Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    Just got my Rover ticket for Lords tomorrow, its going to be 10 degrees if Im lucky. Perfect weather for sitting in the Warner Stand bar all day. Oh well.

What's a Rover ticket? And are you there for the whole test? If so, lucky you.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Just got my Rover ticket for Lords tomorrow, its going to be 10 degrees if Im lucky. Perfect weather for sitting in the Warner Stand bar all day. Oh well.

What's a Rover ticket?

It means he can take his dog.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330

What's a Rover ticket? And are you there for the whole test? If so, lucky you.

MCC Members guest ticket that entitles me to sit in any seat (that's not reserved) in any stand 8)

Only going tomorrow, am sure its not sold out, its only Bangladesh. The weather forecast is improving too, Pimms o clock after a ciabatta bacon sandwich inside the ground for elevensis :P .
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I just bought 10 specialized inner tubes for £19.90 in the evns sale. long valves, too.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I'm meeting a relative who is flying into Manchester Airport at the weekend on BA. What could possibly go wrong? I'll take a thick novel....
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I'm getting faster (at cycling)
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    passout wrote:
    I'm meeting a relative who is flying into Manchester Airport at the weekend on BA. What could possibly go wrong? I'll take a thick novel....
    How about plane spotting? :D I park up nearby and head off with my little picnic and sit near the runway to watch planes . :oops: A great way to while away the time.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Plane spotting - hmmm. It sounds crazy, but it might just work!
    Must buy a notebook and a plane identification book.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    passout wrote:
    Plane spotting - hmmm. It sounds crazy, but it might just work!
    Must buy a notebook and a plane identification book.

Don;t forget to take a copy of the Koran with you just to make things really interesting
  • Porgy
    I can die happy: Barry Chuckle just replied to my Tweet. :D 8)
  • Ands
    Does a bird build a nest first, and then mate? Or does it start building a nest after it has successfully mated?
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Ands wrote:
    Does a bird build a nest first, and then mate? Or does it start building a nest after it has successfully mated?

In ornitholigy, it depends on the bird species. Outside ornithology, it appears that most females mate with a footballist in an attempt to feather their nest. :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • Ands
    skyd0g wrote:
    Ands wrote:

In ornitholigy, it depends on the bird species. Outside ornithology, it appears that most females mate with a footballist in an attempt to feather their nest. :wink:
    I've been watching a dunnock build a nest in the garden, (and not a WAGtail getting it on with a c0ck. :D )
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    edited May 2010
    skyd0g wrote:
    Ands wrote:

WAG tales and wagtails, eh?

But I think you're right, some mate and sort out housing afterwards, male bowerbirds build bachelor pads to attract a mate but very often the female then has to go and build a nest on her own. Did you have a species in mind, Ands?

EDIT: ah, a dunnock. I don't know about that species' mating habits but I suspect it's a pregnant female - purely based on the lateness of the season.
  • skyd0g
    Ands wrote:
    skyd0g wrote:
    Ands wrote:

I've been watching a dunnock build a nest in the garden, (and not a WAGtail getting it on with a c0ck. :D )

Oooh! Get you with yer Dunnocks! Too posh fer sparrers are we? :lol:
    Cycling weakly
  • Ands
    skyd0g wrote:

It's Cheshire, darling, what did you expect :lol:
  • skyd0g
    Ands wrote:
    skyd0g wrote:

It's Cheshire, darling, what did you expect :lol:

Sparrers are too mundane for Cheshire, apparently. :wink: It's chock full of the Common Footbalists (Primadonnis Vulgaris) though.
    Cycling weakly
  • skyd0g
    Everybody must be doing really interesting stuff, as this thread had slipped to page 2.
    Cycling weakly
  • Anonymous
    I have been out observing mundanely, lets kick it up a notch or two.

I have changed my coffee brand. I now buy Co-op free trade filter coffee, which is really nice tasting and globally responsible.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I was in the 'Pret' earlier with Huw Edwards.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Anonymous
    There is a really nice looking girl on page 199 of the girls in lycra thread.
  • saymush
    saymush Posts: 80
    I love DMC
  • skyd0g
    She looks well equipped. Her pump will fall easily to hand and looks as if it's ready to be pressed into service at the drop of a hat.

...it is a pump, isn't it? :?
    Cycling weakly
  • Anonymous
    Looks like she is using tyre levers to balance on, whats that all about ?
  • Porgy
    edited June 2010
    skyd0g wrote:
    Everybody must be doing really interesting stuff, as this thread had slipped to page 2.
    I've been concentrating on my Twitter account for the past three days and my number of followers have increased by 20%. Which is nice.
  • Porgy
    Coffee machine is dispensing coffee with milk and hot water but appears to have run out of coffee. Yeuch!! :x
  • skyd0g
    It's been really nice out today. :D
    Cycling weakly
  • Aggieboy
    Tomorrow's Friday.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    No, today's Friday!
  • Aggieboy
    Tomorrow's Saturday.