ... cross-bike?

Looks a pretty good deal...Shame about the Avid brakes though
    'All that is solid melts into air' Marx and Engels
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Some good discounts at La Passione's Now or Never sale. Picked up some bibs, mid-season gloves and threw in some socks to get free delivery..

https://www.lapassione.cc/collections/now-or-never/
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Fenix wrote:
    It stopped before the 8Gb went full ! But according to the website = http://www.quesh.co.uk/products/?product_id=461

No continual loop record function available on this model.
    I wonder if that's in one go - my commute is 30-40 mins - so never going to fill a card - but I deliberately haven't cleared the card between rides and the older files have been overwritten once the card gets full ...

Fortunately, larger cards aren't expensive so it's not much to replace the 8Gb with something with a bit more storage.
  • Had a squiz the the PX dfs sale. Best thing I spotted was ceramic bsa bb (which would fit my tt bike) 21 quid delivered.

Anyone used one?
  • d70ar9 wrote:

I've run a set of Avid BB5s on my hardtail mtb for about 11 or 12 years.

Can't fault them, they've been excellent, virtually maintenance free, good stopping power and nice lever feel. If you can get over the snobbery they're perfectly fit for purpose.
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™
  • d70ar9
    d70ar9 Posts: 139
    d70ar9 wrote:

I've run a set of Avid BB5s on my hardtail mtb for about 11 or 12 years.

Can't fault them, they've been excellent, virtually maintenance free, good stopping power and nice lever feel. If you can get over the snobbery they're perfectly fit for purpose.

I absolutely hated my BB7s, they were a constant source of grief on my touring bike. Switching to Spyres made all the difference!
    'All that is solid melts into air' Marx and Engels
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A second hand 60cm Koga Kimera Premium with Ultegra Di2 for £10k and rising :shock:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162705524669
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee wrote:
    £10k and rising

At least it's listed for charity :)
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,588
    smashy%20n%20nicey.png~original
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • I didn't know this - if you have Strava Premium, you can get a code for $20 off a $100 wiggle order. Just got £15.71 off an order. https://www.strava.com/premium/perks
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    I didn't know this - if you have Strava Premium, you can get a code for $20 off a $100 wiggle order. Just got £15.71 off an order. https://www.strava.com/premium/perks

Nice - even works on a premium free trial!
    But I'm not going to spend 100 at wiggle... no, no no... no?
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • Garmin Forerunner 935 Tri Bundle is currently £499.98 at Wiggle... about £90 cheaper than anywhere else at the moment.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699

Yes?? Yes?... Yes.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    MrSweary wrote:

Yes?? Yes?... Yes.

Shussh
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • MrSweary wrote:

Yes?? Yes?... Yes.

Shussh

It's only 100USD you need to spend - after your increased platinum or gold discount. So basically it's £90 worth of stuff for £60. It's almost stupid not to.
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    Don't know how legal these are, but for commuters out there they may be useful...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nano-b ... 6#comments
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Why wouldn’t they be legal?
    Bigger problem for me is how visible they’d be from affixing to the front brake calliper...
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    DrLex wrote:
    Why wouldn’t they be legal?
    Bigger problem for me is how visible they’d be from affixing to the front brake calliper...

i think the main issue is that a driver doesn't see a red flashing light on the back of a bike and think that they are braking, don't really see what good they do.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • What's good jersey to wear over a base layer for early mornings and 5pm rides home? I've got a very warm Aldi top that's fits me well and is a perfect warmth for cold winter but top hot for another 2 months.

I'm 6'5"tall, slim-ish and don't want skin tight but not loose neither. Good pockets too. Budget is as cheap as possible. I've seen so many on Evans website including their FWE LTR jerseys. Are they any good?
  • Around here you would be happy if the light meant the coffin-dodging driver saw you at all... Apparently a 15 stone 6'5" man wearing a fluorescent jacket (the level of fluorescence that makes your eyes do a double take) astride a bike with both steady & flashing rear light is no guarantee of visibility...
  • Around here you would be happy if the light meant the coffin-dodging driver saw you at all... Apparently a 15 stone 6'5" man wearing a fluorescent jacket (the level of fluorescence that makes your eyes do a double take) astride a bike with both steady & flashing rear light is no guarantee of visibility...
    Off topic MoL but your my height and I'm only a bit lighter. Two points really your name isn't right IMHO second point, what jacket do you use this time of year?

Reason for asking, see my above post for jersey suggestions.
  • Off topic MoL but your my height and I'm only a bit lighter. Two points really your name isn't right IMHO second point, what jacket do you use this time of year?

No, trust me, it's right - generally I don't wear a jacket until it's well below 5°C (prefer to add base layer) - unless it's absolutely tipping down, then on goes the Endura Pakajak (or whatever it's called). Jacket wise, I tend to wear an Endura Roubaix jobbie (had it for so long I have no idea what it is...) but only in that niche between 5°C and there being ice on the roads...
  • Just searched for it and Evans s came up at £28 for men's. What's strange is the women's version costs £10 more. Usually women's stuff is sold for less I thought. Certainly in hiking clothes.
  • For a Pakajak? Evans is showing me £18 (Rutland & JEJames less)
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Off topic MoL but your my height and I'm only a bit lighter. Two points really your name isn't right IMHO second point, what jacket do you use this time of year?

No, trust me, it's right - generally I don't wear a jacket until it's well below 5°C (prefer to add base layer) - unless it's absolutely tipping down, then on goes the Endura Pakajak (or whatever it's called). Jacket wise, I tend to wear an Endura Roubaix jobbie (had it for so long I have no idea what it is...) but only in that niche between 5°C and there being ice on the roads...
    wtf am I then, i'm 6'5 and 16 stone!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    elbowloh wrote:

wtf am I then, i'm 6'5 and 16 stone!

A big lad.