Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    I lost my bike computer today, somewhere between taking the bike to a car, putting it in and later taking it out again, then putting it in my jacket pocket and lending it to 2 people. It was still on its first battery, too. I felt naked on the way home.

A battery powered jacket! How about your bike computer?

-Spider-
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    You should try wearing some trousers. Bike computers, generally speaking, are not big enough to protect your privacy in the first place!
  • rhext wrote:
    You should try wearing some trousers. Bike computers, generally speaking, are not big enough to protect your privacy in the first place!

Well it did say something about a lap function in the instructions. Where do you keep your lap?
  • rhext
    rhext wrote:

Well it did say something about a lap function in the instructions. Where do you keep your lap?

Good question! I suppose it might be underneath my laptop. I'll have a look!
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Cycle computer shouldn't be allowed on MTBs - it reminds you how slowly you are going.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • So, if the English Democrats, who launched themselves today, concentrated on council elections, would we end up with more ED wards?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    "IF" is in the middle of "LIFE".
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    'it' is in the middle of 'shite'
  • Anonymous
    Porgy wrote:
    'it' is in the middle of 'shite'

Very good, stumped now. I have a hard day at work andI I am tired already. Not a mundane observation, more a statement of fact, but I typed it mundanely.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    "or" is in the middle of "more"...
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Bird watchers might spot a tern in alternative.
  • Anonymous
    Bird watchers might spot a tern in alternative.

ABBA, the Swedish pop combo, who are no longer together, is spelt the same backwards.
  • Wearing a helmet in a hailstorm makes a lot of pinging noises.
  • -spider-
    My next post will be my 1,000th.

-Spider-
  • rhext
    More bloody snow!
  • passout
    Half term is over, so my kids are back to school today. We had lots a family days out over half term....which was nice.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Porgy
    ron is in the middle of environmental. My dad's called ron.
  • Porgy
    and 'mental ron vine' is an anagram of environmental
  • First day back at work after a week off today, Im shattered already. Thankfully I can make myself look busy by answering (or forwarding) some of the 164 e mails in my in box. Although at least 30 of those will be e mails from the system advising me that Im approaching my limit.
  • -spider-
    -spider- wrote:

Told you.

-Spider-
  • Porgy
    I've saved every important email recieved in the last 18 months - all organised in folders so I can find them again; and then I receive an email telling us that the system is about to change and I've got to save all those emails onto the hard drive or they will be deleted at the end of March. :shock:

Guess what I will be mainly doing between now and the end of March :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    This morning, I drank one glass less of water than I normally do.
  • Porgy
    -spider- wrote:
    -spider- wrote:

Told you.

I'm heading rapidly towards 3000. I'll have to make sure it doesn't go unheralded.
  • rhext
    I'm nowhere near my 1,000th post!
  • Porgy
    This is my 3000th post.

Hoorah!!! :D 8)
  • passout
    -spider- wrote:
    -spider- wrote:

Told you.

Well done.
  • I have to touch the metal frame of my desk with my hand to discharge the static lecky I seem to build up. If I dont do it then as I slide my legs under and they touch the metal frame then it discharges from my thighs to the metal frame which is quite uncomfortable.
  • Anonymous
    The kitchen ceiling has just been painted.

Amazing how might brighter a room can be for a spot of white paint!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I think Stewie Griffin needs to carry out a workstation assessment.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Porgy
    bloody hell - it's almost still light outside! It won't be long before I'm riding home in daylight. 8)