Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I have no plans for the weekend.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    passout wrote:
    I have no plans for the weekend.

Going for a ride in the morning, I think. Am looking forward to all the boxing on tomorrow night on Sky though. Apart from Williams, I would rather watch paint dry, may not stay up to see Khan v Malinaggi which is on ITV either.
  • Thursday night is not the ideal night for a whisky tasting.
    Who you gonna believe? Me or your own eyes?
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    My index finger fits right up my nostril
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    I count myself lucky that I have never purchased a Focus from Wiggle.
    Cycling weakly
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Thursday night is not the ideal night for a whisky tasting.

True,unplanned as is often the case,i have found it often more fun that way.
  • FatGuts
    FatGuts Posts: 20
    Aldi only sell pepper in pepper grinders but sell salt in bulk packs..
  • skyd0g
    FatGuts wrote:
    Aldi only sell pepper in pepper grinders but sell salt in bulk packs..

maybe they're seasonal items.
    Cycling weakly
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hovis best of both is only £1 in Asda. I only know because someone I know shops there. I wouldn't be friends with someone if they did their main shop in Asda, I think it speaks volumes about their moral fortitude and upbringing.
  • passout
    My back has been playing me up something awful. I think it's my poor posture when sitting at a desk (which I did a lot last week).
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Thank goodness the squirrel showed no interest in the loop of old 105 gear cable that was attached to the tree :wink: . At least I didn't have any explaining to do to bewildered or traumatised children this morning.
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    There was about 2 metres of wire in my top floor balcony box this morning. I don't know where it came from but if a squirrel had managed to strangle itself on it I would have been pleased. I have unsettled scores with the squirrel population....
  • Stewie Griffin
    There was about 2 metres of wire in my top floor balcony box this morning. I don't know where it came from but if a squirrel had managed to strangle itself on it I would have been pleased. I have unsettled scores with the squirrel population....

Am getting an air rifle soon. Am going to be like the dude in full metal jacket hanging out of the side of a helicopter shouting "get some" as I shoot the little bastards right in the head :twisted:
  • Anonymous
    I only have 3 more posts to make until I get 3000. I must get out more.
  • Stewie Griffin
    dmclite wrote:
    I only have 3 more posts to make until I get 3000. I must get out more.

Its only a worry of you have more posts on here than miles on your bike :lol:
  • Anonymous
    3001 posts. I suddenly feel a bit deflated.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    A double espresso doesn't provide enough coffee flavouring for a whole coffee and walnut cake. Next time it'll have to be a tablespoon of Nescafe, I'm afraid! Still a nice cake though!
  • passout
    I went to Morecambe today - the prom really is very nice these days.
  • Ands
    A lady at the swimming pool put her bikini bottoms on inside out. Everyone could see what size and brand they were.
  • Flasheart
    Ands wrote:
    A lady at the swimming pool put her bikini bottoms on inside out. Everyone could see what size and brand they were.

You were that close huh? :wink:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
  • Ands
    Flasheart wrote:
    Ands wrote:

You were that close huh? :wink:
    :oops: Rumbled again. :wink:
  • Ands
    No sign of the squirrel in the garden since Sunday afternoon. He hasn't strangled himself, that's for sure. Wonder where he is.
  • Anonymous
    Ands wrote:
    No sign of the squirrel in the garden since Sunday afternoon. He hasn't strangled himself, that's for sure. Wonder where he is.

He is watching, waiting..........anticipating. :wink:
  • skyd0g
    He's waiting for you Ands.
    ...he's just busy right now.
    fannation-comsuper_squirrel.jpg
    Cycling weakly
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    skyd0g wrote:
    He's waiting for you Ands.
    ...he's just busy right now.
    fannation-comsuper_squirrel.jpg
    rofl i would of burst out laughing if it wasnt so late lol i am laughing quitely though lol!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Ands
    :lol::lol:
    Mr A has just headed off to London....I suspect the squirrel has been waiting for this moment before launching his assault on the bird feeders and digging up the lawn.

I have installed my own squirrel-proof contraption in the garden so maybe he's been foiled by that (upturned bucket threaded through the bird feeder pole so squirrel can only get half-way up the pole - a more humane contraption than the gear cable device!) We gave up trying to grease the pole with olive oil - only worked for a short while before all the oil came off (and was too expensive).
  • Flasheart
    Ands wrote:
    We gave up trying to grease the pole with olive oil - only worked for a short while before all the oil came off (and was too expensive).

So it's back to dancing on it huh?
    FCN3
  • passout
    If I'm honest, I quite like grey squirrels. Apart from the genetically doomed red squirrel, they don't really do any harm do they?
  • passout wrote:
    If I'm honest, I quite like grey squirrels. Apart from the genetically doomed red squirrel, they don't really do any harm do they?

They can chew on wiring and damage trees by removing bark to get at the sap. Living somewhere with a population of red squirrels (although I've not seen one for a couple of years, there's still evidence they're around), I really don't want to see any greys.
    Who you gonna believe? Me or your own eyes?
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    The glue thread looks like it could take over the Mundane Observations slot...