Let it go Lance

Comments

• micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Seems there's a pile of Nike branded t-shirts with an '8' logo composed of two Livestrong bands mouldering in a warehouse somewhere...seems to me Armstrong can't stand his pocket being battered as well as his pride.
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    Moray Gub wrote:
    The question was
    MG can you please direct me to where I can read Contador's 3 months of unabated sniping against Armstrong?

So do you dispute that he has spent the last 3 months sniping then ?[/quote]

Do you dispute that LA has spent the last 9 months sniping then ?[/

Notice the date on the
    http://twitter.com/AContador
    link
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    But it's not as though he didn't just started with Bertie - the 'treatment' includes former team-mates Frankie Andreu and Floyd Landis amongst many others. What few don't appreciate is that Bruyneel is merely LA's poodle too
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Hmmm, JV seems to indicate Contador isn't a complete tool

http://twitter.com/Vaughters/status/7276187610

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    edited January 2010
    lucybears wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    The question was
    MG can you please direct me to where I can read Contador's 3 months of unabated sniping against Armstrong?

So do you dispute that he has spent the last 3 months sniping then ?

Do you dispute that LA has spent the last 9 months sniping then ?[/

Notice the date on the
    link[/quote]

Nobody is disputing LA sniping the issue here is AC is or has been doing exactly the same .

You think twitter is the only method people use to snipe ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    lucybears wrote:
    micron wrote:
    MG can you please direct me to where I can read Contador's 3 months of unabated sniping against Armstrong? Links would be great.

... yeah, Lance tied a knot in his broadband, just like he fitted the gastric band that caused the Paris Nice bonk !!
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • lucybears
    rockmount wrote:
    lucybears wrote:
    micron wrote:
    MG can you please direct me to where I can read Contador's 3 months of unabated sniping against Armstrong? Links would be great.

... yeah, Lance tied a knot in his broadband, just like he fitted the gastric band that caused the Paris Nice bonk !!

Albertos broadband is just fine.

17 march 2009
    Descansando en casa (Relaxing at home)

AC had just returned from Paris-Nice, the race where a certain Texan had twittered
    <<Appears Alberto "bonked">>
    and the famous
    <<still a lot to learn>>

AC probably thought of using twitter to remind LA that when he was five years older than 26 (AC at P-N, 2009 - LA at TdF 2003), he had not learned either (as LA
    blamed lack of adequate hydration on his less than stellar performance during the stage 12 time trial which he lost to Jan Ullrich by more than one and a half minutes.)

Thankfully, however, he decided not to sink to the level of said Texan and react to the sniping (which is why no further entries have been made), but resolved to let his legs do the talking in the upcoming Tour de France.
  • moray_gub
    lucybears wrote:
    rockmount wrote:
    lucybears wrote:
    micron wrote:

Albertos broadband is just fine.

17 march 2009
    Descansando en casa (Relaxing at home)

AC had just returned from Paris-Nice, the race where a certain Texan had twittered
    <<Appears Alberto "bonked">>
    and the famous
    <<still a lot to learn>>

AC probably thought of using twitter to remind LA that when he was five years older than 26 (AC at P-N, 2009 - LA at TdF 2003), he had not learned either (as LA
    blamed lack of adequate hydration on his less than stellar performance during the stage 12 time trial which he lost to Jan Ullrich by more than one and a half minutes.)

Thankfully, however, he decided not to sink to the level of said Texan and react to the sniping (which is why no further entries have been made), but resolved to let his legs do the talking in the upcoming Tour de France.

You do realise that a world exists outside of Twitter dont you ? The reason i ask is you seem to be under some sort of misconception that Twitter is the only method available to pass comment/snipe/moan call it what you will.
  • lucybears
    Moray Gub wrote:
    You do realise that a world exists outside of Twitter dont you ? The reason i ask is you seem to be under some sort of misconception that Twitter is the only method available to pass comment/snipe/moan call it what you will.

OK, outside of Twitter we have interviews. You read what LA had to say about AC inhis latest interview. Now read what AC has to say about LA in his latest interview (today} here
    http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/no ... p?id=21071
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Hmmm, JV seems to indicate Contador isn't a complete tool

http://twitter.com/Vaughters/status/7276187610

:wink:

Can't see JV saying the same about the Toxic Texan.

I must say, I'm a bit disappointed by AC's politeness and the lack of a link to his latest bad mouthing of Lance.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • lucybears
    I must say, I'm a bit disappointed by AC's politeness and the lack of a link to his latest bad mouthing of Lance.

I'm trying to find one for you
    http://interview.cyclingfever.com/index ... &country=6
    but I seem to be fairing no better than MG
  • moray_gub
    lucybears wrote:

I'm trying to find one for you
    http://interview.cyclingfever.com/index ... &country=6
    but I seem to be fairing no better than MG

Thats becuase I havent bothered looking he has passed comment on various issues the last 6 months regarding the TDF and Lance in particular In fact he started two days after the Tour finished by bad mouthing Lance . I have no issues with that but the lack of consistency amongst some in here is quite amusing. Especially when you consider 18 months ago only two posters (one of which was me) in here seemed to have any time for AC the rest of you thought he was a puerto doper and called him a boring dope cheat etc etc. Now you are all lining up to lick his ars e crack. I can at least say i liked AC as a rider back then and still do i didnt need to jump on a bandwagon to make me see that.
  • lucybears
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Thats becuase I havent bothered looking he has passed comment on various issues the last 6 months regarding the TDF and Lance in particular In fact he started two days after the Tour finished by bad mouthing Lance . .

