The Crudcatcher Fat-Club

Comments

• LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    my missus has just shown me this website

http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/

it's an advanced calorie counter that let's you input exactly what food you have had throughout the day, how much booze you have drank, how much exercise etc.. and tells you how many calories you have had.
    You can set targets for weight loss, fitness etc.. and it will give you targets to achieve or maximum calories not to excede.

Okay it's not free but it's only about £5 a month and its very impressive

.....worth a look if you want some help organising or documenting your weight loss / fitness goals :lol:
  • Age 38
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight now: 15st 7lb
    target weight: between 14st - 14st 5Ib
    by 1st april
  • Okay... Age: 31
    Height: 6'5"
    Weight now: 15st 6lbs
    Target Weight: Hmm, not sure, probably 15st 2lbs. Not under 15 st really. It's the spare tyre I need to get rid of, not weight.

Harder to quantify, but maybe I should work on a waist measurement instead...
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Did an hour on the exercise bike this evening, burnt 800 calories. :D
  • I'll do it. 104kg looking to get down to about 90kg (I'm 6'2)....shall post
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • May as well join this too:

Weight now: 10st 8lbs
    Target weight: 11st 10lbs
    Waist: 30"
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    my holiday has now been brought forward a month to feb 21st. now i really need to get to it - 7 weeks to lose a stone? possible? :?
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    welshkev wrote:
    my holiday has now been brought forward a month to feb 21st. now i really need to get to it - 7 weeks to lose a stone? possible? :?

2 and bit pounds a weeks is possible with effort (or self-control in my case). I read somewhere that the maximum for a healthy diet (not starve yourself or something silly) is about 4 pounds a week.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Peripheral wrote:
    May as well join this too:

Weight now: 10st 8lbs
    Target weight: 11st 10lbs
    Waist: 30"
    i hate you.

Ok thats a little strong, but i wish i was 19 over 6 foot and not overweight! :D
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • OK, I'd like to have a go at this, however, I don't have any scales in my house, so don't know my exact weight. I'll try and buy some soon.
    However, as a guestimate:
    Height: 5'10 ish
    Weight now: 13st ish
    Target Weight: 11st 7lbs ish
    Waist Now: 35"
    Target Waist: 34"

I think I'd really like to get into 34" trousers easily rather than have to buy 36" and buy a belt to go with them.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Lots of fat bar stewards on here. I thought MTBer were all super fit? :wink::lol::lol:
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

2 and bit pounds a weeks is possible with effort (or self-control in my case). I read somewhere that the maximum for a healthy diet (not starve yourself or something silly) is about 4 pounds a week.

hard work and self control are in order i think :D i'm off to the gym after work to sweat it on the bike and treadmill for an hour :lol: then have some lettuce for supper :lol:
  • I'm in,

age 38

hieght 6ft 1"

wieght 16st 8lbs

(was 18st 8lbs in march so already got the ball rolling)

target wieght 15 st (ish) by april

out on the bike every other weekend 15 - 20 miles

Gym once a week for 2 hrs

Herbalife shakes (and protien powder) morning and lunchtime. normal meal in evening.

seems to be working using these methods so far but got a feeling i'm at the stage where i'm adding muscle mass thats slowing down the wieght loss.....
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • VWsurfbum
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    Lots of fat bar stewards on here. I thought MTBer were all super fit? :wink::lol::lol:
    nah its a mith!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • age 24
    height 5'11"
    weight 13 3/4stone
    would rather like to lose my current pot belly but keep roughly the same weight as i play rugby and have spent a small fortune on getting my forks and shocks set up for my current weight :oops:
    one by one my penguins will steal your sanity
  • VWSurfbum wrote:
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    nah its a mith!

It is pretty true... but only for the bottom 40% of everyone! There's barely an ounce of fat anywhere on my thighs or calves.... :oops:
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • VWsurfbum
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    nah its a mith!

It is pretty true... but only for the bottom 40% of everyone! There's barely an ounce of fat anywhere on my thighs or calves.... :oops:
    Ha Ha that is very true, my legs and backside would fetch a small fortune in a butchers!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Been to docs for a checkup today.

Height: 183cm (6ft)
    Weight: 105kg (approx 16.5st)

According to the docs chart, I should be just under 12st, which made me lol. Apparently these charts are mainly based on heart health and are calculated my using height and weight to establish how hard the heart will need to work to move blood round the body. As a result they tend to become rather unrealistic the taller you are

Doc reckons that 90kg (14st) is a more sensible weight and would be best achieved by cutting back on my 2 main weaknesses (fizzy pop and chocolate).

Currently drink FAAAAAR too much pop due to it being free at work. Often go through 2-3 cans of full fat coke per day. Will substitute that with water or something.

Need to cut back on chocolate too. Can quite easily go through a big bar in a week, it's something that started when I quit smoking a couple of years back.

Other than that, maybe smaller portions at meal times, and not finishing off what the kids leave.
  • VWsurfbum
    well i'm doing ok,
    3 days in and i didnt realise how much i snacked until you stop it completely!
    i think come the weekend with no beer, chocolate or a takeaway the wife will be either getting on my nerves or me on hers!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • MacAndCheese
    I failed on the first couple of days this week, work took us out for lunch on monday and the pasty shop tempted me yesterday, but today is going well, plus a long ride planned for saturday!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • I'm off to a flying start. Got the entire week off, had a ride on Sun, another yesterday, having another tomorrow and one more on Sat. All the Christmas choc has gone and I've not bought any more.

I Don't really drink so don't need to worry about cutting back in that dept.
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    Need to cut back on chocolate too. Can quite easily go through a big bar in a week

how big is this bar??? i could go through a large bar a night.......i wouldn't worry about 1 a week..... :wink:
  • Biiiiiiiiiig bar, the biggest one. Pretty much every week too :oops:
  • El Capitano
    Managed an hour (in the snow) on the Coiler yesterday, then a 2 hours walk (in the snow) and then an hour on the exercise bike (not in the snow). I'd forgotten to take my insulin in the morning and exercise keeps my blood/sugar levels down. I also didn't eat that much yesterday, but for some reason, I seem to be making up for that today. Weigh in tomorrow should be interesting...
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Week1
    Weight 98kg
    Change -2
    Original weight taken in the evening on a Wii fit so food and clothing was a variable. Todays in the intended environment. In the morning post loo pre food (TMD sorry) in me undies.
    Hm what a lovely picture.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • welshkev
    i did good up until yesterday and the missus brought home pizza!!! but i went tyo the gym this morning before work today and spent 45 mins on the bike.

cutting down on the snacking and changing the portions of my meals seems to be making a difference aswell :D
  • VWsurfbum
    this non snacking and eating smaller portions got to me last night, i resisted mind, but the dog was looking at me as if to say"dont eat me!"

he was right to be worried, i could of eaten a scabby horse!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • El Capitano
    Okay, lets get this thing started...

1st Jan.
    Current weight: 13st 8lbs
    Target weight: 12st 6lbs

:D

Week 1 = 13st 8lbs. :(

Well, at least I haven't gained any...
  • MacAndCheese
    week 1 - still 14 stone, but no longer with horrible cold so bring on exercise this week!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Age 38
    Weight now: 15st 7lb
    target weight: between 14st - 14st 5Ib
    by 1st april

weight this morning: 15st - 4.6Ibs