The Crudcatcher Fat-Club

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    704, must be a lot of water in it lol.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    £500 for that? is that the one you have? my raly was 'only' £260, but it was terrible - one of the brake levers snapped when i breaked.
    it was £500 newin about 2002. i bought it with upgrades for £75 and upgraded a few things
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Okay, lets get this thing started...

1st Jan.
    Current weight: 13st 8lbs
    Target weight: 12st 6lbs

:D
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Current Weight: 16st 5lb
    Target Weight: 14st 0lb (this is a long term target BTW. :D )
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Heres some food for though (pardon the pun), according to the Daily Fail - Mountain Biking burns 250 calories every 17 minutes. So why are you lot so morbidly obese eh?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    missmarple wrote:
    Heres some food for though (pardon the pun), according to the Daily Fail - Mountain Biking burns 250 calories every 17 minutes. So why are you lot so morbidly obese eh?
    Seeing what (and how much) mountain bikers eat before, after and during a ride should explain that...
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Over the last 12 months I've got rid of a stone of surplus shite and I'm pretty much down to the weight I feel most comfortable 14 stone 4 lbs ish and I've managed to burn a shed load of body fat with that through interval training during rides. Objective for this year is to stay as I am, keep doing what I'm doing.
    whyamihere wrote:
    missmarple wrote:
    Seeing what (and how much) mountain bikers eat before, after and during a ride should explain that...

And therein lies the key.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    whyamihere wrote:
    missmarple wrote:

Yep, mountain biking is just the art of eating vast quantities of sweets and cake whilst muddy.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Most MTBers don't actually mountain bike - especially Orange owners. They drive to trail centres, park up their bike outside the cafe so everyone can see it, sneer at those with sub 1k bikes, eat lots of food, then pack up and drive home.

Start weight 12.5 stone.
    Target 11.5 stone.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    supersonic wrote:
    Most MTBers don't actually mountain bike - especially Orange owners. They drive to trail centres, park up their bike outside the cafe so everyone can see it, sneer at those with sub 1k bikes, eat lots of food, then pack up and drive home.

Start weight 12.5 stone.
    Target 11.5 stone.

Very true.
  • not sure my exact weight (scared of the the scales) but rough guessbased on last weighing i would say 22stone'ish would be nice to get to around 18 by the end of 2010

8) (nice to dream)

"yes im a big f*#ker but not many ppl this heavy do 5-7 mile rides 3-4 times a week"
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    Ok... here goes my weigh in...

Age 46
    Height; 5' 10"
    Weight now: 12st 6lb
    target weight: anything under 12st.

I'll add my lads in as well as he's wanting to lose weight.
    Age 17
    Height; 5'11"
    Weight now: 13st 11lb
    Target: 12st
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Not the best start, no cycling & a great dinner out at the pub (Father in Laws birthday).

Will try & get out today on the Orange - but not at a trail centre, does that mean I am using it wrong :)
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    supersonic wrote:

Start weight 12.5 stone.
    Target 11.5 stone.
    you just screwed your new years resolution on the first day :lol:
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Just weighed myself ... 15 stone dead on !

Saying that im 6 foot 5 and got a few muscles from throwing boxes around for 8 hours a day ! Would like to get back to 14 and a half stone though ...

So whos for some cream cakes ? :lol:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Thinking about it; we would do much better trying to achieve a smaller waist size, I haven't lost any weight since I started commuting on the bike to work everyday and MTB'ing at the weekend, but my trousers are getting looser and everyone keeps telling me I have lost weight :lol:
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Today is the day i start.
    waist is the bit i'm going for as i dont have any scales and i dont want any,
    Waist size now a tight 36".
    target a loose 34"
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • 35 years old

Height: 5' 11"

Current weight: 14 stone

Target weight: 12.5 stone

1.5 stone to lose......... :wink:
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    34 years old.

5'8", around 11.5 stone.

Waist - around 30".

Target weight - around 11.5 stone.

Handy. :wink:
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Little late as no tinterweb over the new year. Scales worked, 100kg on Jan 1st. :shock: Damn the God daughters Wii fit!!!!!!!!
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • stomith
    stomith Posts: 332
    missmarple wrote:
    I'm 6ft and 10.5 stone. :D Unlucky fatties.

I have a chimney that needs cleaning....would you mind? :)

I'll commit to getting my BMI out of the Overweight area and back into Normal, where it should bloody be if it wasn't for those pesky kids.
  • stomith
    stomith Posts: 332
    What's the first rule of Fat-Club?
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    dont eat cake,
    the second rule of fat club is we dont talk about fat club (on other forum boards anyway)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    right, i weighed today on our calibrated scales in work and i'm officially 94.6kg - i think that's about 14stone 8lbs (i'm a real fat bastard aren't i)

i want to lose at least a stone by the 21st march for my holiday so i'd better get to it :D
  • balls... my "lets lose weight" idea hasn't gone too well so far..... really regretting not riding this morning :(
  • welshkev
    bigbenj: give us a shout next time your down this way and fancy a ride. i take it you still go to barry/dinas or wherever it was :D we'll try and lose some of the weight at cwmcarn or afan :D
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    welshkev wrote:
    bigbenj: give us a shout next time your down this way and fancy a ride. i take it you still go to barry/dinas or wherever it was :D we'll try and lose some of the weight at cwmcarn or afan :D

I'm also up for some of this. (I live in Barry).
  • I'm also up for some of this. (I live in Barry).
    Barry Chuckle?
    barry_chuckle.jpg
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

I'm also up for some of this. (I live in Barry).

cool, the more the merrier. i actually work on penarth road so if it's just a quick blast to burn some calories we could always just go from there :D
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    OP- I need to do this, I started eating Christmas eve and have only just stopped, plus had "man-flu" over Christmas break so didn't get out and ride much.

Current weight - 14st (at only 5'7" tall that makes me a fatty!)
    Desired weight - 12st (by May the 15th)
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160