The Crudcatcher Fat-Club

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    how do you make yourself taller? sleeping upside down with your feet clamped to the celing?
    I built myself a streching machine :lol:
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    maybe if i use one too, by the time i'm 7 foot i'll be the ideal weight!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • jay12
    I'm with jay on this one, but i think it should be a get heavier and taller club as i'm 7 stone/44 kg and 5 foot 1/155cm
    my aim is 5 foot 5 and 8 stone by this time next year
    Bring on the food and mtbing!
    i'v been blking since start of the month.
    my daily meals:
    breakfast
    snack
    lunch
    snack
    tea
    snack
    evening meal

drinks:
    milk
    pepsi
    water
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    I put on about half a stone over christmas, but haven't got much taller since i haven't used my medieval stretching torture machine thing enough
  • VWsurfbum
    can i ask how old you are?
    i trained a guy who was a 18 and 7st weaklin and with right protein intake and diet he ended up being awesomly ripped and built!
    i was very jelous
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • jay12
    I put on about half a stone over christmas, but haven't got much taller since i haven't used my medieval stretching torture machine thing enough
    my breaks alot. i need to upgrade the rope and rebuild a few parts
  • jay12
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    can i ask how old you are?
    i trained a guy who was a 18 and 7st weaklin and with right protein intake and diet he ended up being awesomly ripped and built!
    i was very jelous
    i'm 13(14 in march)
  • VWsurfbum
    ah a bit more natrual growing to be done before hitting the protein shakes then!
    oh and stay away from the beer, it maybe fun, but it hits the tum!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • JamesBrckmn
    i'm 13 and 4 months vwsurfbum.
    jay12, mine works fine, but sleeping upside down with my feet clamped to the ceiling doesn't work so well for me because i have a bunkbed, so it would just be like normal, but with my feet in the air, and if i don't dangle over my bed it hurts when i get up.
  • jay12
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    ah a bit more natrual growing to be done before hitting the protein shakes then!
    oh and stay away from the beer, it maybe fun, but it hits the tum!
    yeah :) when i'm older i'll be going to the gym as my brother does and put on about half a stone and has lots of muscle and now he beats me up all the time :(
  • JamesBrckmn
    me too, the college that i'm going to in 3 years is a minute walk away and has a really good gym, so i'll use that all the time
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Hmm what can i say i used to be 115-120 kg which is what 17-18st, anyway best way to lose weight ,it's quite simple lots of fruit n veg and fresh air.

Stop nibbling on those biscuits that pizza those greasy burgers yes ok they're nice but no substitute for proper food and you'll feel better for it.

Dazza

Currently a svelt 80kg. ;)
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • VWsurfbum
    well done dazza!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • best way i found, lost half a stone by just reducing portion intakes. Didn't really do much exercise, a couple of pushups and weights here and there.

Admittedly it was over the course of about 3 months but i blame that on no exercise, didnt have my bike and couldnt really be bothered. This term im stepping it up.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    I've just done a simillar one on a Motorbike forum.

I was 19 10 a few years ago. After a lot of effort i dropped to 15 4 average. This target from Sept was 15 0.

I now weigh 14 0 instead.

I won't join in next year as my target is only 13 7 really for the year so i think that's quite viable.

Best of luck to all though.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    I need to drop about 10kg before HONC. Shouldn't be hard, I'm a sodding lardy lump at the moment.
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    well done dazza!

Thanks, you should have seen the look on liz's face, her hubby owns my lbs.

Jaw hitting the floor pretty much summed it up, she hasn't seen me out and about for four months. :lol:

She works in the trail cafe i usually hang around, and a good gaff it is. ;)

Point being if i can achieve is at 35 so can anyone else just depends on your motivation. :D
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • JamesBrckmn
    Well done Dazza
    that's quite an achievement

jay12 wrote:
    when i'm older i'll be going to the gym as my brother does and put on about half a stone and has lots of muscle and now he beats me up all the time Sad
    i'd of thought you'd be quite strong anyway from pedalliing that lump of sh1t and hi-ten steel around :lol:
  • Yep, I'm in! Good idea El Cap.

At 6'5", I tend to gain weight without really noticing to start with. A few years ago I rowed quite seriously ( about 12 - 20 hours a week ) and was a happy 90kgs. Then I stopped, didn't pay attention, and a few years later I was 114 kgs. And that was a bit of a shock!

18 months ago we got a dog, and that helped me shed a couple of stone very quickly! A collie crossed with springer spaniel and whippet takes quite a bit of exercising!

Now I'm about 96 - 100kgs, depending on time of year and effort. I'd like to get down to low 90's, not to hit any particular weight, but because that's when the waistline muffin-top disappears!

That's part of the reason I'm after building a single speed. I've burnt all the fat off my legs, now I need to spend some time out of the saddle in order to do upper body stuff.

Anyway, I'll be weighing in on New Year's Day! What's the plan? Updates every saturday morning?
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • jay12
    jay12 wrote:
    when i'm older i'll be going to the gym as my brother does and put on about half a stone and has lots of muscle and now he beats me up all the time Sad
    i'd of thought you'd be quite strong anyway from pedalliing that lump of sh1t and hi-ten steel around :lol:
    i can kick good but not punch very hard. he is a roadie and sometimes does mtb so he's got musccle from that too. it's not actually steel, it's aluminum but your right on the lump of sh1t bit :wink:
  • JamesBrckmn
    edited December 2009
    Now theres something strange - a roadie that can throw a punch.. i though they were all sissies.
    Really? alu? i used to have a raliegh flair ht, so i know about the lump of shite bit too
  • jay12
    Really? alu? i used to have a raliegh flair ht, so i know about the lump of shite bit too
    it's poor quality,heavy alu though
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    I found the easiest way to loose weight after Xmas is 30mins on the loo. Christmas pudding is very dense stuff...

Would love to take part but I have tried loosing (and gaining) weight and it simply doesn't work. My body seems to level out at the same weight all the time...but have fun fatties
    Not really active
  • JamesBrckmn
    i see. how did you know? it's just i was wondering what my raliegh was (yes i know it's a pile of crap, i meant what material)
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i'm 5'10" and 13st4 i just wanna tone up a bit and put on a little more upper body muscle

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • jay12
    i see. how did you know? it's just i was wondering what my raliegh was (yes i know it's a pile of crap, i meant what material)
    http://www.malleys.co.uk/bike/thebikes/bikes2001/alona.htm
  • JamesBrckmn
    £500 for that? is that the one you have? my raly was 'only' £260, but it was terrible - one of the brake levers snapped when i breaked.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    SOooooo....

My plan is to reduce my net calories by 5000 per week. This is about 1.5lbs of fat.

Have 10 pints less per week = 1800 calories
    2 hours more moderate exercise = 1200 calories
    Don't have the giant pizzas before I go to bed, usually 3 times a week = a f*ck load.

That should do it.
  • Hmm, that pie you just mentioned probably isn't a good idea either.......... :(
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Well, we have to start somewhere hehe. I shall just check the calories...