Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437

Er, man turns pedal, bike goes forward. Another man turns his pedals, another bike goes forward.... and there's not even any holes to aim for...
    ...but there are plenty to avoid. Ah, Pot Hole, the cycling equivalent of Pot Black
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    dmclite wrote:
    I can't eat fish and chips anymore, to greasy for me now. Will be buying Werthers next. :cry:

shame that (not taking the pee, just making a mundane observation :) )
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I can eat fish and no chips or chips with no fish, but not both - part too greasy and part just too much full stop.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I'm tired so I'm going to bed now
  • Porgy
    It is quite late. Goodnight!
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Lightweights :roll:
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Porgy wrote:
    It is quite late. Goodnight!

Night.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    Steve Davis doing rather well. He's 52 you know.
  • Ruari
    Ruari Posts: 217
    I never knew Basement Jaxx released a cd called 'Crazy Itch Radio' until tonight.
    FCN 1
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Finished digging the garden yesterday. Hooray!

And my four-year-old went on his first bike-ride. Stuck him on a bike, gave him a push and he was away! Must have done at least a couple of miles (furthest I've jogged in years).
  • Stewie Griffin
    Spent 1.5 hours this morning being trained on how to use Outlook as we are switching from Lotus Notes. Or rather I spent 1.5 hours refusing to listen to someone teaching me how to suck eggs!
  • passout
    I've got a meeting tomorrow. I should really read the Agenda.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Spent 1.5 hours this morning being trained on how to use Outlook as we are switching from Lotus Notes. Or rather I spent 1.5 hours refusing to listen to someone teaching me how to suck eggs!

And they have failed to migrate my address book. IT staff? I poo them!
  • Porgy

And they have failed to migrate my address book. IT staff? I poo them!

Maybe it migrated somewhere nice. :)
  • Ands
    The road sweeper has gone past - as always, he misses the gutter outside our house as it's on a bend and he's too lazy to manouevre his vehicle into the curve. :roll:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Steve Davis is being pwned. He's 52 you know.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    There were a lot of Hawthorn flies out today.
    Bibio-marci.jpg
    Cycling weakly
  • Porgy
    My latest Lovefilm package arrived this morning....and it's the latest Star Trek film - "Star Trek".

Beer's in the fridge and I'll be home by 9.00. Can't wait!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Parker international called me at home to let me know the giordana shorts I wanted are out of stock. That was nice of them, I think.
  • passout
    I'm tired; I think that I need a holiday.
  • Ands
    My husband is not Bear Grylls. He is not trying to survive alone in the Canadian wilderness. So why is he trying to create a snare to catch a squirrel? :roll:
  • Stewie Griffin
    Ands wrote:
    My husband is not Bear Grylls. He is not trying to survive alone in the Canadian wilderness. So why is he trying to create a snare to catch a squirrel? :roll:

We bought a trap, it would have been nice if the fellow advised that its against the law to release greys under section 14 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act (1981), apparently. So, should I get a .22 or .177?
  • Anonymous
    Ands wrote:

We bought a trap, it would have been nice if the fellow advised that its against the law to release greys under section 14 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act (1981), apparently. So, should I get a .22 or .177?

A .22 has more stopping power but a .177 has higher velocity. I found .22 easier to load, less fiddly. You will need asquirrel cookbook next.
  • Stewie Griffin
    dmclite wrote:
    Ands wrote:

A .22 has more stopping power but a .177 has higher velocity. I found .22 easier to load, less fiddly. You will need asquirrel cookbook next.

Will ones that I dont need a license for be powerful enough? i.e; less than x feet per second at the muzzle. I will only go for those in our garden so nothing more than 20ish Meters. Cheers DMC, not too sure about the cookbook though :lol:
  • Porgy
    I watched "star Trek" last night. Now wondering why Spock looked so much like Andrew Collins.
  • Anonymous
    dmclite wrote:
    Ands wrote:

Will ones that I dont need a license for be powerful enough? i.e; less than x feet per second at the muzzle. I will only go for those in our garden so nothing more than 20ish Meters. Cheers DMC, not too sure about the cookbook though :lol:

Yeah, have a look here, any of these and you will be knee deep in Squirrel blood.

http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/catalog/i ... Path/34_98
  • passout
    I've killed 17 mice this year using 3 mouse traps. No squirrels though. Out of interest, why are you so determined to dispose of said squirrels? (Assuming there are no reds in your area.)
  • Stewie Griffin
    passout wrote:
    I've killed 17 mice this year using 3 mouse traps. No squirrels though. Out of interest, why are you so determined to dispose of said squirrels? (Assuming there are no reds in your area.)

Just the mockney reds unfortunately. Why? Because they ignored the keep out signs :evil: Destructive tree rats.
  • Ands
    passout wrote:
    Being outwitted by a squirrel is like being overtaken by another cyclist. Apparently. (Do men have fragile egos? :D )

(Or is that egoes?)
  • I'm in a 4th floor flat and one of our resident rodents ate the coriander, basil and oregano plants, roots and all, that I had on the balcony. I've had to settle for lettuce and radishes this year - because they're not good enough for these pests. (Yes, I've been outwitted by squiddles, I admit it. My plants are more fragile than my ego...)