The Crudcatcher Fat-Club

Comments

• guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    I don't actually want to lose weight..... I'm happy at 14st. I just want to change the fat to muscle so my aim is to reduce my keg to a 6 pack at the end of the year.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    lost 2.5 pounds this week, it's starting to pay off. woo hoo!! :D
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    98kg (again)
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    dropped about a pound, maybe 2....

Excerise - going well (about 150miles on the bikes since last friday - some of which was slogging through snow)

Diet - no so much - KFC zinger box last night!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • KFC Zinger Box......

droolinghomer712749gif.png
  • MacAndCheese
    KFC Zinger Box......

droolinghomer712749gif.png

Sorry, Probably shouldn't mention the spicy fried chicken goodness on the fat club thread ;)
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    doing well, still havent weighed myself, but certainly a visable difference and feel better inmyself too, been slogging my way through some snow but not had much in the way of long distance rides, so hopefully this weekend i will be able to knock out a few hours?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Okay, lets get this thing started...

1st Jan.
    Current weight: 13st 8lbs
    Target weight: 12st 6lbs

:D

Week 1 = 13st 8lbs. :(

Well, at least I haven't gained any...

Week2 = 13st 6lbs. :D

Lost 2lbs this week. Think I'll head off to Pizza Hut to celebrate.
    Height: 5' 8"
    Weight now: 13st 7lb

Target weight: Ideally under 11st, as I always was. Though I understand this is completely unrealistic in the short-term (maybe even in the long term, due to age :? ). But in the meantime I'll be concentrating on moving ahead week by week. 1lb here, 2lb there. Considering I've been a lazy bastard for the last couple of years, I'll be thinking more about losing 2st for now, which I think is reasonable. No target date though.

I'm joining in.
  • Age 38
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight now: 15st 7lb
    target weight: between 14st - 14st 5Ib
    by 1st april

week one: 15st - 4.6Ibs
    week two: 15st - 5.2Ibs
  • VWsurfbum
    still not weighed myself, but after this weekend there is definate visable change, the mrs even agrees!!!!! it was a real mental challenge at the weekend not to pig out and drink lots of beer!
    i'm getting ever closer to fitting in those fox shorts!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Wooliferkins
    98 again! How can you plateaux after 2kg!
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • VWsurfbum
    i failled it yesterday, stuck on the roads all day, i had to get some food.
    (i had a Maccy D's) hated myself and the food but i was desperate.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • El Capitano
    Okay, lets get this thing started...

1st Jan.
    Current weight: 13st 8lbs
    Target weight: 12st 6lbs

:D

Week 1 = 13st 8lbs. :(

Well, at least I haven't gained any...

Week2 = 13st 6lbs. :D

Lost 2lbs this week. Think I'll head off to Pizza Hut to celebrate.

Week 3 - 13st 9lbs!

Erm, WTF? I've eaten healthly this week and ridden over 50 miles commuting! :cry:
  • Its muscle.

Me, 15st 11lbs and on last nights night ride my belly kept switching off my lights.

Bad times.

Going running today though to loose bulk. Got a week of skiing next week so that should help with the leg muscles, although not so much in the weight loss dept.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Week 3 - 13st 9lbs!

Erm, WTF? I've eaten healthly this week and ridden over 50 miles commuting! :cry:

I get fluctuations like that usually depends on what time of the day you weigh and how much water your body is holding (retention).
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    I have seen little change in my weight since new years, so as of this morning I have extended my commute from 15 mins to 40mins :D
  • MacAndCheese
    This weeks going well - down 3 or 4 pounds to 13st 9lbs - cut out cake and puddings completely and commuted 18 miles (9 miles each way) a day. Feeling better for it.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Week 3 - 13st 9lbs!

I get fluctuations like that usually depends on what time of the day you weigh and how much water your body is holding (retention).

You know when old ladies can't fasten their slippers because of puffy ankles...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Week 3 - 13st 9lbs!

You know when old ladies can't fasten their slippers because of puffy ankles...

LOL. I asked my GP about that. He said no it happens across all ages. Then he started telling me how much a stored sh!t weighs etc etc etc. Then I got the bathroom scales are generally shite speech......I wish I hadn't bothered asking in the end tbh but his delivery is sublime.
  • Well, I have my plan sorted now...

I'll try to stay relatively healthy on food, but I get pretty mardy and depressed when hungry, so it's not a great way to lose weight.

The alternative is now in place.

Weekly schedule:
      Tuesday - Night ride 10-15miles. Wednesday - Pilates class. Thursday/Friday - Body pump class. Sunday - 2nd ride, some casual, some longer and faster, depending on group.

I'll do weigh ins after each pilates class at the gym.
    This week - 99.5kgs or 15st 9lbs.

Now bring on the dry weather to make the rides more pleasent!
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    been doing a reasonable amount of cycling/running & turbo trainer

Had lost a couple of lbs but felt tons better & then my mate came over from the states & I fear it may have gone very wrong :(
  • Righto - good news (and this has mostly been from laying off the beer since new year - drink one night a week now) still pretty much eating what I want (within reason)

2nd Jan = 14 stone exact

23 Jan = 13 stone 7 lb

7lbs in 3 weeks - YAY for me :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Righto - good news (and this has mostly been from laying off the beer since new year - drink one night a week now) still pretty much eating what I want (within reason)

2nd Jan = 14 stone exact

23 Jan = 13 stone 7 lb

7lbs in 3 weeks - YAY for me :D

well done!
  • Scales told me I lost a pound at the end of my first week. The scales aren't too accurate though so I'm not relying on them.
  • VWsurfbum
    i just measured the old belly, ive lost 4" (bloody hell) i knew i had lost a visable amount just not that much, still got a way to go but pretty happy so far.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Its muscle.

Me, 15st 11lbs and on last nights night ride my belly kept switching off my lights.

Bad times.

Going running today though to loose bulk. Got a week of skiing next week so that should help with the leg muscles, although not so much in the weight loss dept.

Been running a few times now and this mornings scales read 15st 9lbs.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • El Capitano
    Well done. I'll weigh myself on Friday, but I'm not holding my breath about any weight loss.
  • Wooliferkins
    97kg -1 :D
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Age 38
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight now: 15st 7lb
    target weight: between 14st - 14st 5Ib
    by 1st april

week one: 15st - 4.6Ibs
    week two: 15st - 5.2Ibs
    week three: 15st - 7Ibs wasn't a good week
    week four: 15st - 1.4Ibs

I wasn't best pleased with myself last Saturday. So thought i'd better knuckle down this week and i'm pretty happy with the result, but will now calm down on how much i lose a week.
    Hows everyone else doing