Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Apples taste nicer eaten piece by piece, when sliced with a knife.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • I only discovered gmaps pedometer today. It looks like it might be useful for some route planning.
  • Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    I've resisted the terry's chocolate orange in the fridge so for but I wonder how long it will last once I 'tap and unwrap'.....
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • Ramsbury Gold is very good and comes in a bottle
  • I went to the doctors and had to come in a bottle but ramsbury gold is much more appealing
  • There is more Ramsbury gold in a bottle than me.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I had two meetings today neither of which were very productive - meetings are often like that, aren't they?
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    I find eating carrots straight out of the fridge hurt my teeth
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited January 2010
    I always disagree with authority.
  • passout
    I suspect that he means what he says too - I don't suffer from that.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Murray won again.

-Spider-
  • Im conducting an experiment today. How much good luck do you receive after being shat on by a bird.
  • -spider-
    Im conducting an experiment today. How much good luck do you receive after being shat on by a bird.

Stewie

There are a lot of variables to take into account here;
      The amount of crap The height the crap fell from (accuracy of bird) The size of the bird The speed of the target The size of the target The amount of witnesses etc Please can you be more precise?

-Spider-
  • -spider- wrote:
    Im conducting an experiment today. How much good luck do you receive after being shat on by a bird.

Stewie

The amount of crap The height the crap fell from (accuracy of bird) The size of the bird The speed of the target The size of the target The amount of witnesses etc Please can you be more precise?

Easily 50p sized
    The crap fell a minimum of 20feet from a bird in a tree
    Average sized Male Blackbird
    Target (me) stationary.
    My right shoulder in a slightly padded jacket.
    No human witnesses, perhaps a few of his mates.

I parked my car on the right hand side of the road and performed my usual exit procedure. While standing still next to the Drivers door I put my wallet, keys, work pass and papaya & pineapple Jordans frusli bar into various pockets and was about to proceed to fold in the passenger side mirror (I religiously fold in whichever mirror is "road side" if parked on a street), when I felt this "plop" on my right shoulder. I could just see it out of the corner of my eye and while taking my jacket off to properly confirm the event I managed to fold the collar of my jacket down into it which of course gave me two patches of a greeny/yellow excrement to remove.

Minimal effort for the bird, I parked under him and stood still giving him enough time to line me up. Does this reduce the amount of luck I entitled to?
  • passout
    -spider- wrote:

Stewie

Easily 50p sized
    Target (me) stationary.

I parked my car on the right hand side of the road and performed my usual exit procedure. While standing still next to the Drivers door I put my wallet, keys, work pass and papaya & pineapple Jordans frusli bar into various pockets and was about to proceed to fold in the passenger side mirror (I religiously fold in whichever mirror is "road side" if parked on a street), when I felt this "plop" on my right shoulder. I could just see it out of the corner of my eye and while taking my jacket off to properly confirm the event I managed to fold the collar of my jacket down into it which of course gave me two patches of a greeny/yellow excrement to remove.

Minimal effort for the bird, I parked under him and stood still giving him enough time to line me up. Does this reduce the amount of luck I entitled to?

Also the type of bird - an Eagle or a Flamingo must be better luck than a Pigeon for instance. Also there is the Magpie question - were you shat on by a mappie which was flying alone, with another mapgpie or in a group. One for sorrow, two for joy, three for girl ,four for boy, five for silver, six for gold, seven for secret never to be told. Hope that helps.
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    -spider- wrote:
    Murray won again.

Come on Tim!
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Anonymous
    Up the oiks.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    What does it say about us all that the last entry in the 'Profound Observations Thread' was Nov 16th?

(Should that post actually be in that thread? :? :wink: )
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Aggieboy wrote:
    What does it say about us all that the last entry in the 'Profound Observations Thread' was Nov 16th?

(Should that post actually be in that thread? :? :wink: )

I've been working on a profound observation, it's just that it's taken me a little longer than I expected....

Anyhow, if a bird shit is a 50p size, is a £1 size bird shit twice as big?

Edit: I didn't write bird shoot because I don't believe in them....what I wrote was....oh, that's not going to work is it?
  • -spider-
    -spider- wrote:

Stewie

Easily 50p sized
    Target (me) stationary.

That must be worth at least 7.5g of luck. Had you or the sh!tter been moving this luck would have been increased by 10x. If both were moving (at average speed) this can be multiplied by 100x.

Why were you standing under the sh!tter anyway - providing target practice for an aged (or juvenile) bird. Both of these could, of course, reuce the amount of luck due.

-Spider-
  • Spider, now I think about it, I was moving. I had probably only taken 2 or 3 steps on a grass verge toward the front of my car so I wasnt up to full speed at that point but I was on the move. Sorry for asking you to calculate it all again. I would ask for the formula but it happens so rarely and its probably well beyond me anyway :oops:
  • -spider-
    Sorry Stewie, but moving into the drop zone of a sitting sh!tter lessens the luck by 95%. However, as you were not quite at full speed the sh!tting committe may accept an appeal.

-Spider-
  • -spider- wrote:
    Sorry Stewie, but moving into the drop zone of a sitting sh!tter lessens the luck by 95%. However, as you were not quite at full speed the sh!tting committe may accept an appeal.

Oh bollocks :( . Well I guess I deserved it, I wont appeal, I wont be parking there again either :lol:
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    I got a haircut today.
    My hair is now shorter and more vibrant (apparently).
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Anonymous
    Ive just posted in the third world thread, I hope I made a good point, I wil be dissapointed if it is dissed, ragga-stylee.
  • Tempestas
    Tempestas Posts: 486
    One coat paint always looks better after two coats....
  • -spider-
    Tempestas wrote:
    One coat paint always looks better after two coats....

What if you miss out the first coat and go straight to the second?

-Spider-
  • i oiled my chain this morning
  • I stalled my car in traffic on the way to work this morning :oops:
  • -spider-
    Got the Moontie serviced today

-Spider-