Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Sugary drinks don't make kids hyper - I've tested this out......
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • I've just been to vote. There were lots of pensioners at the polling station.
    Who you gonna believe? Me or your own eyes?
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    When a thread on this forum contains 2 posts, the background colour on the first post is always White - the 2nd post always contains a Grey background - in the event of there being more than 2 posts in a thread, each subsequent post always contains either a white or grey background - all odd numbered posts are White - all even numbered posts are grey.
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    So, unless someone posts before me, this post will have a white background?
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Is the grey really grey, or is it actually a pale blue?
    Cycling weakly
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Im not quite over the flu and should have stayed in bed for another day.
  • deptfordmarmoset
    My broadband is really slow tonight.
  • shockedsoshocked
    shockedsoshocked Posts: 4,021
    How come once you're single all the girls who've been giving you the come on for the past couple of years suddenly disappear :evil:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Someone at the BBC website has been writing live election updates since 7.30am this morning. What do we know so far? That David Cameron has been chopping logs and Gordon Brown had lamb stew for dinner. Gripping stuff!
  • passout
    I'm having lamb stew for dinner although I should point out that I have never been to Rochdale and I don't agree with Nick.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I've been STUPID busy with work, so I haven't been able to post on here in, well, aaaaaaaaaaaaages.. :?
  • deptfordmarmoset
    I don't know who's going to sit where from now on at Prime Minister's Questions.
  • Anonymous
    Perhaps they could all sit on one another's knee?

It would be amusing, if a little barf worthy...
  • Mettan
    It's unlikely that there's ever been a Road-bike with 37 wheels.
  • Mettan
    Yellow is the predominant colour of the Emoticons on this forum.
  • Anonymous
    I had maple infused pancakes and coffe for breakfast after my commute. it was smashing.
  • Mettan
    If there's no space, there's no time.
  • passout
    Mettan wrote:
    If there's no space, there's no time.

There is space, don't worry![/i]
  • Ands
    dmclite wrote:
    I had maple infused pancakes and coffe for breakfast after my commute. it was smashing.
    I had a scotch pancake with Nutella this morning. Oops, I had forgotten about that when I smugly posted about my healthy poached egg lunch. :oops:
  • skyd0g
    I've never tried Nutella, perhaps I should.
    Cycling weakly
  • passout
    As I get older I increasingly enjoy gardening and radio 4 (sometimes together).
  • Mettan
    Ludwig, was, and still is the man.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    skyd0g wrote:

Yes, do, its great on everything!
  • Ands
    skyd0g wrote:

I first tried Nutella when I went on the French exchange at school in the 80s. I also pierced another hole in my ear on the coach journey over there. My parents noticed as soon as I got home tho, and, as a result, my dad gave me a lecture about catching aids.
  • skyd0g
    Ands wrote:
    skyd0g wrote:

I first tried Nutella when I went on the French exchange at school in the 80s. I also pierced another hole in my ear on the coach journey over there. My parents noticed as soon as I got home tho, and, as a result, my dad gave me a lecture about catching aids.

I'm not quite so keen on the Nutella now, if there's an increased chance of catching aids from consumption of the said spread. Maybe I should stick to peanut butter. :shock:
    How did your parents know? Chocolatey ring around your mouth?

*Warning* May contain nuts.
    Cycling weakly
  • Anonymous
    Someone has posted another "Average speed" question in the road begnners section. How mundane.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    dmclite
    and guess what the question was about 16-18 mph - its call average speed be cause it is avaerge!

anyone doing 32 should let go of the bumper!
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • ilm_zero7
    skyd0g wrote:
    Ands wrote:
    skyd0g wrote:

I'm not quite so keen on the Nutella now, if there's an increased chance of catching aids from consumption of the said spread. Maybe I should stick to peanut butter. :shock:
    How did your parents know? Chocolatey ring around your mouth?

*Warning* May contain nuts.
    bloody hell - good advice Skydog - i have trashed my jar of Nutella - do you think Dairylea spread is free from STD's?
  • ilm_zero7
    skyd0g wrote:
    Ands wrote:
    skyd0g wrote:

Chocolatey ring around your mouth?

*Warning* May contain nuts.[/quote

or even worse the chocolatey mouth around his ring! now that would explain the parental concerns about Aids!
  • Anonymous
    Chutney could be a carcinogen..........

I used to eat a lot of Victorian style chutney, on cheddar and jacobs wheatgerm crackers. Then I got testicular cancer when I was 34, and had to get a testicle removed.

You could say I used to contain nuts :wink: