Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Are golf buggies for lazy people? Is it that hard to walk round a golf course?
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    The latest Santander advert...some bloke it pedalling around on an 80's Raleigh Panasonic Replica...my guess? It's a Team Cadet.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Our neighbours have just been shopping. Mrs wheels the baby in its buggy into the house & returns to help hubby carry some stuff in and the door blows shut behind her. The keys must be inside as they are clearly trying not to panic. Does the door come of or can they get in contact with a family member with a spare?
  • Stewie Griffin
    Hubby clambered in through an open window. They havent lived in our neighbourhood for very long. An open window on the ground floor:shock:
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Staying in tonight
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    my - how time flies. It'll soon be August.
  • jos2thehua
    jos2thehua Posts: 76
    Breaking up rather hurts. Haha, emo, no?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I had chicken for tea.
  • Stewie Griffin
    dmclite wrote:
    I had chicken for tea.

So did I, na na na na na.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    dmclite wrote:
    I had chicken for tea.

So did I, na na na na na.

I said it first.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    I've just put my camping gear away
  • dmclite, chicken for tea - tick
    Stewie Griffin, chicken for tea - tick

I'm a chicken tikka, me.....
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    they didn't have any plain streaky bacon tonight at Tescos - only smoked. :(
    Cycling weakly
  • Ands
    I just wanted a new mobile phone, I just wanted a phone that I could get out the box, stick a battery and sim card in, switch it on and away we go. Not a phone that after an hour still doesn't let me make or receive calls. :twisted:

Am I getting old? Is that what the problem is?
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I'm eating a mango, which happens to be my favourite fruit.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    The Red Arrows have just gone overhead in an arrow formation.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Stewie Griffin
    Ands wrote:
    I just wanted a new mobile phone, I just wanted a phone that I could get out the box, stick a battery and sim card in, switch it on and away we go. Not a phone that after an hour still doesn't let me make or receive calls. :twisted:

Am I getting old? Is that what the problem is?

Are you a left handed iphone4 user? :lol:
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    75p for a Bueno bar! It's mostly bloody air! :(

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Ands
    Are you a left handed iphone4 user? :lol:
    At this point, I'd like to be . Still, only another 729 days on this contract and then I'll be able to get one :D
  • Ands
    The fridge is making strange noises. I fear it's about to die. It sounds like the distant hum of vuvuzelas. Perhaps if I watched the World Cup final in the kitchen, it might add to the authenticity of the occasion. :D
  • Ands wrote:
    The fridge is making strange noises. I fear it's about to die. It sounds like the distant hum of vuvuzelas. Perhaps if I watched the World Cup final in the kitchen, it might add to the authenticity of the occasion. :D

Hmmm, the distant hum of vuvuzelas... It's probably just bees that have taken up residence in the warm bits behind the fridge. Just think, your own private honey source!
  • Ands
    How do you pronounce deptfordmarmoset? Always wondered.
  • i invented wood
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Ands wrote:
    I always assumed it was pronounced 'deptfordmarmoset'. How is afx237v1 pronounced?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Ands wrote:
    I always assumed it was pronounced 'deptfordmarmoset'. How is afx237v1 pronounced?

I always pronounce it AFX 237 V1, although I found the v2 version was much improved.
    Cycling weakly
  • Ands
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Ands wrote:
    ah, you're another one!
    I look at the 'dept' bit and to me, that's an abbreviation of 'department'. Also, at the end, is the -et bit pronounced with a hard 't' (as in tablet), or is it like chalet ?
  • Ah, the local pronunciation varies between Debtford and Det'ford (where the ' represents a glottal stop). I was watching the footy at the time, but my 78-year old mother just instant messaged me to say that there was a programme on Radio 4 called ''The London Nobody Knows'' that started tonight and they chose Deptford to kick the series off. I'll have to wait to see whether it appears on iPlayer to hear how posh people pronounce it.
  • i invented wood

You certainly messed up with the patent then. I'd pine if I'd missed a deal like that....
  • Ands
    The scoop from a High5 tub is a useful tool to remove the water from the salt compartment insde the dishwasher.
  • Stewie Griffin
    i invented wood

You certainly messed up with the patent then. I'd pine if I'd missed a deal like that....

I wooden start the puns if I were you.