If you haven't bothered looking, what makes you say that 'he started two days after the Tour finished by bad mouthing Lance ' ?

as micron wrote: Links would be great.

If twitter and interviews have failed you, try his blog, Surely he must have bad mouthed Lance there
    http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... l=es&tl=en
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,479
    Moray Gub wrote:

Thats becuase I havent bothered looking he has passed comment on various issues the last 6 months regarding the TDF and Lance in particular In fact he started two days after the Tour finished by bad mouthing Lance . I have no issues with that but the lack of consistency amongst some in here is quite amusing. Especially when you consider 18 months ago only two posters (one of which was me) in here seemed to have any time for AC the rest of you thought he was a puerto doper and called him a boring dope cheat etc etc. Now you are all lining up to lick his ars e crack. I can at least say i liked AC as a rider back then and still do i didnt need to jump on a bandwagon to make me see that.

I still think he's a Puerto doper and that he's probably still doping. However, I find myself admiring how he's coped with the LA sniping machine. Rather than rising to the bait and making lots of public statements on Armstrong, he's made mention of it twice and then ignored it the rest of the time. One can only begin to imagine how mad this makes Armstrong!

Btw, I'm going to remember this thread next time MG starts demanding evidence from people when they make claims on here. He's been asked to provide some to back up his claim and has failed to do so. Which is rather ironic, no?
  • Doping is irrelevant to this thread. It's all about who said what, to whom and when.
    In short, personalities.
    So far, we have links to LA making tasteless, barbed comments towards Contador.
    How do we know this? We have links supplying those exact comments.

On the otherhand, we have no links to evidence that this Contador has replied in kind.
    Just a strawman making unsubstantiated statements and a lot of sheep talk.

I'd say, for once, we have a definitve outcome of a topic involving Lance.
  • lucybears
    I suppose ACs comments, quoted here
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -tour.html
    could be construed as 'bad mouthing' LA
  • lucybears wrote:

As Frenchfighter would say, in respect of that single comments snipe value: "Lightweight".

Best bit of the article was them saying Leipheimer was heading for the podium, until his crash.
    If he'd got on the podium, I doubt he'd have headed for Le Shack!
  • moray_gub
    lucybears wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Thats becuase I havent bothered looking he has passed comment on various issues the last 6 months regarding the TDF and Lance in particular In fact he started two days after the Tour finished by bad mouthing Lance . .

If you haven't bothered looking, what makes you say that 'he started two days after the Tour finished by bad mouthing Lance ' ?

Becuase i follow cycling all year round not just when tthe Tour comes around so i am perefctly capable of remeberingwhat he said and when he said it, i dont need to look to know that.
  • moray_gub
    andyp wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Btw, I'm going to remember this thread next time MG starts demanding evidence from people when they make claims on here. He's been asked to provide some to back up his claim and has failed to do so. Which is rather ironic, no?

It really is quite pathetic that you need links to Alberto bad mouthing Lance ffs you have even mentioned it twice youself.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    lucybears wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Becuase i follow cycling all year round not just when tthe Tour comes around so i am perefctly capable of remeberingwhat he said and when he said it, i dont need to look to know that.

Lance Armstrong steals sweets off kids and kicks puppies and accidentally set his underpants on fire last time he was on an aeroplane. I don't need to back any of those statements up because I know it's all true.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    lucybears wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Lance Armstrong steals sweets off kids and kicks puppies and accidentally set his underpants on fire last time he was on an aeroplane. I don't need to back any of those statements up because I know it's all true.

Well you posted a large amount of posts making unsubstantiated doping claims against Lance and others so why stop now i suppose.
  • moray_gub
    lucybears wrote:

As Frenchfighter would say, in respect of that single comments snipe value: "Lightweight".

Ahhh ok so we can discount that snipe then as it doesnt fi in with your new view of AC. How handy.....................
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Well you posted a large amount of posts making unsubstantiated doping claims against Lance and others so why stop now i suppose.

Got any links to back that up?
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Moray Gub wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

It really is quite pathetic that you need links to Alberto bad mouthing Lance ffs you have even mentioned it twice youself.

first, cards on the table - until this year, I knew nothing about pro cycling other than le tour. Being generally interested in sports, the names of the winners were familiar to me, as was the general cloud of doping hanging around the sport. I knew nothing of LA other than the wardrobe full of yellow - and no suspicions that he cheated. Having become interested in the wider pro cycling arena due to jumping onto cav's bandwagon(or should that be train?) I've had the joy of discovering these forums, and become acquainted with some of the wider issues, and other sources of cycling news. I don't get involved in lance doping stuff, because it would take me for ever to cut through all the history to form a valid opinion...

why am I saying all this? because i have no entrenched viewpoint on lance, or alliances to defend. I have formed an opinion over LA over the last year - based on much more than these boards - and i want to chip in to this debate - about personality, not drugs -without being labelled as a sheep.

so it seems to me that:
    LA is odious and manipulative - multiple championships and charity work do not change this. not that it matters to me that much, he's paid to ride a bike not to win the nobel peace prize.

