Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Porgy seems to have had a few advances from men which he has re-butted. just an observation. :wink:
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Yeah - i was really ars.ed off with the whole thing!
  • Anonymous
    I just googled noam Chomsky, holy moley. :shock:
  • Porgy
    edited March 2010
    i just googled holy moley

holymoly.jpg
  • Anonymous
    I just ate a chumky KitKat, I feel guilt.
  • Porgy
    Asda does a chocolate bar, shaped like a 'Kit-Kat', called "Take A Break".
    dmclite wrote:
    I just ate a chumky KitKat, I feel guilt.

1. chumky
    The only word left for describing obese people that is actually more effective than "morbid", also can be used to name really cool dogs.
    "Man, that guys so freaking chumky"
    "Whoah! that dogs rad chumky!"

and has anyone ever looked up cumpkin in the Urban dictionary :lol:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cumpkin
  • Is prambushed a word? Because I think I just ducked the toys in time to avoid one.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Porgy wrote:
    When I was four my mum and I queued up outside Plymouth's drake cinema to see 101 Dalmations, but the cinema filled up before we could get in. I wasn't too disapointed.

When I was seven my Mum took me to see Star Wars in the Odeon Marble Arch, then we went to Wimpey and I had a Knickerbocker glory :D . 33 Years ago :shock: :cry:

I had already seen it a week before with Friends, but my Mum wanted to see it and told me that it would be ok to fib to my Dad just this once and say that I hadnt seen it if he asks.

Mum, its the best film I have seen in my ENTIRE LIFE, if Im going to see it again and get ice cream afterwards Im sure I can deal with any remorse I might feel after telling a fib :twisted: .
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I remember seeing Star Wars - it was only the second time i'd been to the cinema (Pete and the magic dragon was first). I was amazed, astounded, got smacked..............................
    ....no ice cream though!
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I keep hoping to find a bargain medium size jersey in the classifieds. True there are some bargains, but they're all L or XL.

Curse my trim build!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Porgy
    I went to see Star Wars with a friend who shared my christian name. He lived the other side of the railway tracks, his mother collected gonks and my friend later became a policeman.

I can still remember the experience clearly - first time i ever noticed stereo sound in a cinema - the management were projecting space related images before the film started.

It wasn't the first time i'd been to the cinema without one of my parents - i'd been going to the Saturday morning pictures for a while - with my friend.

Can't remember that ice cream was involved.
  • hamstrich
    hamstrich Posts: 112
    When you burp after eating Extra Strong Mints it sometimes tastes like carrot.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Walkers crisp packets seem to have reduced in volume over the last 15 years. Seem to be more flat and less in them than 15 years ago.
  • Mettan
    Over time, the volume button on the TV handset gets slightly lower and more unreliable.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I'm cycling to Emley Moor tomorrow. I'll be there by 2:30pm, then I'm gonna watch our kid play football against Emley FC.

I might have a pint.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Mettan wrote:
    Over time, the volume button on the TV handset gets slightly lower and more unreliable.

Why do people knacker the buttons by pressing them harder when the batteries are dying?
  • Anonymous
    I went to see JAWS in 1976, when I was 5. My parents thought it would be ok. The cinema was the ABC in Kilmarnock and I had Jungle Fresh Peanuts and a Kwenchy Kup drink. I was terrified. Still no talking to my parents. :D
  • Porgy
    My dad took me to see Jaws when i was 9. I was terrified of swimming all that summer - though i bravely went in anyway 8)

After seeing the film I read the novel. It was full of sex and swearing. My Dad didn't seem to mind and I ended up sitting up in bed till 3 in the morning - read the book all the way through in one go. :lol:
  • Mettan
    The tub of margarine/butter collects skanky toast crumbs and bits over a week or two, so your left dodging other people's crumbs and struggling to get that last "clean" bit of butter in the corner.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    I'm off out on the bike now, taking some clothes to my cousins I'm sure his wife will like them, I also keep finding biscuit crumbs in my bed when I don't eat in bed...
  • Porgy
    My wife always ate in bed. If I was away for a few days - the bed would become filled with bits of food, poetry books, magazines and two cats.
  • passout
    White streak in your hair or something more sinister?
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Shadi Robin is a surpris.
  • Anonymous
    Shadi, Shadi, who the fcuk is Shadi ?
  • All the typos on the first Shadi Robin thread were on the left hand side of the keyboard. Perhaps the poster was having a stroke.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    I remember going to see Grease with my mum in Truro in 1978.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    All the typos on the first Shadi Robin thread were on the left hand side of the keyboard. Perhaps the poster was having a stroke.

It would not surpris me.
  • Porgy
    passout wrote:
    White streak in your hair or something more sinister?

I apply for licenses so that we can manage the badgers that live on the land adjoining our railways. Nothing sinister. :D
  • passout
    'Manage a badger' - what do you E-mail them to say that they must attend a stakeholder meeting ..................or do you 'cull' them? You're a badger killer aren't you? This is an outrage - that's not mundane at all!
  • passout
    passout wrote:
    'Manage a badger' - what do you E-mail them to say that they must attend a stakeholder meeting ..................or do you 'cull' them? You're a badger killer aren't you? This is an outrage - that's not mundane at all!

Sorry - I was just baiting you.