London Calling

Comments

• Awesome, thanks guys.

popstar - You've got some nice vids going on there, great quality. There's a pretty good spill on 'Saturday Ride part3 XX.04.2010'. I've got a DSLR canon 550D that shoots HD. which I've been keen to give a bash, though it might be a little awkward to use as a helmet cam.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Atz wrote:
    If we want to do Redlands this weekend, best to leave from Coldharbour (plus pub stop at the end)

Sounds like we need porters and survival rations judging from your previous post.

Camels maybe
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Awesome, thanks guys.

popstar - You've got some nice vids going on there, great quality. There's a pretty good spill on 'Saturday Ride part3 XX.04.2010'. I've got a DSLR canon 550D that shoots HD. which I've been keen to give a bash, though it might be a little awkward to use as a helmet cam.

Hehe I think that might have been Thel33ter - Brambles are evil?

I picked up the bike to make sure it was ok.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Awesome, thanks guys.

Yea, that was me, the whole bit of ground that I landed on was covered in little spiky ball thingys, and some brambles for good measure.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Dunno about awesome but all the trails were a LOT of fun in general. Quite different to the fast-flowing stuff over the other hills. Definitely worth going to though.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    popstar wrote:
    Johnyfiasco just keep in touch here.

Wales trip What could have been ... teaser.
    Love it. As you say, a teaser.

The real stuff comes on our next trip :D

Photos haven't even made it off my camera yet. Need to process them then. Always need to fiddle about, especially as I shoot raw. Will look at them tonight hopefully. Don't think there's much in the way of action though. It's mostly scenery and us posing in front of the scenery - plus the arty stuff, and popstar's sniper shots :D
  • thel33ter
    cooldad wrote:
    Atz wrote:
    If we want to do Redlands this weekend, best to leave from Coldharbour (plus pub stop at the end)

Sounds like we need porters and survival rations judging from your previous post.

Camels maybe

We already have camels

4635935888_64cc4d08d4_o.jpg

Popstar - Nice teaser, but a pity its the only video of the trip.
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Atz
    To be honest, the only problem is that it was very hot yesterday and the uphills are steep (and frequent) and there's no convenient watering hole in the midst of the trails at redlands unlike Peaslake and Leith. I'd imagine on a coolish day it wouldn't feel as knackering.
  • cooldad
    No problem us hardy colonials are used to a bit of heat.

If we need sustenance we can just grab a local - yummy.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    popstar wrote:
    Johnyfiasco just keep in touch here.

Wales trip What could have been ... teaser.

Looked like fun anyway, but that poor little car, three people and three bikes?

And Popstar, you forgot your mounts? Mr Organisation himself. I sometimes wish I did smilies - almost tempted.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    edited May 2010
    cooldad wrote:
    Looked like fun anyway, but that poor little car, three people and three bikes?
    And I was there in my space age conservatory with all the comforts :D.

Could have got one of the others in my car, but then I'd have to navigate through London to pick them up.

I must get a tow rack or roof rack though. Could get 4 in then (or 5 at a squeeze and at the loss of the drinks/arm rest at the back :D). Well less given the rack would likely only hold 3 bikes.

Else next time we need someone/people with a van.
  • Plaisir
    Plaisir Posts: 83
    cooldad wrote:
    but that poor little car, three people and three bikes?

I'm not going to lie it wasn't fast :)
    2009 Marin Wolf Ridge 6.9
  • thel33ter
    deadkenny wrote:
    Else next time we need someone/people with a van.

London Calling's Team Van

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1985-Vauxhall-AST ... 439f75d73f
    !Bt8RttwEWk~$(KGrHqMH-D8EvcgVzdDcBL-OYb3Vcg~~_3.JPG

The easiest way to get yourself killed by people with taste.
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Well, that day I was too excited and as always cocked it up! Glad you liked a teaser.
    As many people said, climb on Whites level ... was actually a good fun, it wasn't hard at all ... just you had to watch your heart not to jump out. Misjudged my endurance and drank way to much of water, which at the end of trail punished me. Got dehydrated and couldn't pedal any more. People overlooked other bits of trail too, /slap Supraman and Plaisir !!! You lot forgot how white-faced Dkenny was when he descended from nearly vertical -Black Run- ... the man had a devil's smile after that. And that jump off onto a long swooping berm ... was an ace* future for me. You wouldn't find a jump on to swooping berms at BKB! Yes the last bit was amazing, so were other table tops -aka Goodwood and Energy ... Seems weather will cooldown, might be able to squeeze another trip.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • supra-man
    supra-man Posts: 358
    popstar wrote:
    Well, that day I was too excited and as always cocked it up! Glad you liked a teaser.
    As many people said, climb on Whites level ... was actually a good fun, it wasn't hard at all ... just you had to watch your heart not to jump out. Misjudged my endurance and drank way to much of water, which at the end of trail punished me. Got dehydrated and couldn't pedal any more. People overlooked other bits of trail too, /slap Supraman and Plaisir !!! You lot forgot how white-faced Dkenny was when he descended from nearly vertical -Black Run- ... the man had a devil's smile after that. And that jump off onto a long swooping berm ... was an ace* future for me. You wouldn't find a jump on to swooping berms at BKB! Yes the last bit was amazing, so were other table tops -aka Goodwood and Energy ... Seems weather will cooldown, might be able to squeeze another trip.

