Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    It's impossible to repot chilli plants in the office without getting compost all over the desk!
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    15 years ago I tried my first choccie croissant and hated it. This week I tried my second and am now addicted. I now have 15 years of missed opportunity to make up for.
  • rhext
    Porgy wrote:
    15 years ago I tried my first choccie croissant and hated it. This week I tried my second and am now addicted. I now have 15 years of missed opportunity to make up for.

I had a similar experience with Brioche. Tomatoes, on the other hand, remain utterly revolting.
  • Porgy wrote:

Every time I have a pain au chocolat I immediately think that there's not enough chocolate. So I have another, by which time the chocolate flavour has become strong enough.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Im having pain au chocolats for breakfast, then out for 3 hours on a nice hilly route up and down the North downs along the pilgrims way.
  • rhext
    dmclite wrote:
    Im having pain au chocolats for breakfast, then out for 3 hours on a nice hilly route up and down the North downs along the pilgrims way.

I call 'foul'. That's not mundane it's inflammatory!
  • Anonymous
    rhext wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

I call 'foul'. That's not mundane it's inflammatory!

Awww.... :cry:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Life's too short to drink bad coffee.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Life's too bad to drink short coffee....make mine a Long Black 8)

(Not sure if you have short black/long black in the UK tho??)
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    I must route-out my filter coffee thingy.
    Cycling weakly
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Aggieboy wrote:

And £2 is too much to pay for a double espresso, it was £1.50 in the same coffee shop last week. I pointed out that I thought that was too much of an increase, he then lifted up a bag of the beans they use and pointed to it like it was a valid reason*. I couldnt actually see as I was walking out to another shop that charges £1.60 and is 40 meters away. I have a stove top pot at home which I make my own coffee with on the weekend, looks like I might be getting up 20 mins earlier tomorrow to make my own.

*It might be the best coffee in the World but he grinds it a ton at a time then stores it in a metal tin for God knows how long.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy wrote:

And £2 is too much to pay for a double espresso, it was £1.50 in the same coffee shop last week. I pointed out that I thought that was too much of an increase, he then lifted up a bag of the beans they use and pointed to it like it was a valid reason*. I couldnt actually see as I was walking out to another shop that charges £1.60 and is 40 meters away. I have a stove top pot at home which I make my own coffee with on the weekend, looks like I might be getting up 20 mins earlier tomorrow to make my own.

*It might be the best coffee in the World but he grinds it a ton at a time then stores it in a metal tin for God knows how long.

"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Had a woodpecker on the fat ball feeder this week. Beautiful.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    I wasn't very well last week, but I'm much better now...
  • Aggieboy
    Ands wrote:
    Had a woodpecker on the fat ball feeder this week. Beautiful.

This is Mundane Observations not Euphemisms.
  • Porgy
    It's always worth nipping into Maplin's to check their clearance offers. I bagged a pair noise reduction headphones today at half price. 8)

For the office, not for when cycling.

In case you were wondering.

And the tube - which i use occasionally.
  • Anonymous
    Im having corn on the cob, garlic chicken and a large salad for tea. Then I will have a protein shake before bedtime.
  • cyclingmev
    cyclingmev Posts: 105
    there's a blackbird in my garden that sounds like R2D2...
    i like bike
  • Porgy
    My cat used to be able to make R2D2 noises. when still a kitten if he was ever excluded from a room he'd sit in front of the door and make funny whistling and buzzing noises. I've never heard a cat make noises like that since.
  • Stewie Griffin
    I found out last night why it says on Ginseng to not drink it with coffee.

Edit, I meant in the same day not from the same vessel.
  • Porgy
    Were you awake all night then?
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Google has started putting pretty backgrounds on it's homepage.
    Cycling weakly
  • secretsqizz
    secretsqizz Posts: 424
    There's a bird in the back of the garden here that has picked up an annoying habit of whistling or whatever like a car alarm.
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • Porgy
    There's a bird in the back of the garden here that has picked up an annoying habit of whistling or whatever like a car alarm.

is she nice looking? If not, tell her to go home...and whistle in her own garden.
  • I just watched Eastenders and I didn't recognise a single character.
  • Anonymous
    I'm having Jordans Mueseli and greek yoghurt for breakfast. When I say Jordan's, I don't mean the glamour model, but the breakfast cereal company.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    My son made a usb flash drive out of a little beanie platypus. You pull his beak off and plug him in. Ver popular with the ladies in the office.
  • Hibbs
    Hibbs Posts: 291
    I counted 7 England flags on the side of the road which had fallen off cars last night.
  • Aggieboy
    keef66 wrote:
    My son made a usb flash drive out of a little beanie platypus. You pull his beak off and plug him in. Ver popular with the ladies in the office.[/quote]

Your son or the 'plug in platypus'?
  • Stewie Griffin
    Porgy wrote:
    Were you awake all night then?

Pretty much, got to sleep at 4 :shock: .