Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• fuelex
    fuelex Posts: 165
    Karrimor cycling jackets, hi viz or black with blue sides
    £12 from sports direct.
    Quality doesn't seem too bad at all for the price.
    Picked up an Orange one for the commute.
    They had some t-shirts and long sleeved tops for £6 too.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    fuelex wrote:
    £12 from sports direct.

You missed the boat a bit on these. They were 6 quid each before christmas. I bought 3 for 18. Check a few pages back on this very thread
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • fuelex
    fuelex wrote:
    £12 from sports direct.

You missed the boat a bit on these. They were 6 quid each before christmas. I bought 3 for 18. Check a few pages back on this very thread

Thought they might be but couldn't be arsed to read 17 pages !
    :D
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    fuelex wrote:
    £12 from sports direct.

my girlfriend bought one today these aren't the same jackets I think you're referring to. these are proper waterproofs not windbreakers.

it's certainly better than the karrimor hi-vis running jacket I got in a previous sale.

I picked up the last two pairs of M size padded cycling shorts for £6 today and a pair of running tights for £9 and padded cycling tights (size l) for £10. the tights aren't a patch on the padded shorts for quality though the pad in the cycling tights is rubbish. the shorts are ok. almost bought a pair of muddy fox bibshorts for £25 but something in me said even at 50% off they weren't a bargain.
    Hat + Beard
  • fuelex
    hatbeard wrote:
    fuelex wrote:
    £12 from sports direct.

my girlfriend bought one today these aren't the same jackets I think you're referring to. these are proper waterproofs not windbreakers.

it's certainly better than the karrimor hi-vis running jacket I got in a previous sale.

I picked up the last two pairs of M size padded cycling shorts for £6 today and a pair of running tights for £9 and padded cycling tights (size l) for £10. the tights aren't a patch on the padded shorts for quality though the pad in the cycling tights is rubbish. the shorts are ok. almost bought a pair of muddy fox bibshorts for £25 but something in me said even at 50% off they weren't a bargain.

Yeah mine is the waterproof one, (allegedly) reduced from £59.99

Looks ok, I'm going to give it a test ride in about 30 minutes time!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    Planet X have their 'VAT bill to pay' clearance sale on.

I advise giving your other halves custody of your credit card before clicking this link

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/clearan ... earance=on
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    edited January 2011
    Has this been done yet? Ribble has some pretty awesome discounts at the moment. 20% extra off everything. Too much to list but the missus is soon to be the proud owner of a Giordana Donna Silverline l/s top for just over £60.

Mens stuff is similarly priced. I'm sorely tempted but I have *enough* cycle gear at the moment. Ahem.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/

Beat that wiggle!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A Triathlon fruity at work just got a Carbon ribble for £800, ordered pre VAT rise, on its way now, as he had a £800 budget he deliberately massivley downspecced a couple of items making it cheaper to upgrade later than slight downspeccing a lot!

on-one and planet-x both have some good offers (MTB tyres at on-one are great value).

As for Wiggle, watch out as Superstar are now sending Haribo's in their orders!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Abus Diskus £55.24

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Abus-Diskus-Chain-Lock_3177.htm

(after I'd ordered for £59 at discountcycles - doh!)
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • hatbeard
    it's £47.99 at cyclestore

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDeta ... uctID=5469

8mm is not particularly sturdy for a chain though. lots of sturdier locks around for £50

http://www.parker-international.co.uk/6 ... gn=pid6773

^ thats twice the thickness.
    Hat + Beard
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    hatbeard dude you're going to do yourself a financial injury if you're not careful
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    itboffin wrote:
    hatbeard dude you're going to do yourself a financial injury if you're not careful

I've spent well over £1k on bike gear since joining this site. Damn you all!!!!!!!
    FCN 2 to 8
  • hatbeard
    itboffin wrote:
    it's not for me. I'm skint, was merely offering my bargain hunting skills. :D

anyways I have a pink pub bike to duct tape and some schwalbe marathons to fit on my tricross :P
    Hat + Beard
  • itboffin
    Mr Plum wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I've spent well over £1k on bike gear since joining this site. Damn you all!!!!!!!

Pah! the Guinness family have bought a MASSHOOF estate in the next village since I moved here, coincidence ??? I think not!

Ferkers, arse, feck!

Drink!!!!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    hatbeard wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

anyways I have a pink pub bike to duct tape and some schwalbe marathons to fit on my tricross :P

Have you considered using anti-climbing paint on the pub bike? thats guaranteed to stop peeps nicking it, oh and you riding it.
  • straas
    straas Posts: 338
    Garmin forerunner 305 for £107.50 at Amazon!
    FCN: 6
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    hatbeard wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Ahh smart idea. No one will want to buy a pink bike so I can snap it up cheap, cover it in duct tape and nobody will ever know :wink:
  • hatbeard
    JZed wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Ahh smart idea. No one will want to buy a pink bike so I can snap it up cheap, cover it in duct tape and nobody will ever know :wink:

it still has flashes of pink in the joints as I'm too lazy to do it properly plus i want it to look a little bit utilitarian, a lot crap and infinitely more unsellable.

once the new mudguards and grips go on I'll post some pics. :D
    Hat + Beard
  • redvee
    One of these for one of these. :-D :-D
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    redvee wrote:

How come?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • redvee
    redvee wrote:

How come?

Part of the work the charity I volunteer at is doing council Void jobs ala Grimefighters, this was from a job we did back in June where the tennant had passed away and the flat had a nice yellow shade to everything apart from the TV & stand whcih the local council has authorised us to dispose of. Too good to scrap, much better in my flat :D
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Big torque wrench from Lidl. Good for cassette lock rings and bottom brackets (does about 28 to 200nm I think. Actually looks pretty nicely made, comes in a decent case with extension and 3 sockets. £15. From yesterdays offers but there were only 3 left in my local shop when I went yesterday evening.

Won't post a link as Lidl just points you to postcode entry anyway.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • hatbeard
    Rolf F wrote:
    Big torque wrench from Lidl. Good for cassette lock rings and bottom brackets (does about 28 to 200nm I think. Actually looks pretty nicely made, comes in a decent case with extension and 3 sockets. £15. From yesterdays offers but there were only 3 left in my local shop when I went yesterday evening.

Won't post a link as Lidl just points you to postcode entry anyway.

that things huge! :lol:

bet you don't hear that very often
    Hat + Beard
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Rear light from Poundland. Can be mounted on the bike or clipped on the back of your helmet (like I've done) or clothes. Has 7 light patterns (instructions say 5 but it does 7). Works great.
    Also...
    Bike hooks for hanging your bike on the wall or suspending from beams etc.
    Front light but I haven't tested how effective that is yet.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Stupidly cheap wheels on planet-x for those of you with campag:
    http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/WPF ... her-wheels
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    hatbeard wrote:
    that things huge! :lol:

bet you don't hear that very often

As it happens, it isn't the first time I've heard that :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    JonGinge wrote:
    Stupidly cheap wheels on planet-x for those of you with campag:
    http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/WPF ... her-wheels

Yeah I saw these. Was thinking of getting a Ribble Gran Fondo frame, sticking these on, and stripping my old Bianchi of its Campag Record and having a Marmotte training bike to leave ooop North.

Alternative was this

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Bikes/Road+Bikes/Felt+Bikes/Felt+F75++Road+Bike_FELT-F75.htm
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    Ribble Frame Clearance (shop soiled etc)

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/assets/im ... ce2011.pdf
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!