• Porgy wrote:
    I have never watched Gavin and Stacey.

I won't lie to yer, I have...
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    It's a good day to start
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Through January and February I had this image in my mind of spring starting precisely on 1st of March. Ludicrous! But it seems to have happened.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Yes, I've seen lambs and daffs today.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Porgy wrote:
    Through January and February I had this image in my mind of spring starting precisely on 1st of March. Ludicrous! But it seems to have happened.

I know what you mean September always smells different to August to me September is when Autumn starts
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    passout wrote:
    Yes, I've seen lambs and daffs today.

Not seen any daffs yet, am quite unlikely to see sheep of any age but I did meet my first wasp of the year though, winged barstewards.
  • Stewie Griffin
    I agree that we (councils) have to reduce our expenditure but number 8 is unacceptable. I have never been on strike before but it will be tools down if this happens.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8538686.stm
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    I agree that we (councils) have to reduce our expenditure but number 8 is unacceptable. I have never been on strike before but it will be tools down if this happens.

I was about to call 'foul' on this one on the grounds that it's not mundane enough. But it turns out I was wrong!
  • Porgy
    I'll be looking out for lambs at Shooters Hill Farm. I've already noticed the daffs poking through in Welling's ornamental gardens.

rhext wrote:

I was about to call 'foul' on this one on the grounds that it's not mundane enough. But it turns out I was wrong!

don't get me started on self service tills at libraries!! sometimes I end up having to queue up three times just to renew some books!!

And we've had a biscuit ban in my company for nearly 20 years - since the previous recession, in fact.
  • passout
    I like self serivce booths at libraries.....

Generally quicker but it depend on your library I guess...
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Porgy wrote:
    I'll be looking out for lambs at Shooters Hill Farm. I've already noticed the daffs poking through in Welling's ornamental gardens.

rhext wrote:

don't get me started on self service tills at libraries!! sometimes I end up having to queue up three times just to renew some books!!

And we've had a biscuit ban in my company for nearly 20 years - since the previous recession, in fact.

I dont need dental or healthcare but if I dont get a jaffa cake or a choccie hob nob in a meeting then it gets raised under AOB :lol:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I love those small sweet 'on the vine' tomatoes. I even like to sniff them, while in the box. :D
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Porgy
    passout wrote:
    I like self serivce booths at libraries.....

Generally quicker but it depend on your library I guess...

I wouldn't mind but somehting always goes wrong. I almost always end up with at least one book that doesn't have a thingy in it for the computer to recognise it - so I have to queue again at the being served by a human desk.

Also - it can't give me my cds so when taking out books and cds i have to queue first to do my books then again for the cds.

Last time i was there i queued for ages and just as i got to the front it took itself out of service, so i queued at the other one and it did the same - it's book bins were full so i queued a third time only to be told i should use the self service machines. Grrrrrrr!! :evil:
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    Piers Morgan is annoying
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The new great unwashed public love of everything Piers Morgan is annoying.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Just been reminded that we have a fire drill at 10.30 this morning. Isnt telling us defeating the point of it somewhat?
  • Mark Alexander
    fire dril's are necessary.

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Stewie Griffin

Do you think? :roll: What I question is why let us know, surely a building full of people sitting at their desks with their coats, scarves and gloves on, mobile phone, wallet and keys in pocket and drawers locked waiting for the fire alarm to go off is pointless.

I asked a fire warden why and was told that Health and Safety said that we have to be advised that its going to happen, just in case people panic and there is an accident and someone gets injured.
  • Porgy

Do you think? :roll: What I question is why let us know, surely a building full of people sitting at their desks with their coats, scarves and gloves on, mobile phone, wallet and keys in pocket and drawers locked waiting for the fire alarm to go off is pointless.

I asked a fire warden why and was told that Health and Safety said that we have to be advised that its going to happen, just in case people panic and there is an accident and someone gets injured.

You need a few false alarms then - when i worked in Paddington false alarms went off on a weekly basis - usually because of illicit toaster use - which in theory were banned from the building.

then one day there was a real fire and the whole building burned to the ground. Apparently the point that it started was directly one floor above my desk. :shock:
  • Stewie Griffin
    Porgy wrote:

You need a few false alarms then - when i worked in Paddington false alarms went off on a weekly basis - usually because of illicit toaster use - which in theory were banned from the building.

then one day there was a real fire and the whole building burned to the ground. Apparently the point that it started was directly one floor above my desk. :shock:

We had a false alarm not too long ago, metal take away dish in a microwave ffs :x
  • passout
    When I was a Nipper I always felt disappointed by Disney films - all that hype but then no guns, car chases etc. I didn't even enjoy a child hood visit to Disneyland - rides were too slow and spent half the day in queue in the blazing sun; Universal was amazing though. My daughter is the exact opposite - unaware of the hype (only 4 & doesn't watch much commercial TV) and LOVES it. Princesses, cute animals, heart warming tales etc. Loves it. Makes me think that Disney is for girls....
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Those cards with a naked lady on them for selling peanuts in pubs did increase sales.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Those cards with a naked lady on them for selling peanuts in pubs did increase sales.

The same technique didn't work quite so well for pork scratchings.
    Cycling weakly
  • Mark Alexander
    I need to sleep earlier

• Fish can be quite pretty, I suppose. But, on balance, it's probably a good thing that they don't go black and blue when they're battered.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be graphite compound and pointy.
  • passout
    dmclite wrote:
    You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be graphite compound and pointy.

2B sure
  • Porgy
    When I was four my mum and I queued up outside Plymouth's drake cinema to see 101 Dalmations, but the cinema filled up before we could get in. I wasn't too disapointed.
  • Alain Quay
    Alain Quay Posts: 534
    Noam Chomsky says profound things, but one can never remember them,
    so overall quite mundane really
  • Porgy
    "Hello, I'm Noam Chomsky"

Noam Chomksy, 2005