• TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    GiantMike wrote:
    210 kCals in 500ml of Coke.

35 kCals per mile.

1 bottle = 6 miles.

Now that's a mundane observation.

Coke Zero...
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    For those born 16th-30th April (like me), your Celtic Birth Tree is Hazel........which is nice.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    passout wrote:
    For those born 16th-30th April (like me), your Celtic Birth Tree is Hazel........which is nice.

I used to know a girl in primary school called Hazel. She also had hazel coloured eyes.
    Cycling weakly
  • TommyEss
    skyd0g wrote:
    passout wrote:

I used to know a girl in primary school called Hazel. She also had hazel coloured eyes.

Me too...!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    TommyEss wrote:
    skyd0g wrote:
    passout wrote:

Me too...!

I always wanted to meet a girl called Hazel just so I could tell her it's my favourite girl's name. it's never happened.
  • dennisn wrote:
    There are no better lyrics in Rock than
    "Oh the gal I'm to marry is a bow legged sow
    I've been soakin' up drink like a sponge."
    Rolling Stones - Dear Doctor - Beggars Banquet

I'm sorry but this just wrong, clearley the best lyrics are:

Generals gathered in their masses
    Just like witches at black masses

from the sabbath classic war pigs... i mean could you rhyme anything with masses?
    No you couldn't and i bet the stones couldn't either. its just pure creative genius.
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    This morning at 3.33am I was woken up by birdsong outside my bedroom window. I went back to sleep though. The End.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Porgy

Just like witches, naughty lasses

There you go - much better :lol:
  • Porgy wrote:

Thats amazing! :D We were mad on this song all through uni, must of tried to find an alternative rhyme thousands of times! But we've never managed it (to be fair it is normally after we've had a few)

I'm off to phone ozzy to tell him you've found a better line for his placeholder! and then to the pub to claim credit for your work! :wink:
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    dmclite wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

For that matter, no better Rock(or blues) album than "Beggars Banquet".

"Let it bleed" and "Exile on main street" beat Beggars Banquet.

"Don't wanna sound too funky, but all my friends are junkies..."

Sorry, but I'm sticking with "Beggars.....". I mean really, is there a sleazier song in rock than "Stray Cat Blues"?
  • Hibbs
    Hibbs Posts: 291
    Thanks to the CGT changes, I'm still at work. At 10.52.

There goes that 2hr L3/sprint interval training planned for the evening. :roll:
  • skyd0g
    I saw a stoat out on my ride today. :D
    Cycling weakly
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Fireworks are rather loud..
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    ParcelForce are a bunch of ignorant b'stards.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Also known as Parcel Farce and Royal Fail.
  • Yesterday morning, lots of good considerate driving, lots of friendly people out and about.
    This morning, lots of blind miseryguts on 2 or 4 wheels.

What's changed overnight?
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I'm eating a raspberry and white chocolate muffinn with a flat white'. MMnom nom nomm.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • TommyEss
    dennisn wrote:

I'm sorry but this just wrong, clearley the best lyrics are:

Just like witches at black masses

from the sabbath classic war pigs... i mean could you rhyme anything with masses?
    No you couldn't and i bet the stones couldn't either. its just pure creative genius.

Glasses?

Molasses?

Sea-basses?!
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I couldnt sleep at all last night, no idea why but I was still awake at 3.30am :shock:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Porgy wrote:

Thats amazing! :D We were mad on this song all through uni, must have tried to find an alternative rhyme thousands of times! But we've never managed it (to be fair it is normally after we've had a few)

I'm off to phone ozzy to tell him you've found a better line for his placeholder! and then to the pub to claim credit for your work! :wink:

The title for the best rhyme in a song must go to Half Man Half Biscuit.

" Theyre all cooking on Blue Peter and theyre sampling the dishes, No I dont normally like Tomatoes, John, but this is delicious..." I think the son is 99% of Gargoyles look like Bob Todd, but could be wrong.
  • passout
    I couldnt sleep at all last night, no idea why but I was still awake at 3.30am :shock:

Perhaps you just dreamt that you were awake at 3.30?
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • passout
    My five year old daughter has just told me that England are playing; she has more interest in football than me!
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Aggieboy wrote:
    I'm eating a raspberry and white chocolate muffinn with a flat white'. MMnom nom nomm.
    I would love to be eating a raspberry and white choc muffin with a flat white. Haven't had a coffee for 3 weeks tho :?
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    passout wrote:

It was a very convincing dream, I'm Knackered :(
  • Goldcrests have a really cheerful way of singing.
  • Porgy
    Goldcrests have a really cheerful way of singing.

They probably ending up annoying the crows who try to create a post apocolytic / wastes of hell sort of atmosphere with their cawwing.
  • passout
    Blackbirds have the nicest song in my opinion.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    passout wrote:

It was a very convincing dream, I'm Knackered :(
    Last night I dreamt that my mum sent me a stick of rock from Marazion. It was a nice stick of rock as it had no E numbers, and was a sort of twisty shape, in shades of blue and green. When I woke up I was disappointed that it was only a dream.
  • The hundredth page of mundane observations was kicked off by a stick of imagined rock.
  • skyd0g
    I've got something in my eye. (not a stick of rock, real or imaginary).
    Cycling weakly