Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I'm off to see The Gaslight Anthem in Oxford, tonight. Goodbye.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    today's experience has allowed me to make several observations:
    a) Getting punched in the face hurts
    b) being pushed off your bike is not as funny as it looks
    c) my bike is very resiliant having survived a good kicking
    d) some people who drive in south London are violent loonies
    e) men who attack other men, unprovoked, in front of their 7 year old daughter are utter dicks
    f) policemen can sometimes be very helpful
    g) my blood pressure goes quite high when I'm stressed
    h) it's easy to fall for a nurse when she's tending to your wounds
    i) stitches in the lip hurt - a lot.
    j) painkillers are good
    k) keep thinking about the nurse
  • Crikey, Porgy, what have you been up to?
  • Porgy
    Crikey, Porgy, what have you been up to?

bloke with a tiny penis tried to run me off the road this morning and then when I looked at him a bit funny decided to physically attack me into the bargain. Still - he should be getting a visit from the local constabulary at some point today.
  • Ouch. Welling? (Shooters Hill has successfully shielded it from culture for centuries.)
  • Porgy
    Ouch. Welling? (Shooters Hill has successfully shielded it from culture for centuries.)

No - it was in Southwark - near Tower Bridge. The bloke lives in Bermondsey according to the police radio message I heard.
  • I hope the police follow this up properly. Good luck with it, Porgy.

I often wonder at what point I'm going to get assaulted. I'm what you might call an interactive cyclist - lots of contact, gestures of thanks with other road users, that sort of thing. The flip side of cycling in such open-spiritedness is that when someone does something daft or puts my life in danger, my mouth automatically spurts out long strings of offensive language before I've had time to assess whether I'm dealing with a psycho. Still, my nose has already been broken twice so they're probably not going to spoil my looks.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I'm off out for a ride 8) , see you suckers later :wink:
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    I saw a lady today watering her garden. I rode past again and she was still watering her garden. I rode past again and she was watering her wheelie bin. I rode past again and she was watering her garage door. I rode past again and she was watering her concrete driveway. I did think what a huge amount of water she was using. I rode past her house 9 times and she had the hose on the whole time (40 mins).
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    9 times?
  • Ands has been practising her U-turns again.
  • Ands
    I am a spy for my local council. :wink:
    (Actually I was doing a loop to do some hill reps. But I should practice u-turns as at the moment I reckon my turning circle is on a par with that of a Range Rover :D )
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Did the lady in question 'accidentally' splash her t-shirt? :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • Porgy
    I hope the police follow this up properly. Good luck with it, Porgy.

I often wonder at what point I'm going to get assaulted. I'm what you might call an interactive cyclist - lots of contact, gestures of thanks with other road users, that sort of thing. The flip side of cycling in such open-spiritedness is that when someone does something daft or puts my life in danger, my mouth automatically spurts out long strings of offensive language before I've had time to assess whether I'm dealing with a psycho. Still, my nose has already been broken twice so they're probably not going to spoil my looks.

I'm all puffed up today - i look like lesley ash post op.

Yeah - well quite "interactive" myself - though oddly - i didn;t actually say anything to this guy. He'd jammed me into the wrong lane and so i was right next to him when he stopped at the lights and all i did was look at him. :?
  • Ands
    Porgy wrote:

Yeah - well quite "interactive" myself - though oddly - i didn;t actually say anything to this guy. He'd jammed me into the wrong lane and so i was right next to him when he stopped at the lights and all i did was look at him. :?
    There are some seriously unhinged people out there. :( I hope you recover quickly Porgy, and that the loon is dealt with appropriately.
  • Ands
    skyd0g wrote:
    She was about 65 skyd0g. I can try and get pictures next time if you like. :wink:
  • I'm all puffed up today - i look like lesley ash post op.

Photos or it didn't happen :wink:

Seriously, though, they'll help in establishing your injuries when the legal side kicks in.
  • Porgy

Photos or it didn't happen :wink:

Seriously, though, they'll help in establishing your injuries when the legal side kicks in.

you're right - I shall take a pic shortly - actually it looks worse today than it did yesterday so I'm glad I waited.
  • skyd0g
    Ands wrote:
    skyd0g wrote:
    She was about 65 skyd0g. I can try and get pictures next time if you like. :wink:

In that case, I'd prefer to think of her in the way I imagine her Ands.

CHLTease2.jpg
    [/*Cool Hand Luke Scene*]
    Cycling weakly
  • I woke up convinced it was Saturday this morning and then I was puzzled why there were so many kids around in school uniform.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I woke up convinced it was Saturday this morning and then I was puzzled why there were so many kids around in school uniform.

It's Friday. Tomorrow will be Saturday (or Sunday for you).
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    I had a really weird dream this morning, which was so rude and actually that gay I'd better not tell anyone what it was about... :shock:
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I woke up convinced it was Saturday this morning and then I was puzzled why there were so many kids around in school uniform.

You woke up and saw Kids in School Uniform? :shock:
  • I woke up convinced it was Saturday this morning and then I was puzzled why there were so many kids around in school uniform.

You woke up and saw Kids in School Uniform? :shock:

hehe, good point. I should have added ''....when I popped down to the shops.'' Though I could always simply reply:

''Yes, I thought I'd get a nice lie-in sleeping in the school playground''
  • Ands
    Bunneh wrote:
    I had a really weird dream this morning, which was so rude and actually that gay I'd better not tell anyone what it was about... :shock:
    Bummer :wink::lol:
  • skyd0g
    Ands wrote:
    Bunneh wrote:

I recommend some manly thigh-slapping & grunts to restore your manly persona.

...maybe just your own thighs though. :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • Porgy
    skyd0g wrote:
    Ands wrote:
    Bunneh wrote:

I recommend some manly thigh-slapping & grunts to restore your manly persona.

...maybe just your own thighs though. :wink:

I'd recommend a Judy Garland CD. come on man - you can't keep it all bottled up inside for ever; isn't it time you came out of the closet? :lol:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I notice Flasheart hasn't commentedmale31-male-smiley-whistle-smiley-emoticon-000073-medium.gif
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    How about Kat and Alfie eh.
  • My rocket's finally taking off - I thought it would never get started this year.