Careful with the Slapping Popstar, Ive got the pictures... :D full lycra and more...
    specialized enduro 06 gone snif
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

My Megavalanche qualifier : http://vimeo.com/15094020
  • bungalistic
    bungalistic Posts: 543
    Sounds like a good trip to Wales was had then, must try make the next one. If everyone is up for it we can go ride mangrove on sunday. Shouldn't be a problem in finding it again, and it would be nice to run it a few times to get used to it also as it'll be quite fast once you know it.

After Atz left me on sunday I managed to stop out until 6 and ride BKB, summer lightening, yog pots and some other stuff too, before finally heading home, it was one long day of riding.

See ya'll sunday, and maybe monday too if anyone fancies PORC or Aston Hill.
  • popstar
    Bungalistic ... pics or it didn't happen?!

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • Atz
    Bungalistic - Kudos... Impressed you went over to Holmbury too.
  • bungalistic
    Well what I actually did was, back to the car via leith hill tower then drove round to peaslake, rode BKB a few times then two folk outside the shop offered to show me where yog pots and some other bits were as I'd forgotten. So I rode for two hours or so with them before deciding I'd better find my way back.

And next trip to Wales you should go Cwmcarn and read some harder downhill, get them skills working and adrenaline pumping :D
  • supra-man
    supra-man Posts: 358
    thel33ter wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Atz wrote:

Camels maybe

We already have camels

4635935888_64cc4d08d4_o.jpg

Popstar - Nice teaser, but a pity its the only video of the trip.

:lol: I love the camel lol Nice job. :wink:
    specialized enduro 06 gone snif
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

My Megavalanche qualifier : http://vimeo.com/15094020
  • cooldad
    Popstar - excellent video anyway. But I want to see Supramans lycra pics - I thought I was the only one manly enough to wear it.

Thel33ter - only way you'll get me in that is unconcious. And I see through your joke about taste - I know you'd love it, especially the weird paintjob.

The rest - Sunday sounds good. We'll go wherever but would like to try the mangrove bit, redlands maybe. I'll check Ebay for camels.

Monday as well if I can still walk. What's PORC like?

We also have Tuesday, but might plan a road ride (boo hiss) to get set up for the 3 Counties the next Sunday.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Atz
    Well re-watching the video, I think we rode all of it and some more (including the place with the mini MX bike at the very start) so we've got a good start around there.
  • popstar
    So, it looks that this weekend the ride will be around Leith Hill. What carpark is the best place to start? Would there be 3+hours of ride just on that side?

I have found other affordable accomodation in CYB through these forums, if anyone would be interested. Don't know, should we go again to Afan-Cwmcarn or give a try to North Wales.

• bungalistic
    If you're wanting to ride the redlands side first thing, I would say to park at Coldharbour or possibly just up the road in the gated layby near the fireroad that takes you to to trail.

It's not a long ride from there and it's easy enough to get back over to Leith later on if people are still wanting more. Make sure to bring food and drink with you, maybe a chiller in the car would be good, or we could hide it in the trees somewhere nearer the trail start.

There is also a pub in coldharbour too as Atz says for the ride end.
  • popstar
    Awesome, thanks guys.

Additional video man would be very welcome, looking forward to exchange all different ideas on video and pictures. And there would be some riding to do too!

• Plaisir
    Plaisir Posts: 83
    Looks like me a popstar are heading out to Swinley this afternoon at about 5pm. Anyone going to be there or fancy joining?
    2009 Marin Wolf Ridge 6.9
  • Anonymous
    Hmm, the bike is still in the car, but I've got to go back home for the rest of my gear. Wouldn't make it for 5pm, and probably not 6.

6.30 might be possible, but you'll be mostly done by then.

Could get out there tomorrow or Thursday. Else I might trundle over to Tunnel Hill tonight. I could actually ride there from home in 30 mins.
  • popstar
    We can pick you up at 6.30 in Swinley! Will play a bit around some new areas and head back to carpark for you. We head out at 5.00 think will arrive at 6.00

• Anonymous
    Okay. Will aim for 6.30 and see if we can meet up.
  • popstar
    This Thursday setting off to SWales again, will ride -The Wall- this time. It's less climbing than -Whites level- so should be easy mode on legs. Any opinions of people who's been there or better route/trails plz share your knowledge.

Dkenny, show us photos ...