Evans: That's your Lotto

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

I sort of see what you mean but I think they have long term plans and signing Cadel would hinder those somewhat.

Agree completely. If they were trying to sign someone like Wiggins why on earth would he go to a team with a GC rider.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:

I sort of see what you mean but I think they have long term plans and signing Cadel would hinder those somewhat.

Agree completely. If they were trying to sign someone like Wiggins why on earth would he go to a team with a GC rider.

Well, according to that Australian link, that deal is on, again.
    Wiggo to Sky to free up a Garmin slot for Cuddles.
    Contador? Last month's flavour. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72

That article also says Sky have some amazing climbing talent....

:wink:
  • iainf72 wrote:

Maybe Garmin are fed up with the Contador saga, like me.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    How about Sky signing Cuddles for a year, then signing Wiggins when his contract runs out. Sky themselves have said they anticipate the first year being a bit difficult, so why not have a dry run with Evans as the leader before signing Wiggins as a leader. Besides Wiggo still needs to prove he's no flash in the pan in the eyes of many, chalking him up as Sky's British Tour winner is a bit premature
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Silence-Lotto teammate Philippe Gilbert twittered his surrpise at the announcement, calling it “great damage to the riders and a major catastrophe for the sponsors.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Can't see him going to Garmin. They're all about the team camaraderie and male bonding and group hugs and what not. Evans likes to do his own thing. He wouldn't fit.
  • freire
    freire Posts: 17
    afx237vi wrote:
    Can't see him going to Garmin. They're all about the team camaraderie and male bonding and group hugs and what not. Evans likes to do his own thing. He wouldn't fit.

according to the australian evans go to garmin and wiggins to sky :shock:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 22,00.html
  • afx237vi
    freire wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

according to the australian evans go to garmin and wiggins to sky :shock:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 22,00.html

""Team Sky have signed some exceptional climbing talent in Edvald Boasson Hagen, Thomas Lovkvist, Kjell Carlstrom, John Lee Augustyn and the Italian Morris Possoni."

I think they're starting to grasp a bit in the second half of that sentence :shock:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:

""Team Sky have signed some exceptional climbing talent in Edvald Boasson Hagen, Thomas Lovkvist, Kjell Carlstrom, John Lee Augustyn and the Italian Morris Possoni."

I think they're starting to grasp a bit in the second half of that sentence :shock:

It's Robbie McEwen saying that, everyone's outstanding compared to him.

That report seems a bit more credible than the BMC one, given that it has a few quotes from key personel (Matt White)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:

That report seems a bit more credible than the BMC one, given that it has a few quotes from key personel (Matt White)

At least Matt didn't talk about how he thought Cuddles would die or something like that

Cuddles has a personality like mine. He wouldn't fit at Garmin :wink:

People "in the know" says it's definately not the Shack.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    People "in the know" says it's definately not the Shack.

Evans is, as far as I can gather, totally clean. Given this, I would doubt strongly too that he would go to the shack.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DAVE BRAILSFORD IS NOT IN AMERICA TALKING TO GARMIN LAWYERS..

Hes on the bbc being interviewed... :oops:
  • LOL
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    DAVE BRAILSFORD IS NOT IN AMERICA TALKING TO GARMIN LAWYERS..

Hes on the bbc being interviewed... :oops:

It says he's flying out today. If Napolean D gets his photo taken with him at Manchester airport, then we know it's a goer.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Vaughters saying he's not signed with Garmin.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/evans-n ... in-in-2010
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,871
    On a similar note, he seemed to do a lot of work for Gilbert at the end of this season. Is this a but unusual for him? Maybe he was trying to give the team something before he left?

cold be.. no hard feelings

its not like they gave him a lot
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    On a similar note, he seemed to do a lot of work for Gilbert at the end of this season. Is this a but unusual for him? Maybe he was trying to give the team something before he left?

cold be.. no hard feelings

its not like they gave him a lot

I thought Gilbert had just been spouting off about how it's a nightmare for Lotto?

Or was that just in general and not a dig at Cadel?
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • A good move by CE , with the rainbow jersey comes the rewards. $$$$$

This team is building towards a strong tour team in the next 2-3 years.
  • afx237vi
    Where did BMC get the money to sign all these big riders? Hincapie, Evans, Ballan, Kroon, Burghardt... no new sponsors and virtually no fanfare about the team wanting to get bigger. It just happened. Last year their biggest name was... er... Alex Moos!
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    A good move by CE , with the rainbow jersey comes the rewards. $$$$$

This team is building towards a strong tour team in the next 2-3 years.

Yea but Evans is 32, 2-3 years time is a bit long IMO
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • afx237vi wrote:
    Where did BMC get the money to sign all these big riders? Hincapie, Evans, Ballan, Kroon, Burghardt... no new sponsors and virtually no fanfare about the team wanting to get bigger. It just happened. Last year their biggest name was... er... Alex Moos!

Not exactly my idea of a strong tour line up.
    Thought they were all there for the classics.
    Means that they must have a lot more money, or Evans will be on his lonesome again.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    Where did BMC get the money to sign all these big riders?!
    The team's owned by Andy Rihs, owner of Phonak...
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    BMC have, with little fanfare, put together a great squad... Evans must be pretty certain they'll get the nod from ASO... What's the betting they win more races than sky?
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    afx237vi wrote:

Yep the Abramovich of cycling. But I dont see how Cadel will have a stronger team this season.

BMC i thought also were not after a tour invite this year and instead were focusing on the classics and the giro??
  • RichN95.
    bipedal wrote:
    BMC have, with little fanfare, put together a great squad... Evans must be pretty certain they'll get the nod from ASO... What's the betting they win more races than sky?

BMC have certainly got some good names in, and I'm impressed by their recruitment, but I'll bet that EBH wins more races on his own than BMC.
  • RichN95.
    jim one wrote:
    BMC i thought also were not after a tour invite this year and instead were focusing on the classics and the giro??

I thought Hincapie had said that he went to BMC because he had no interest in doing the Tour again - just the Classics.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

Yeah fair point. Having a multi millionaire owner is always going to help (I forgot he actually owns BMC too). Still, I'm surprised at how big their ambitions have got seemingly in the space of a few weeks. I thought Rihs was intent on keeping it small after he got stung by the Phonak fiasco.