London Calling

Comments

• thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    edited May 2010
    Thats one big video, loading for 10 mins and its about 1/3 of the way :roll:
    Nice vid, can't wait for the best bits now, maybe upload small taster ones to youtube or pinkbike?
    Super nice quality, just like real life, but in HD :lol:

Wonder where Ammikes gone, he seemed to do that one ride then disappeared :?
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    Atz wrote:
    Explore Leith and area a bit more? Could even do a full run down the trails after summer lightening for a change.

Did you find out where Mangrove Alley is?

Good pictures - shame I missed the ride but I over slept....
  • thel33ter
    gregsd wrote:
    Atz wrote:
    Explore Leith and area a bit more? Could even do a full run down the trails after summer lightening for a change.

Did you find out where Mangrove Alley is?

Good pictures - shame I missed the ride but I over slept....

We didn't do it yesterday but I think Atz knows where it is roughly.
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Nice Popstar, looking forward to part 2 (and 3?)
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Yep, really nice work, now I see why you were in a hurry to get past on that first run off the top :)
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Well, was my first attempt on HD, guess BKB footage would look even better. On matters of hill/slopes which don't look steep ... I can't make the right angle or zoom things on tiny camera :cry:. Excited myself with quality turned out.
    Ammike 's been left out with roadie bike for some reason, and needs to get MTBike.
    Gregsd , ... I was wasted on a ride (in some vidz you would even hear my heart jumping out) not sure anyone would challenge you that day, even Thel33ter wasn't that sharp.

Would need some photos from Dkenny in reasonable size ... 2k x 1k size to download.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • supra-man
    supra-man Posts: 358
    the video is brilliant, great work. :D cant wait to see the rest.
    brilliant views, I like the replay bit . actually you are a great flim maker, will need to get a second cam to get other views.
    the moment where Thel33ter, cant get through the trees and i follow him is weird.

Keep up good Vids. :wink:

for Bungalistic and Popstar, here is an idea of rates in alpes:

http://www.synopsis-web.com/cisalpin/2pieces.html
    406 euros per week during the period of Pass portes du soleil (not a race juste a ralley around the alpes), megavalanche , Mountain of hell ect la marmotte ( road race).
    so around 340 pounds divided by 5 people its just 70 per person....

the 2/3 person flat is 290 per week
    You get the better rates when you understand french , as a lot don't translate.
    fly out to grenoble easy jet, bikes in bike bag. ect
    specialized enduro 06 gone snif
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

My Megavalanche qualifier : http://vimeo.com/15094020
  • bungalistic
    bungalistic Posts: 543
    ooh something to think about for later this year if I can pay my debts off.

I'm up for an explore around leith hill on sunday, I enjoyed summer lightening and would happily session that section and look around a bit more.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited May 2010
    For bigger photos, I think if you add me as a contact on flickr you should get access now to the 'all sizes' button, as I've changed the permissions.

Edit - stuff it. I've changed the licence to non-commercial Creative Commons, so should be available to all now I hope.

They're not the full size which is two or three times the size and too big to upload, but bigger. PM me which photos you want full size and I'll dig them out at home and send them.

Atz - ah, the VR lens. Was thinking of taking mine but it's yet more weight :D. Or I could take my big 300mm for some telephoto shots. I'd need a sherpa to carry it though :D
    supra-man wrote:
    Don't EasyJet charge extra for sports equipment? I know Ryan Air charge a fortune for it (turning a £20 ticket into a £100+ ticket), hence I've gone off them for skiing (though BA are starting to charge now too :().
  • supra-man
    deadkenny wrote:
    supra-man wrote:
    Don't EasyJet charge extra for sports equipment? I know Ryan Air charge a fortune for it (turning a £20 ticket into a £100+ ticket), hence I've gone off them for skiing (though BA are starting to charge now too :().

I ve done my research.. luftansa takes them for £20 and you do not always need to take them apart.

easy jet takes them for £30 in bike box or bag, 25 kg max per bike... :wink:
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

• Anonymous
    £30 is not bad. Actually looking at EasyJet's site they say a combined weight of 50kg for luggage + sports equipment. That's better than the big carriers that are now insisting on charging for sports equipment regardless and limiting luggage to around 25kg.

Though EJ have caught on to the trick of sticking your clothes in with the bike I see. I do that with my skis :D
  • Atz
    Alternatively, big van, drive down. 8 hours if you do relay drivers. Admittedly that's a long time but less danger of turning up with a mangled bike or having the trip cancelled due to ash clouds :P
  • bungalistic
    Them photos are plenty big enough, ok if I use some on the new build of my website, i'm happy enough to link back to your flikr on the site also.

A trip away sounds a lovely possibility too :D
  • Plaisir
    Plaisir Posts: 83
    I can offer lifts for two this sunday if anyone is interested? Popstar I definately owe you one if you want to take the day off driving?

I know its only a speculative chat regarding alps as well but for what its worth I would be well up for it. I know it sounds ridiculous but I cant see any reason why I couldnt drive there either. I was going to go skiing down there with four of us in the car, not comfortable I know but if you drive through the night it would be fine. Bikes on roof.. could be there in 8 hours and petrol would be like £160 return, ferry maybe 30? Could take three (no more) and that would leave a seat and the boot for stuff, I think it could be done. If we did what supra was talking about the other day and take the "A" roads then no tolls.. certainly brings the price down a bit..
    2009 Marin Wolf Ridge 6.9
  • popstar
    Taking France trip away, who's up for some evening rides in Swinley? Start time would be 18.00 at visitors centre, hopefully this Wednesday-Thursday!

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • supra-man
    popstar wrote:
    Taking France trip away, who's up for some evening rides in Swinley? Start time would be 18.00 at visitors centre, hopefully this Wednesday-Thursday!

From next week I m up both days... may see you there tomorrow but ill be with work colleagues.....
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

• Atz
    Same sort of thing for me. Today, tomorrow and thursday am busy. Anyone up for going to see "Follow me" next Thursday in central London BTW?
  • cooldad
    Atz wrote:
    Same sort of thing for me. Today, tomorrow and thursday am busy. Anyone up for going to see "Follow me" next Thursday in central London BTW?

Watching the trailer I am struck by my absolute lack of talent and guts.

I might take up knitting instead.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Atz
    Wait, that wasn't your knitting needles and thimbles clattering around in your seat-pack?
  • thel33ter
    Atz wrote:
    Wait, that wasn't your knitting needles and thimbles clattering around in your seat-pack?

:lol:

Alps sounds great, not sure if Cooldad will like it much, lots of bumpy hills up and down.

I thought I needed a better pic of me doing a drop from the front so...

4618743659_fc4d23e442_o.jpg

:D:wink:
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • cooldad
    Atz wrote:

Guy's got to have something to pass the time while Popstar sets up his next shot.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    thel33ter wrote:
    Atz wrote:

:lol:

Alps sounds great, not sure if Cooldad will like it much, lots of bumpy hills up and down.
    It's not the bumpy hills that worry me rather the bloody great hole in my wallet
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • popstar
    Just 've been flicking e-net pages, did you see weather forecast? Halelujah! I am off to ride, dusty singletrack begs me to rip it! Anyone for an evening ride in Swinley?

• gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    popstar wrote:
    Just 've been flicking e-net pages, did you see weather forecast? Halelujah! I am off to ride, dusty singletrack begs me to rip it! Anyone for an evening ride in Swinley?

I'm off out this evening, but Swinley's a bit too far to drive and I want to get some mileage in so I can keep ahead of Popstar on the climbs :wink:
  • bungalistic
    Only places I can get to in the evenings is Chicksands or Woburn, if any of you fancy a northern trip?
  • supra-man
    I d be Up for watching "follow me" , looks great and the previous one seasons had great shots...
    but can only on the wednesday session, thursday may be hard for me.
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

• metalmonkey
    metalmonkey Posts: 144
    Well I am off work now till next Monday! So free to go out I don't have a car atm but could try hop on the tube ect to meet.

I haven't been off road at all yet, so will probally be quite slow :lol:
  • Plaisir
    Plaisir Posts: 83
    Well I am off work now till next Monday! So free to go out I don't have a car atm but could try hop on the tube ect to meet.

Me and Popstar are heading out to Swinley Forest this afternoon at about 4.30/5pm and if you fancy it I can pick you up. Which part of If you can get to a national rail station, Ealing Broadway, Greenford, Hanwell or Drayton Green are all close and I can pick you up from them. Alternatively I could pick you up from Ealing Broadway or Northfields underground stations. Let me know, I have pm'd you number
    2009 Marin Wolf Ridge 6.9
  • metalmonkey
    metalmonkey Posts: 144
    Plaisir wrote:

Me and Popstar are heading out to Swinley Forest this afternoon at about 4.30/5pm and if you fancy it I can pick you up. Which part of If you can get to a national rail station, Ealing Broadway, Greenford, Hanwell or Drayton Green are all close and I can pick you up from them. Alternatively I could pick you up from Ealing Broadway or Northfields underground stations. Let me know, I have pm'd you number

Sent you a PM with my no, the PM didn't get through but yeah its do able, sounds fun.
  • Anonymous
    Swinley - can do from 6pm. Maybe not today as I'll have to go back home to get the bike and back out again. Could do tomorrow or next week.
    Them photos are plenty big enough, ok if I use some on the new build of my website, i'm happy enough to link back to your flikr on the site also.
    yeah, go for it :D