Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    The hills in Devon tend to be quite gentle, while the hills in Norfolk are very small, and few in number.
  • Porgy
    Aggie Boy should be in Morocco by now
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I should be home now but I'm not. I'm still at work.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • I just saw a woman buy a cycling helmet today and then she cycled off with the helmet in a plastic bag dangling from the handlebars. How does that work?
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Maybe it was for someone else.
  • Maybe, but she looked like she was kitting up for a regular commute. Very attractive woman, as it happens. The mechanic dealing with my bike got quite distracted and I reminded him the he was supposed to be looking at my bottom bracket, except I said it louder than I meant to so that while the mechanics were laughing, she overheard and turned round, and it could have got very embarrassing.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I had a dream last night in which someone was trying to shoot me, he cornered me and as he was raising his gun to shoot me (this is the bit that freaked me out at the time) I remember realising that I was in a dream and that I needed to wake up right away, which I did. I lay there for ages thinking WTF was that all about?
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    My glasses have just broke so I have fixed them with sellotape........I look like that bloke off Coronation Street with the pidgeons!!
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • cyclopath
    cyclopath Posts: 71
    I just saw a woman buy a cycling helmet today and then she cycled off with the helmet in a plastic bag dangling from the handlebars. How does that work?

Put newly acquired helmet into bag of a plastic composition, place handlebars through said bag's own handles and pedal away.

Better than having a plastic bag on yer 'ead.
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    For charity I scarpered up some mountains. Feet were in tatters. St Anns Jombulance man bandaged feet up & said " carry on lad, you'll be alright. You can't die of blisters"...

Joan of Arc & plenty of Heretics did.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    I have been kindly given some duck eggs by a friend. :D
    Cycling weakly
  • I have a sore neck.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Is my Manager the only Manager in the world who arranges meetings for 3.30 on a Friday afternoon :evil: ?
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    My cat's licking her tail.
  • Porgy
    I'm amazed at the number of people who think that there is a "d" in pigeon.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    There is a 'd' in pidgin!
  • Porgy
    That probably is the source of the confusion. 8)
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    I should be packing for the move :(
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • Porgy
    edited April 2010
    Are some people just genetically predisposed to not being able to shut the fcuk up?
  • Stewie Griffin
    Porgy wrote:
    Are some people just gentically predisposed to not being able to shut the fcuk up?

I used to talk in my sleep apparently :oops: .
  • Porgy
    Mundanity is becoming scarce
  • skyd0g
    I did my first ride of the year in shorts. I even got a wolf-whistle (and from a girl!) Bonus! 8)
    ...although I think she was just impressed by the Daz-whiteness of my legs. :oops:
    Cycling weakly
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Just planted an apple tree, which was nice.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    If it was nice, that means it no longer is
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    passout wrote:

I dug up and burnt an apple tree on Sunday, which was also nice. It's just a little pile of ash now!
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    I'm watching a Rolling Stones DVD
  • Porgy
    It's nearly half way through April already - how did that happen? :?
  • Why do people saunter up to pedestrian crossings and press the button without looking at the road? If there's only one cyclist in view on a straight road, you can get across without having to stop the cyclist!
  • Porgy
    guilliano wrote:
    I'm watching a Rolling Stones DVD

Has it done anything good yet?

My suggestion is that you put it into a DVD player or a computer and watch what happens. You might enjoy it. :wink:
  • skyd0g
    passout wrote:

I'm not sure that's what mrspassout meant when she said she would like some Cox outdoors. :wink:
    Cycling weakly