Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Are the aldi neoprene gloves worth it compared to the winter gloves they sold last year?
    I've got 2 pairs of those unopened, and they were nice and warm if a little bulky.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    neoprene gloves are totally different to normal gloves. You will sweat profusely in them. They will be harder and less pleasant to take off/put on. They will smell funny (alot). But once on they stay pretty much comfortable regardless of the weather.

I have a set of the Endura version, which are identical to a Castelli version but cheaper. I have worn them maybe twice in 3-4 years. If riding alot in foul weather I think I would wear them alot. But in most other cases, other gloves are nicer to wear.
  • defever
    defever Posts: 171
    apreading wrote:
    neoprene gloves are totally different to normal gloves. You will sweat profusely in them. They will be harder and less pleasant to take off/put on. They will smell funny (alot). But once on they stay pretty much comfortable regardless of the weather.

Little trick with cleaning neoprene; non-alcohol mouthwash! What makes neoprene smell funky is the sweat and dead cells from skin that feed bacteria (very common to have stinky wetsuits and surf boots because of this). Mouthwash is not aggressive and gentle enough to breakdown the bacteria, just as they do in your mouth.

I don't know what the correct ratio but I used to fill 1/4 bathtub, pour 2x full caps of cheap mouthwash (non-alcohol!) and slosh / soak the wetsuit, boots and gloves for 10-20min. Rinse and they come out fresh! So maybe have a sink tub of water and ½ - 1 cap of mouthwash should do the trick for gloves?

If you're not precious with it or are few seasons old, then just chuck the gloves with ordinary wash (30-40C) inside-out. But they do wear out the glue seams and neoprene so don't put them in a wash if you're precious with them!

Happy cycling!
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,432
    Anyone interested in a 30% off Rapha code? Got a couple so pm me need to be used asap.
  • chrisǃ
    chrisǃ Posts: 67
    Anyone interested in a 30% off Rapha code? Got a couple so pm me need to be used asap.

I’m not sure if my PM has sent but please can I have a code? Thanks!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,576
    Chris! wrote:

Likewise, just pm'd you TTB!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Got one going spare myself, if anybody needs (WANTS) one.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Please. I'm sure I can find something that is absolutely essential if I take a while looking :mrgreen:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • twotoebenny
    Chris! wrote:

Code sent
  • twotoebenny
    Daniel B wrote:
    Chris! wrote:

Likewise, just pm'd you TTB!

Code sent, no more codes left
  • daniel_b
    dhope wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Please. I'm sure I can find something that is absolutely essential if I take a while looking :mrgreen:

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/search?text=ESSENTIAL

I shop with them a reasonable amount, and have NEVER been sent a code of any kind! :evil:
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Daniel B wrote:
    I shop with them a reasonable amount, and have NEVER been sent a code of any kind! :evil:
    Is there anyone you don't shop with a reasonable amount? :wink:
  • daniel_b
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    Is there anyone you don't shop with a reasonable amount? :wink:

Fair point, and well made.

Oh hang on, Sports Direct - there we go!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    If anyone else wants a code:

LCB-W849-7G21-3HG8
    LCB-WYX4-W4YY-7K72
    LCB-WXY3-X1Y7-MG9Y

Use by 8th. Post up if you’ve activated it.
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    used LCB-WXY3-X1Y7-MG9Y thanks for that.
  • d00g81
    d00g81 Posts: 18
    Used LCB-WYX4-W4YY-7K72
    Thanks for that .. winter gloves in the bag.
  • apreading
    Daniel B wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/search?text=ESSENTIAL

Perhaps you shop with them too much, and they cant afford the drop in income if you got a discount...!
  • apreading
    Wiggle Platinum discount increased to 17% off RRP (up from normal 12%) for a couple of weeks.

I am sure Dan will be at least a Platinum customer - or maybe he is a 'Double Diamond encrusted Platinum' customer?
  • daniel_b
    apreading wrote:
    Wiggle Platinum discount increased to 17% off RRP (up from normal 12%) for a couple of weeks.

I am sure Dan will be at least a Platinum customer - or maybe he is a 'Double Diamond encrusted Platinum' customer?

Cheeky! Basic platinumm having just checked, though I rarely get any use out of it!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    Has anyone ever used the "Wish" site for kit. It appeared in my timeline recently so I had a gander. Looks like decent kit being sold off, but I was unsure if the stuff is the real deal or just cheap versions
  • Mark__gti
    Mark__gti Posts: 177
    Used LCB-W849-7G21-3HG8,
    Core winter jacket and tights for £133! Cheers
  • daniel_b
    Tashman wrote:
    Has anyone ever used the "Wish" site for kit. It appeared in my timeline recently so I had a gander. Looks like decent kit being sold off, but I was unsure if the stuff is the real deal or just cheap versions

Cheap chinese knock offs to my eye?
    £89 down to £9 etc etc - looks like they think adding a requirement to login, might give it more credence and make people think it's a sport pursuit type of affair.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    Daniel B wrote:
    Tashman wrote:

Cheap chinese knock offs to my eye?
    £89 down to £9 etc etc - looks like they think adding a requirement to login, might give it more credence and make people think it's a sport pursuit type of affair.
    That was what I thought unless it was old s stock
  • JBVRV
    JBVRV Posts: 27
    Wish seems to sell all the same stuff that AliExpress does, or used to - I've noticed all the 'rapha' stuff has been taken off AliExpress. Maybe Wish is an attempt to beat the lawyers.
  • daniel_b
    Altura vest mesh base layer thing for £9.54, small/medium only

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0189G3KY4/ref=twister_dp_update?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Altura dry elite sock, fluro size large £3.88, or less with bc discount:
    http://www.halfords.com/cycling/cycling-clothing/cycling-socks/altura-dry-elite-socks
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    Galatzo wrote:
    Endura FS260 Pro SL Bibs £49.99 - Older/original variant but very nice shorts for £50 notes.
    Most variations but here's a link to regular leg and medium pad.
    https://www.rutlandcycling.com/clothing ... xed_382358

Wiggle are charging £59.99 and price matched mine, should be here in another couple of hours !

Picked up a pair of these, thanks for the heads up. Only been on a short ride so far but they're comfortable and seem good value for money. I chose the long leg option and they come up no longer than my assos shorts though, which are already shorter than I'd like. Can't imagine how short the regular length must be!
  • Halfords are offering certain cycling clothing at half price. Mostly boardman stuff from what I can see. I got a boardman waterproof jacket for £27.50. It might not be what you guys look at but for a commuter newbie sick of carrying a bulky non-cycling waterproof just in case might appreciate the chance to try out a cycling style waterproof cheaply.
  • https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/deals/fin ... =price-asc

"PRFINAL20" promo basket code for 20% off above prices.

Some great deals, such as 700x38c Marathon Cross for £10.40 each and 29x2.35 G-Ones for £16.80 each.

Worth a quick browse.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo