The Crudcatcher Fat-Club

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    well done on week 4!

My weight is only down a few pounds despite 9 hours excercise in the last week! (turbo trainer / road bike & running). :cry:
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Okay, lets get this thing started...

1st Jan.
    Current weight: 13st 8lbs
    Target weight: 12st 6lbs

:D

Week 1 = 13st 8lbs. :(

Well, at least I haven't gained any...

Week2 = 13st 6lbs. :D

Lost 2lbs this week. Think I'll head off to Pizza Hut to celebrate.

Week 3 - 13st 9lbs!

Erm, WTF? I've eaten healthly this week and ridden over 50 miles commuting! :cry:

Week4 - 13st 7lbs. Back on track. :D
  • I was 14 st 7 on Jan 1st.Today I`m 13st 11.
    Its surpising how much junk you can eat.
    Still eating well,just cutting out beer,crisps and pizza,and watching portion sizes.
    BMI is currently 26,so want to lose at least another 1/2 st.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • 97kg.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • BMI is currently 26,so want to lose at least another 1/2 st.
    Except BMI is a crock of sh!t.

I'm ''overweight'', supposedly... I'm 6'1'', and weigh 90kgs, however, I only have 30'' waist, and I do some kind of intense phys every day, most days twice a day. I'm fit, and pretty lean too.

If your athletic, it doesn't work... All the England rugby team would be between 'obese' and 'morbidly obese'... However I think they're fitter than the VAST majority of the population. Not to mention they're nutrition and phys programmes would be perfectly tailored for them....

I have no idea why we still use the stupid BMI scale.
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • 13st on the dot today! I have extra motivation at the moment though as it's my uncles wedding on the 13th and I'm damned if I'm buying a new suit which I would have had to if I'd kept my Christmas weight.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Except BMI is a crock of sh!t.

Agree - I am broad and have fairly muscular legs from all the cycling, I also have a huge head! (64cm dia)....but i'm only 5'7" so I meant to be between 10 and 11 stone I think- which is a joke!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Chaz:
    Because most people aren't athletes. If you are an athlete then you know if you're healthy or not, as well as if you're genuinely 'fat' as opposed to just being heavy due to muscle, so you probably won't be using the BMI.

However, if you're a lazy person who never does any sport, and you use it, it might be the kick up the backside you need to start doing something.

Macandcheese:
    I'm 5'11"-6' and 10 stone and that's 'normal' ,admittedly at the bottom end, so I imagine 5'7" would be less than 10-11 stone.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Ok, fair one on that... It's easy to get jaded, because I surround myself with folks who are very interested in phys, and keep in good shape. I'm not 'Mens-Health' cover material, but I'm probably far fitter and stronger than most of them. I'm just fcuk ugly and not super-ripped :lol:
    bails87 wrote:
    Macandcheese:
    I'm 5'11"-6' and 10 stone and that's 'normal' ,admittedly at the bottom end, so I imagine 5'7" would be less than 10-11 stone.
    Maybe for your build. But Macandcheese says he's a broad, muscular build. So he's gonna be heavier than (I assume) skinnier you, even at a shorter height.

If I was 11 stone-ish, I'd look like a freaking corpse!!!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • bails87
    Maybe for your build. But Macandcheese says he's a broad, muscular build. So he's gonna be heavier than (I assume) skinnier you, even at a shorter height.

Heh, I've met him, he's not skinnier than me! I am freakishly slim though, but my whole family is. My dad's nickname that his mates gave him when he was younger is 'porky pig' because he'd eat and eat and eat, but stay slim, I'm exactly the same. I eat all day, but it doesn't go anywhere.

EDIT: I misread that, thought you said "heavier and (i assume) skinnier than you".
    But yes, I know what you mean. Which is why the BMI is a range, not "20.0 is perfect, anything over is obese, anything under is malnourished". It's not perfect, but it's a good indicator for the relatively sedentary majority of the population.

The WiiFit called me underweight, but I wasn't worried about it. It's not like I eat a tiny amount and am all weak and feeble. I eat loads, I'm healthy and fit, I just naturally don't carry any extra weight and have got slim shoulders and a small waist, so I'd look stupid with huge muscly arms. Just like Macandcheese is naturally 'broader' so would look like a freak with my gangly legs :wink: (no offence!). At the end of the day, most people on the forum probably don't need to worry about their BMI. It's people who consider a five minute walk to be exercise who need it.
    MTB/CX

• Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    You just need to build plenty of exercise into your life - me and Mrs Matt cycle 13miles or run 4 miles every day (alternately) - the one at home looks after the boy. We run a busy company too.

I think anyone can build exercise into their lives - but it needs to be pushed every time - just get into that mentality and you are halfway there.

Going for a weight goal is hard and often pointless - what do you do when you get there? Relax, put the weight back on and battle again.

Just exercise as a way of life, eat sensibly (I cannot recommend a weekly veg box enough to help improve any diet) and it'll follow.

Yo yoing around false numbers is just a folly.
  • Surf-Matt wrote:
    Unless you're a weight-catagory sportsman/woman :wink:

I know what you mean though - you should aim to be healthy, fit and strong. Weight loss is a bonus, but being lean and muscular is obviously better than being flabby, but at your target weight! 8)
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • bails87
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    Going for a weight goal is hard and often pointless - what do you do when you get there? Relax, put the weight back on and battle again.

Just exercise as a way of life, eat sensibly (I cannot recommend a weekly veg box enough to help improve any diet) and it'll follow.

+1.

I know a lot of people aren't as lucky as me in that they have to keep an eye one what they eat. But I'm also lucky in that I genuinely like fruit and veg. I'd rather have a nice stir fry than a chip-shop kebab, I know that's not mega healthy, but it tastes nicer than a tofu and soy bean salad, but isn't exactly an artery clogger.

I remember a few threads where people have said "I've started biking but now I'm putting on weight". If you're losing flab on the belly, but gaining muscle and are fitter, does it really matter if you're 2 pounds heavier especially when you look and feel better?

Sorry to have stolen the thread btw! :oops:
    MTB/CX

• Surf-Matt
    Chaz - I'm almost 12 stone - just into "overweight" (5'8")- now that could mean I'm a bit of a porker or just a bit athletic. With a bf of under 9% I'm pretty certain it's the latter but it does show how silly weight "numbers" are.
  • bails87
    Surf-Matt
    Lard-arse!

:wink::lol::D
    MTB/CX

• Surf-Matt
    bails87 wrote:
    Surf-Matt
    Lard-ars*!

:wink::lol::D

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

:wink:

:lol::lol:
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    I think anyone can build exercise into their lives - but it needs to be pushed every time - just get into that mentality and you are halfway there.

This is where I'm up to. Taking it to the next level and funnily enough it started this morning. I'm starting doing the usual loop twice because I knew once just wasn't doing it for me any more - which is good in way. But twice round and I'm shagged I can tell you. 8)
  • You cant use BMI on its own, it is affected by other factors. I have a fab memory of a butchers dog of a mate when I was in the military. At the time the quacks used BMI alone. Into the Docs office strolls 5' 10" 15 stone chap who runs 6 miles every day, bench presses small African nations and plays club rugby in and out of the mob
    DOC: CPL *********** by my measurement you are overweight and need to lose some pounds.
    CPL Y; (removing shirt and heading for waistband) If you say so Ma'am, where do you suggest I should lose it from?
    DOC: Err, If, And, But..... OK Cpl you can get dressed now...............................
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • OK, I'd like to have a go at this, however, I don't have any scales in my house, so don't know my exact weight. I'll try and buy some soon.
    However, as a guestimate:
    Height: 5'10 ish
    Weight now: 13st ish
    Target Weight: 11st 7lbs ish
    Waist Now: 35"
    Target Waist: 34"

I think I'd really like to get into 34" trousers easily rather than have to buy 36" and buy a belt to go with them.

I bought some scales today :D
    Weight now: 13st 5 (85kg)
    Target weight: 11st (70kg ish)
    Waist Now: 35"
    Target Waist: 32"

I've adapted it slightly from the original because I believe I can do it. It's going to take a lot, but I'm really determined to reach my goal. My time limit, well, end of summer would be great, but Christmas is probably more realistic. And i'm more bothered about the waist than the weight as I plan on building myself back up a bit. We shall see...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    this is the first time in god knows how many years that my diet/weight loss program has lasted past the end of january!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    Current weight 68 kg :)
    Target weight 70kg :D
    Waist 15 years ago 31".
    Waist 3 years ago 33" now back to 31-32"
    Thats all, now I'm off to the gym.
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • VWSurfbum wrote:
    this is the first time in god knows how many years that my diet/weight loss program has lasted past the end of january!

Me too! Think I may have managed to make a decent change to mine set on some things (for example I walked passed the bakery today and just though "meh" instead of "I'll get me one of those!" ) so hopefully it will stick better this time.... 13st exactly now...
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • VWsurfbum
    Yeah, i dunno whats different now, ive hardly had any crisps or chocolate.
    maybe i have actually changed? and a little more motivation as the race series that i did last year has expanded from 3 races to 6!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Age 38
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight now: 15st 7lb
    target weight: between 14st - 14st 5Ib
    by 1st april

week one: 15st - 4.6Ibs
    week two: 15st - 5.2Ibs
    week three: 15st - 7Ibs wasn't a good week
    week four: 15st - 1.4Ibs
    week five: 15st - 1 Ibs
    week six: 14st - 12Ibs

:D:D First time i've been under 15st since i was 31 :D:D
  • VWsurfbum
    i went out today for a ride, i was tired and worn out in no time at all, i can only put it down to my diet, i have been out rididng but not reall pushed myself until today, and i sucked!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Age 38
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight now: 15st 7lb
    target weight: between 14st - 14st 5Ib
    by 1st april

week one: 15st - 4.6Ibs
    week two: 15st - 5.2Ibs
    week three: 15st - 7Ibs wasn't a good week
    week four: 15st - 1.4Ibs
    week five: 15st - 1 Ibs
    week six: 14st - 12Ibs
    Week seven: 14st - 12Ibs
  • VWsurfbum
    well done glenn!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    So how are you all doing?
    Race season starts for me on the 2nd of may and i have halfway achieved what i wanted to, i can get in my new shorts and my staminer/speed has increased
    i'm definatly eating better and have discovered what foods work and what ones dont for me. i'm looking forward to this years racing rather than last year (which was my first year) where i was kind of dreading it.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    TBH, I'm struggling with this. I'm currently 13st 6lbs, which means I've lost a grand total of 3lbs since Christmas. :(

Problem I have, is that if I cut out the carbs and eat salad and healthy stuffs, my blood sugar levels plummet to a level where it's unsafe for me to exercise/train. If I'm eating the correct foods for me to be able to ride/exercise/train, I don't loose any weight.

Sucks really, but I'd rather be riding and a tad overwieght than being skinny...
  • VWsurfbum

I'd rather be riding and a tad overwieght than being skinny...
    this
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty