London Calling

Comments

• supra-man
    supra-man Posts: 358
    thel33ter wrote:
    supra-man wrote:
    we can warm up on the black run, named "widow maker" i think.

Last time I weny down that I did the steep bit headfirst...

Ah well this time you ll go down on your back wheel only
    specialized enduro 06 gone snif
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

My Megavalanche qualifier : http://vimeo.com/15094020
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Some surrey hills footage in these vids for ya'll

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Chris-seag ... -2010.html
    Lol @ the dad and his little kids casually going down (what I think is) one of the Labyrinth trails at Swinley :D. A few bits I didn't recognise too there.

Cwmcarn looks good. Nice to see there's an uplift too :D. According to Google, it's just 2.5 hours drive for me. Basically M4 and off at Newport.

£5 I think to get across the bridge though.
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    I think that trail is either the bottom of deerstalker or babymaker (where I knackered my ribs). I'm going to try to get an evening in there next week if anyone wants to join.
  • supra-man
    deadkenny wrote:

Cwmcarn looks good. Nice to see there's an uplift too :D. According to Google, it's just 2.5 hours drive for me. Basically M4 and off at Newport.

£5 I think to get across the bridge though.

Hmm I see a trip own in wales, get your Pads out. :wink:
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

• Atz
    Don't forget UK Bike Park in Dorset which has uplift and is on the way (but probably doesn't have as much vertical drop).

Oh, and of course Esher Shore which is much closer
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Atz wrote:
    Don't forget UK Bike Park in Dorset which has uplift and is on the way (but probably doesn't have as much vertical drop).

Oh, and of course Esher Shore which is much closer

They look a bit too downhill/freeridy for me and my bike. Mainly me though.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • bungalistic
    bungalistic Posts: 543
    Cwncarn is a great place to ride and the uplift is a truly knackering day of riding, well worth doing though, best midweek as it is loads quieter too.

What's the plan for sunday then, where we meeting and more importantly does anyone have a postcode for it so my sat nav can possibly try get me there.
  • Atz
    GU5 9RR gets you to the hurtwood inn... go past it a bit down walking bottom and there's a carpark on your left.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Just checking so it's Walking Bottom car park 9am Sunday?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Well, I assume it's walking bottom carpark. It's always nice to finish off a ride either with BKB or Saint Branches GY (Pitch hill).

Walking Bottom
    Peaslake
    Surrey
    GU5 9RR

Once you reach village center go past bike shop towards community center, drive few yards and you will see big carpark on your left.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • Anonymous
    cooldad wrote:
    Just checking so it's Walking Bottom car park 9am Sunday?
    That's the plan I think. That's where I'm heading anyway.
  • Anonymous
    Another good ride, and great playing about with cameras on the jumps (not that I'm up for doing them!).

First attempt really at action stuff. I should have done some tracking shots to keep the rider in focus in some shots (blurred is good though for speed). May try faster shutter speeds next time but that means pushing the ISO a little high, or I take my flash gun :D

Camera isn't too speedy on the burst shots so I didn't get too many with people in the air.

4612230493_89d5da1d8e.jpg

4612846026_f415868ec2.jpg

4612847514_44c63b7598.jpg

4612849226_806606cf58.jpg

4612243009_3cd86f875b.jpg

More here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/deadkenny/ ... 913617827/
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Not too bad. I might copy a couple of those of Flikr. Hope you don't do me for copyright.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • popstar
    Seems now is a pressure on me to make some vidz, oh Dkenny you always do that to me. That last photo with berms is sweet, never mind those jumps ... but that makes me want to ride again, and again, and once more of it.

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • Plaisir
    Plaisir Posts: 83
    Back from weekend away. Hope you guys had fun today, will be around this week and weekend if anyone's out?
    2009 Marin Wolf Ridge 6.9
  • Anonymous
    cooldad wrote:
    Not too bad. I might copy a couple of those of Flikr. Hope you don't do me for copyright.
    No problem :D. The copyright note is just to discourage companies who keep nicking my photos without asking.

If you guys want bigger versions I can send them to you. I normally upload smaller ones on Flickr.
  • supra-man
    very nice ride yesterday, brilliant weather and riders.
    Nice photos there. now we are waiting for videos .... hm weeks worth of videos lol

It was good spending time on BKB... I can finally get those berms right, I think i need to return and ride it more to get better lines. 8)

Popstar looks like he is really putting the power down on that pic... ripping up the berm
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

• popstar
    Made video in HD. it's 500mb in size and it has reached my weekly upload limit straight away. Will post link once it's uploaded.

• supra-man
    wow you are a champion , never seen you build vids so fast..... 8)
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

• Anonymous
    Have you tried pinkbike.com for uploading videos? Never tried myself, though just created an account to stick some photos on there.
  • thel33ter
    The pics of Bungalistic came out really well, pity only one of mine looks good :(

Really wanna see some of the vids.
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • popstar
    Not sure when Vimeo will allow our vid but here it is Group ride XX.05.2010 part1** ... due to HD large content file, other parts can be uploaded in a weeks time. Hate 500MB per week limit.

My fave photos are ...

spaceball.gif
    spaceball.gif
    spaceball.gif

Why don't they upload? Is it 'cos of - .gif - and not - .jpeg - format file? Dkenny you must put it right, badboy!!! 8)

• Anonymous
    thel33ter wrote:
    The pics of Bungalistic came out really well, pity only one of mine looks good :(
    I was having issues with the burst shots as it only gets off a few per second (old camera), and kept missing your best! I've got plenty where you're on the ground before or after take off, just not in the air.

Next time I'm sure :D.

Got a new camera planned that's much faster but not sure about carrying that on the bike. I'm not so fussed about the old D70 getting battered. Still, it's taken a lot of tumbles whilst I've been skiing and barely a scratch on it. Robust things these SLRs. Alternate is my compact which does reasonably rapid but the quality is no where near as good.

Might play with the settings to get it doing smaller file sizes and it might be faster then. The more shots, the better chance of catching a good one :). Then again, we have the HD video master here with his 24fps or whatever... :D

popstar wrote:
    Why don't they upload? Is it 'cos of - .gif - and not - .jpeg - format file? Dkenny you must put it right, badboy!!! 8)
    The links in your tags are all http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif. I assume that wasn't what you wanted to post. Seems to be a 1x1 pixel image!

Could be the way you're getting the links. I guess you're right clicking and doing a copy or something. Might be Yahoo/Flickr is giving you a different link. Probably to prevent copying or something. If you go to the All Sizes at the top of a photo, you can pick a size and get a link. Though maybe only I can see that option. Not sure.
  • thel33ter
    That took some doing 4612846026_f415868ec2.jpg

On firefox - Right click on pic, click view image info, then its the one above the spaceball thing with the extension jpg, right click and copy the link, looks something like this

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3392/461 ... 3b7598.jpg

On IE, go to www.mozzila.com and download firefox :lol:
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • popstar
    Well that Flickr is tricky at getting details ...
    Dkenny my Camera unfortunately shoots at either 30fps or 60fps, soon there would be update for 25fps and 55fps and that would be awesome to have, so the jittery frame rate quality would dissapear, shame no dates on release yet.

So my fave photos are >>>
    4612839462_7f6917d8d4.jpg
    4612840558_9b0b3bf41e.jpg
    4612853832_e11c12c462.jpg
    4612243009_3cd86f875b.jpg

Next time, for photos ... those berms look sexeh, oh no ... Uber Sexeh!!!
    Thel33ter pix looks dramatic :!: I kind of like the angles Dkenny chooses.

• Atz
    I'm going to drag out the D70 with the VR lens next time we're out and it's try (and I'm not out to kill myself) to give myself something to do during photo shoots :P
  • bungalistic
    bungalistic Posts: 543
    Hey hey, nice photos (i'm letting the video load up now) any chance i could get a copy of any of my shots in the bigger original form so i can add them to me new site :)

Where next week?
  • Atz
    Explore Leith and area a bit more? Could even do a full run down the trails after summer lightening for a change.
  • popstar
    Finally Video part1 is ready to watch.

• Atz
    That first climb looks flat on camera; we look like wimps.