BUT to claim that AC is just as bad, or to claim that the press just spin all this, and we don't know the facts, and that to hold such a view of Lance is ovine - is just ludicrous(yes, I'm looking at you MG)

It seems to me that it has been acknowledged by most that AC was a bit critical of Lance, in a few interviews in the tour aftermath . whoop de do!

However, to label this as some ongoing sniping, akin to what Lance has been doing is absolutely laughable (still looking at "ewe" MG - do you see what I've done there?).

so to call other people "pathetic" for trying to get you to evidence your remarks, to demonstrate that you aren't just blindly following the party line, and feeding us some woolly excuses is just a wee bit "baaaah"my. [/sheep gags]

lucybears, I'm so sorry not to have been able to exercise the same economy and efficacy in my reply as you! Would that we all could, and bikeradar could certainly cut it's server budget!!
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    lucybears wrote:

Ahhh ok so we can discount that snipe then as it doesnt fi in with your new view of AC. How handy.....................

Not at all. Just that he spoiled his potential sour grape by calling Lance a great champion.
    He is young and obviously has a lot to learn about this sniping lark! :P

Very nice of Lucy to find the nearest link to support both ends of this debate, since you haven't delivered the goods on the evidence front.
  • lucybears
    Moray Gub wrote:

Asking me to believe your posts because you are 'perfectly capable of remebering what he said and when he said it' is like asking you to believe Stephen Swart (member and team-mate of LA in the Motorola team of the mid-90s) when he used his memory to answer some questions

Q: "Was Lance Armstrong convinced there was no other option to EPO?"
    A: "Yeah, basically it was a case of ?we have to do it'. We had to get
    results. Motorola was throwing all this money at the team and we had
    to come up trumps."

Q: "This feeling of having to join cycling's doping race, no one was
    more committed to this than Lance?"
    A: "Yeah, and I feel he became even more like that as time went on,
    because it was around this time his involvement with Ferrari began. I
    remember sitting at home in New Zealand the following year and keeping
    an eye on the results. There was a big difference between 1995 and
    1996 with Lance. At the beginning of 1996, he was flying."

(Excerpt from LA CONFIDENTIAL ? The Secrets of Lance Armstrong)
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    If anything, Contador's famous 'great champion crap person' comment looks more and more like the truth than any kind of barbed criticism.

MG you claimed that Contador had been sniping against LA for months and that we shouldn't criticise Armstrong for something that Contador is also doing. Apart from the aforementioned comment (which seems pretty measured considering) I've been unable to dig anything up so, please, enlighten me and post those links. Always prepared to consider the other side when there's decent evidence to back it up :wink:
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    PBo wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

first, cards on the table - until this year, I knew nothing about pro cycling other than le tour. Being generally interested in sports, the names of the winners were familiar to me, as was the general cloud of doping hanging around the sport. I knew nothing of LA other than the wardrobe full of yellow - and no suspicions that he cheated. Having become interested in the wider pro cycling arena due to jumping onto cav's bandwagon(or should that be train?) I've had the joy of discovering these forums, and become acquainted with some of the wider issues, and other sources of cycling news. I don't get involved in lance doping stuff, because it would take me for ever to cut through all the history to form a valid opinion...

why am I saying all this? because i have no entrenched viewpoint on lance, or alliances to defend. I have formed an opinion over LA over the last year - based on much more than these boards - and i want to chip in to this debate - about personality, not drugs -without being labelled as a sheep.

so it seems to me that:
    LA is odious and manipulative - multiple championships and charity work do not change this. not that it matters to me that much, he's paid to ride a bike not to win the nobel peace prize.

BUT to claim that AC is just as bad, or to claim that the press just spin all this, and we don't know the facts, and that to hold such a view of Lance is ovine - is just ludicrous(yes, I'm looking at you MG)

It seems to me that it has been acknowledged by most that AC was a bit critical of Lance, in a few interviews in the tour aftermath . whoop de do!

However, to label this as some ongoing sniping, akin to what Lance has been doing is absolutely laughable (still looking at "ewe" MG - do you see what I've done there?).

so to call other people "pathetic" for trying to get you to evidence your remarks, to demonstrate that you aren't just blindly following the party line, and feeding us some woolly excuses is just a wee bit "baaaah"my. [/sheep gags]

lucybears, I'm so sorry not to have been able to exercise the same economy and efficacy in my reply as you! Would that we all could, and bikeradar could certainly cut it's server budget!!
    Yeah, it's always best to form your opinions on the inane ramblings of a handful of internet forum halfwits ..

Links ? stinks, I heard him myself, with my own ears !!
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    All this talk of the King of Spain - what's Ashley Giles got to do with it?
  • Choppered wrote:
    All this talk of the King of Spain - what's Ashley Giles got to do with it?

Spin, Spin and more spin :wink: